Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah, that was weird. Stupid red card though. But glad we got 3 points :)

EDIT: apparantly Kums told Habibou that Milicevic had to take the penalty. Cool that we have a leader who isn't afraid to make decisions

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Well, that was poo poo. At least we're getting a few "easier" games now, after those heavy early fixtures. Let's hope Dury gets his poo poo together, ffs.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Defour's bird is an amazing cliche

phwoar

edit: A lad is dying of a head injury and she's on her phone. Typical.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 17, 2014

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Quality header by Mbemba

1-0... to Westerlo lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
You know it's belgium when they play boot scootin boogie at half time.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

a game is happening.

there are angry fans

R. Mute fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 22, 2014

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Oscar Duarte has to come to CR to face criminal charges, apparently he threatened a bar bouncer with a gun back in 2012.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Is this serious? Or is he just facing a fine or something?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
It's a bunch of bullshit to get some blackmail money out of a (relatively) rich person.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Alex McLeish is the new KAA Genk boss. Haha, good luck with that.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

uXs posted:

It's a bunch of bullshit to get some blackmail money out of a (relatively) rich person.

Pretty much, otherwise this would have surfaced back in 2012

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Haggis Heed posted:

Alex McLeish is the new KAA Genk boss. Haha, good luck with that.
KRC Genk, but yes. I hear he's pretty bad? At least he'll be a good fit for Genk then.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Belgian pals, who is Maxime Lestienne and is he any good?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

He's a winger for Club Bruges. He looks like a meth addict, had a good season in 2012-2013, then fell back into mediocrity in 2013-2014. Just like other garbagemen like Jelle Vossen, he's been linked to foreign clubs for way too long and he'll end up going to a Championship side or Sunderland.

He's not being linked to Milan, is he?

e: uh oh

R. Mute fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 23, 2014

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

R. Mute posted:

He's a winger for Club Bruges. He looks like a meth addict, had a good season in 2012-2013, then fell back into mediocrity in 2013-2014. Just like other garbagemen like Jelle Vossen, he's been linked to foreign clubs for way too long and he'll end up going to a Championship side or Sunderland.

He's not being linked to Milan, is he?

e: uh oh

This is exactly what I didn't want to hear because it is the most late-market Milan type signing that always goes through and then we're stuck with some turd for 3 years. loving hell, thanks.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

You might want to wait for a second opinion from a Club Brugge fan. I don't watch him week in week out, I dunno.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

R. Mute posted:

You might want to wait for a second opinion from a Club Brugge fan. I don't watch him week in week out, I dunno.

Im pretty sure I banned the only one here, lol

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

There's still uXs and maybe Green-Eyed Loco Man. The Costa Ricans may also have seen him if he ran anywhere near Duarte.

e: free belgend

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
He joined us a few years ago when he was just a tiny little babby, bought from a team that went bankrupt. He spent some time improving, getting better. The year before last he was brilliant, everything worked and his assist and goal stats were awesome. Last year was not as good, but his stats still make him one of our best players. I blame his loss of form on Bacca leaving us, him wanting to maybe leave, and just not being able to keep up his amazing form.

I'd be rather sorry to see him go, because even when he's rubbish he can still score and be dangerous, and he never ever gives less than a 100%.

Anyway, type of player: fast, very fast, during the entire game. Don't be surprised if you see him in full sprint on the attack over half the pitch, then running back all the way to defend. Multiple times per game. Seriously, he just does not stop. He can play both on the left and the right, but being a lefty he'll mostly come inside when he plays on the right. A bit like Robben maybe.

He's had a few injuries, but I wouldn't (unlike certain other players in our squad) describe him as injury-prone. His biggest negative is probably that he's, um, not the smartest player ever. Don't give him complicated instructions because in 10 seconds he'll have forgotten all of them. Just put him on the field and point him in the direction of the goal and you'll be happy you did.

Here, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cif2teLdJWw

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Wow, that's different response!

uXs posted:

I'd be rather sorry to see him go, because even when he's rubbish he can still score and be dangerous, and he never ever gives less than a 100%.

That's actually what most of Milan's players lack. We need players who wont give up half way through or when they're down. This is still very much a rumor but this makes me feel a lot better. Thanks for the writeup! As long as he works hard and gives his all I can't complain too much.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Some dude on the Club forum says he spotted Max today on a plane to Doha, Qatar. I don't know if that makes the link to Milan stronger or weaker?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

11 goals in the Belgian league, though... I mean...

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Well I didn't say he was the second coming of Christ. I also think going straight to Milan would be skipping a step, I don't think he's ready for that.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Don't get me wrong, I think a move could do wonders for him... maybe.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

It's not like he would be starting. Hopefully it's a loan or something, if it's true at all. He'd be back up to El Sha anyway.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
The silly/sad thing is that he's easily one of the best wingers still in the Jupiler Pro League, but he's poo poo anyway.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Mitrovic is a proper wasteman

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol Brugge

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

lol our league. it's bad. it's real bad.

also, lestienne has been sold to a club in qatar and will be loaned to a club in europe? kinda hosed up

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
That was one of the worst games I've seen in a decade.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

guess it's up to *squints at table* gent and four recent newcomers to the league to hold back anderlecht

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Turns out the ex-mayor of Antwerp, Patrick Janssens, was a Genk fan all along. Oh, and he is now their new director I guess. :shrug:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

this will surely turn the club around

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I probably wouldn't be watching Gent-Kortrijk, but it's 0-1 and Gent subbed two players before the 30 minute mark, so...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
We bought the wrong half of Kortrijk :negative:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

You guys really missed Kums once he went off. Last year, he was always exactly where he needed to be to pick up the ball and keep the pressure up. Kortrijk just had too much breathing room.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Mitrovic just got knocked the gently caress out.

Bit of water and vaseline and he's fine. Americans hate this.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Well, that was an entertaining match. Too bad they didn't both lose, but w/e

R. Mute posted:

You guys really missed Kums once he went off. Last year, he was always exactly where he needed to be to pick up the ball and keep the pressure up. Kortrijk just had too much breathing room.

Yup. It's pretty amazing how big the difference with or without him is. Hope he's not out for too long, haven't heard anything so I guess it's nothing serious.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Because I'm bored at work, I crappily copy-pasted some results. Enjoy!

And here is the current table!

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Sep 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

we're so terrible

• Locked thread