Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Whispering Machines posted:

Yeah sorry guys but we're gonna be hearing about Eph, Kelly, and Zack through book 3. Congrats!

And Kevin Durand is pretty goofy looking and like seven feet tall but then

:stare:

His face looks a bit like Elon Musk. Either that or Musk moonlights as a vampire hunter on TV when he's not busy building spaceships.

Oh and his fake accent is really loving terrible. Are actual Russian-speaking actors THAT hard to find in Hollywood? By comparison, The Americans did a fantastic job with their Russian-speaking cast. And yes, I know that Fet is supposed to be Ukrainian, but the two languages are extremely similar and anyone who grew up under Soviet rule in Ukraine and left before 91 speaks Russian.

Edit: To clarify, a Ukrainian speaking actor would be even better, but from watching The Americans we can see that at the very least there are some Russian speakers working in the TV business.

Mr.48 fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Pellisworth posted:

I was hoping the Master's appearance would follow from the whole worm-vampire premise and he wouldn't actually have a face but instead some Lovecraftian mass of tentacles and mandibles and worms.

What if hes a giant worm wearing the body of a big dude like a suit? Crossing my fingers.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Pellisworth posted:

See but this gag would actually be more entertaining than the half of the episode spent on bad child actor getting smokes for senile grandma.

Seriously, I hate kids in horror movies (well, 99% of the time) and having watched my own grandma turn into a vegetable from Alzheimer's this episode really made me cringe even without any vampires onscreen.

Oh and the same kid plays the son of a congressman in House of Cards, with congressman himself played by the same actor who plays Ephraim here. They're not father and son in real life, so its kind of weird that they play those roles with each other in two separate shows.

Josh Lyman posted:

Well for one, The Americans is a good show and this... this is not.

Its just a bummer because this show started out so strong.

Mr.48 fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 22, 2014

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

etalian posted:

The Americans is that spy show? Never got around to watching it.

Like everyone else said, its absolutely amazing if you have even the slightest interest in cold-war politics. The writing is excellent, and I particularly appreciate the effort they made to have key Russian-speaking roles filled by actors who can actually speak Russian.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
What a loving letdown, I kept hoping against hope that the final episode would improve things and get me excited for season 2 but no dice. Guess I'm done with this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

etalian posted:

The vampire premise is somewhat eclectic too since they seem familiar to Stroker vampire such as having the special coffin/soil from the home land but the actual biology is due to scientific reasons not supernatural ones.

Its still very much supernatural though. What with the psychic powers, funky mirror reflections and all the rest of the silly stuff.

• Locked thread