Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
The Trainer God has a new sacrifice: Guido Brepoels and Waasland-Beveren are breaking up. Brepoels get to decide if he wants to finish the season or not, but next season he's out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

watch all po-I clubs gently caress up and gift anderlecht the title again

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Welp, would have really liked a point there. But Gent and the 1st place = a big nono it seems.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

:getin:

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Standard :vince:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Every PO I team won one game and lost one game. They're all playing at the same high level.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
grats Brugge on the title

R. Mute posted:

Get hosed, Anderlecht. You're bad, terrible, mentally weak.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Punc posted:

grats Brugge on the title

Hmmm, not too sure about that. They won't keep getting this lucky (2 penalties against Standard, no penalty against them for the foul on Acheampong, off-side goal that wasn't offside disallowed, Praet missing a sitter etc...), they might want to start playing better. But yeah, what the gently caress Anderlecht, get your poo poo together.

What I'm saying is: come on blue white!

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Penalties against Standard weren't luck, they were fouls made in the penalty box by Standard.

No penalty on Acheampong is correct, but I'd advise you to look at what VDB does to De Sutter in the first half, that should've been a penno too.

And VDB shouldn't have been on the pitch anymore at that point because of the attack on Vazquez' ankle. (After which he wouldn't have been able to prepare their goal either.)

Praet missing, yeah well, that was kinda lucky. But also a lack of quality on his part.

Were Anderlecht better during most of the game? Yes, way better. Until Oularé came on the pitch, at that point the game started to go our way. We've won plenty of games in the last quarter this year, it's not that much of a surprise that we do it again.

That said, we really were playing quite badly. I'm hoping that with a few players returning and Vazquez getting better each game (and avoiding getting murdered) it will improve a bit.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Well yeah, but Anderlecht could (should) have decided the game long before Oularé came on the pitch.

Anyways; really looking forward to sundays game. It's gonna be pretty decisive. If Brugge win, they suddenly have 5 points on Gent and Anderlecht. That's gonna be hard to get back. However, if Gent and Anderlecht both win their game, suddenly the top 3 is back within 3 points of each other.

I might look at this through blue-white colored glasses, but I feel like Gent is starting to play really good. And with both Moses and Pedersen fit, we have plenty of options. They score way easier than Brugge (all their goals in the PO where on standard situations I think?) and don't have to fly to Ukraine on thursday. Our confidence is also high, and against Brugge everyone always gives a little more. So I'm fairly confident. Bring on the weekend!

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Pretty sure we're flying there on tuesday or wednesday at the latest, and return on friday. We have so many EL games this season we've perfected our system for them.

I'm not in the habit of predicting how games will go and I'm not going to start now. Only thing I'll say is that it's going to be difficult.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
For anyone who cares (= me), it's tuesday:

SandersPacheco
Jul 15, 2004

Faster than light
Duarte like a fuckin boss. Nice pic.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
drat anderlecht. Hope that's all the goals you'll score in the play offs.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Welp. Just welp.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Rip :(

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
I think Izquierdo is one of the top potential Colombian talents in the World and definitely following in Bacca's footsteps in being the next big thing. He's got a lot better shooting technique than Cuadrado and wickedly fast. I think he's definitely headed somewhere big in the future. I don't know why Pekerman hasn't called him up to the National Team Yet. I think he would be perfect to replace Cuadrado in the Copa America. I can't loving wait for that Cuadrado-James-Izquierdo linkup.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

*looks at po ii results*

this works, the po system is a good idea

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

R. Mute posted:

*looks at po ii results*

this works, the po system is a good idea

po what now?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

beedeebee posted:

po what now?
it's where all the cool clubs and also waasland beveren hang out. you wouldn't have heard of it

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Holy gently caress, Gent is actually in first place. Wow, that's a special feeling.:feelsgood:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
loving review commission. Depoitre suspended for 2 games, Proto and Carcela not suspended.
Now isn't really the time to wake up, useless idiots in that commission. God drat.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/voetbal/Jupiler_Pro_League/1.2333261

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
In sadder news, another young player died of a hearth attack, Tim Nicot was 23 and played for Beerschot.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Can't loving believe that this is an actual possibility:

Can't wait till thursday!

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
:catstare:

I am not ready for this...

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
gently caress your human being clubs Brugge is where it is at rest can suck my big black latin cock.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

PerpetualSelf posted:

gently caress your human being clubs Brugge is where it is at rest can suck my big black latin cock.

I think you'll find that Gent is where it's actually at :tipshat:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

beedeebee posted:

I think you'll find that Gent is where it's actually at :tipshat:

Have fun next year getting destroyed in the CL and in PO2, and ruining our country coefficient.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

uXs posted:

Have fun next year getting destroyed in the CL and in PO2, and ruining our country coefficient.

:feelsgood:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

The least terrible club in POI, save for Charleroi, might win it. Good stuff.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
They did it, they loving did it!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
We did it! We loving did it!

Also Van Damme didn't play, so he's coming to Gent for sure.

But, we did it! Wooooooooooooo!!

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

And Anderlecht are third. :getin:

Congratulations, Gent. You guys deserve it.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Yeah, I'm really happy Ghent won as well. They don't really have any standout star player, none of their players is the best in his position in the league, but they played really well together and Hein is clearly a very talented coach.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
:siren: Update, Gent is still the champion:siren:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

R. Mute posted:

And Anderlecht are third. :getin:

Congratulations, Gent. You guys deserve it.

Yeah, they don't. Over the entire season Club was clearly the better team, the biggest reason we didn't win the league is because we played 17 more games & the related loss of form and injuries. Also the retarded PO system that punishes teams that do well in Europe.

63 games (most in europe)
Best player (and #2 player), best coach, best goalkeeper
Most won games
Most points (without the stupid /2)
Best ratio of goals scored/conceeded
Cup winner
1/4th final EL (with 0 losses except for the very last game)
2nd in the league

So no, you don't deserve it. We did.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

uXs posted:

Yeah, they don't. Over the entire season Club was clearly the better team, the biggest reason we didn't win the league is because we played 17 more games & the related loss of form and injuries. Also the retarded PO system that punishes teams that do well in Europe.

63 games (most in europe)
Best player (and #2 player), best coach, best goalkeeper
Most won games
Most points (without the stupid /2)
Best ratio of goals scored/conceeded
Cup winner
1/4th final EL (with 0 losses except for the very last game)
2nd in the league

So no, you don't deserve it. We did.

Hmm, I just checked and... This all doesn't matter. What does matter is this.
Thanks for pointing this all out though Michel!

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

beedeebee posted:

Hmm, I just checked and... This all doesn't matter. What does matter is this.
Thanks for pointing this all out though Michel!

Eh, it does matter when talking about "deserving". No one is arguing you didn't win under the current system. It's just that it gives an unfair advantage to teams that go out of Europe early (or don't compete at all), which is pretty much indisputable fact.

Gent barely edged Club by two points, despite all the advantages they had (halving of Club's lead, no Thursday games, no cup final), so I think a fair case can be made they were not the most deserving team this year.

Green Eyed Loco-Man fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I think Gent deserved it. Maybe Brugge deserved it more, but Gent did deserve it. Mainly Anderlecht didn't deserve it and didn't get it. Anyway, what I came here to post:

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20150528_01703166

inshallah

• Locked thread