Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

guess i was being hasty. i have to admit, lovely, lovely goal by dutra. e: https://vine.co/v/M9bh1e32xla

i'm also in love with verboom he's class

R. Mute fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

That's some goal, drat!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Hell yeah. Both the worst and best football I've seen from Ghent today.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

The results.

Champions league:
Standard 0-0 Panathinaikos

Euro League:
Zulte Waregem 2-5 Shachtor Soligorsk
Club Brugge 3-0 Brøndby IF

Oostende 0-2 Anderlecht
Kortrijk 2-3 Standard
Racing Genk 1-1 Cercle Brugge
Charleroi 2-3 Westerlo
Moeskroen-Péruwelz 1-0 Waasland-Beveren
Lokeren 2-1 Zulte Waregem
Club Brugge 1-0 Lierse SK
AA Gent 3-1 KV Mechelen

Not the best week for Zulte, but at least we can write down the loss to Lokeren to habit. In more general news, the first two days have already been peak JPL. Incompetence from the bigger teams gets cancelled out by the incompetence of the rest of the league, the midtable clubs disappoint, there's a plucky underdog doing well with Westerlo being last year's Oostende - and in the end, Anderlecht win it.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

In other news from the total joke of a club Racing Genk, they're now getting rid of defender Jeroen Simaeys because he made some remarks in the papers - remarks like 'poo poo is hosed up' 'we should play the players we bought.' So I guess other players will be playing.

Meanwhile, Jelle Vossen continues to frantically search for a foreign club who's willing to pay Way Too Much Money for his garbageman self.

It's all so sad. I really liked Genk two seasons ago. They were fun to watch. Now I hope they get relegated.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Don't know if anyone is watching Standard atm, but Mpoku just scored a crazy goal. I went :drat: irl

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

poo poo, I forgot they actually show the Champions League qualification rounds.

Here's a link if anyone else missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlm0Q1NyyYs

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Unsurprisingly, Zulte did not make up 2-5. Also Vercauteren back at Genk?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i watched lokeren tie genk and ugghnngnnn *groan* sighhhhh

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

If the Costa Ricans want to see JJ Ruiz Do A Thing, he didn't quite end a beautiful move with a goal, but Franck Berrier tapped in the rebound so it's all good in the end. Starts at 0:40 - http://www.nieuwsblad.be/SportWereld/cnt/DMF20140809_01211105

Some pretty bad defending, though.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Well gently caress me, Gent just beat Standard.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I need to sort out my fotmob notifications if I want to follow all the teams I intend to follow this season, totally missed Oostende and Club again. Is Duarte suspended/injured?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Drogadon posted:

I need to sort out my fotmob notifications if I want to follow all the teams I intend to follow this season, totally missed Oostende and Club again. Is Duarte suspended/injured?

Not completely recovered after thursday's game.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Racing Genk 0-0 Lokeren
KV Mechelen 1-2 Kortrijk
Lierse SK 2-2 Moeskroen-Péruwelz
Cercle Brugge 0-1 Oostende
Waasland-Beveren 1-1 Westerlo
Standard 0-1 AA Gent
Anderlecht 1-0 Charleroi
Zulte Waregem 1-1 Club Brugge

Match-day three: ties and also Gent beat Standard.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Wooooooooo! Go Gent!
Pretty stupid to start Souamahoro though, he was injured this week during training. Shame that he's made out of glass, I like him.
I also like Depoitre more and more, wasn't really convinced when we signed him, but hey, so far so good. Hope it lasts!

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Wow, if Anderlecht really manage to sign Defour they go from "one of the likely title contenders" to "by far the most likely winner" in this poster's humble opinion.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Walh Hara posted:

Wow, if Anderlecht really manage to sign Defour they go from "one of the likely title contenders" to "by far the most likely winner" in this poster's humble opinion.

Defour and Big Dan...

SandersPacheco
Jul 15, 2004

Faster than light

R. Mute posted:

If the Costa Ricans want to see JJ Ruiz Do A Thing, he didn't quite end a beautiful move with a goal, but Franck Berrier tapped in the rebound so it's all good in the end. Starts at 0:40 - http://www.nieuwsblad.be/SportWereld/cnt/DMF20140809_01211105

Some pretty bad defending, though.

P poo poo defending, but PHWOAR nonetheless.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

beedeebee posted:

Defour and Big Dan...
i loving hate anderlecht so much

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I love Anderlecht

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I am indifferent about Anderlecht

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
I like Anderlecht when they play Champion's League and dislike them otherwise. I.e. I want them to win all their Champions League matches and lose all their JPL matches, if possible.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
I am indifferent about Anderlecht, but I am enjoying the tears from Standard supporters.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

It's just kind of insane. They paid 6,5 million euros for Defour and he's getting 1,5 million in wages. Just compare that to the budgets of the smaller teams. There are entire squads out there that don't cost that much. It's complete overkill.

Luckily, they aren't getting Van Buyten - he's retiring.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

to give some contrast, we just signed Mohamed 'straight up punched a guy during a friendly' Messoudi after he got kicked out of loving OHL. i mean

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.

R. Mute posted:

to give some contrast, we just signed Mohamed 'straight up punched a guy during a friendly' Messoudi after he got kicked out of loving OHL. i mean

What, why the gently caress would you do that? Isn't he awaiting how long he'll be banned and stuff? What possible good would signing him have?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

He actually just got off on a procedural error, so he's free to play. I still don't know why we'd want him (other than: even if we sell him for peanuts in January, those are still peanuts we're getting) - it's like we learned nothing about keeping the happy from last year's shenanigans. Is he actually good? I've never heard of him before he punched that guy.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
He was captain in the match he punched someone, so yeah, he wasn't bad, or at least, he was getting chances to evolve. Didn't know he got off, that's bad really.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I guess he might be entertaining to watch if we put him up there with Skulason in some sort of Bash Brothers kind of deal.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Phwoar some strike for Standard

edit: lol standard are poo poo

sassassin fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 15, 2014

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Standard getting wrecked. Moeskroen not giving them an inch - it's real pretty. I wonder how long they can keep this pressure up, though.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Pwhoar

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

w-e-l-p.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I think this game proves it's not a real league (or country).

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I wouldn't have it any other way.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

two bad teams

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

a large amount of angry gentenaren

<3 sylla

e: now it's a large amount of angry me

R. Mute fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 17, 2014

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

godmotherfuckingdamnit what the gently caress

how about a goddamn sub, dury?

e: also gently caress you habibou

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah, Habib is pretty great. Certainly is proving Hein wrong atm. Suprised he let Milicevic take that second penalty though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

gently caress this ref. habibou dives (again) but only skulason gets a yellow? christ

• Locked thread