Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

evilweasel posted:

I consider "you have a criminal record a mile long" more an exception for a new law to handle than a justification for our whole dumb system.

We got where we are by stealing everyone willing to make the journey and I would like to continue robbing the rest of the world of everyone with a shred of motivation.

Don't you mean motivated CRIMINALS? Filled to the brim with DISEASE and PLAGUE?

It's a very real problem: just ask on the left!

If only we'd enforce the laws as they are written, things would be better.

*gets life sentence for possession of pot with no parole, society remains lovely*

on the left posted:

People don't want to kick them out of school though, they want to remove them physically from the US.

Are you joking? People most definitely get into a frothing rage over MAH TAX DOLLARS going to a single "illegal", whether it's using hospitals or schools.

And how are those two things mutually exclusive for you? Do you imagine the "illegals" would continue their education uninterrupted via an online degree program?

Also, your username is really misleading.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jul 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

on the left posted:

It's not deportation if we make illegal immigration financially unviable. Furthermore, employers who break labor laws are a good target for enforcement.

How could you have undocumented migrants in your family and still be this ignorant about how immigrants actually make life choices? :psyduck: :wtc:

"Welp, there are no more jobs we can possibly get in America. Better give up now and resign myself to living in a country with even less opportunity and no meaningful way for me or my children to get ahead in life here."

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

on the left posted:

I've always regretted that the US didn't have favelas and shantytowns in its major metropolitan areas. We could finally have the kind of inequality that would make Brazil say "At least we aren't America unequal"

Shanty towns and favelas are a symptom of severe income inequality, not immigration.

Again, your ignorance is showing. It's embarrassing.

And no, income inequality and immigration are not, in fact, one and the same. Apples and oranges, etc.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

SedanChair posted:

Our numbers will look bad? Oh no, the boss is gonna be pissed, our metrics are way down!

Real answer: more workers will mean more business. The economy will grow.

Silly SedanChair, don't you know illegals are just sacks of miasma and pestilence made flesh? We need to ENFORCE THE LAW Judge Dredd-style to protect ourselves!

People seriously believe that migrants are the equivalent of the rotting carcasses launched into castles during wars just prior to the spread of the Bubonic Plague in the medieval era. If you don't believe me, just listen to the people protesting and screaming at the buses of undocumented kids in the news recently.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jul 17, 2014

• Locked thread