Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Talmonis posted:

Perhaps those places should pay a proper wage, instead of relying on the desperate and afraid. Yes prices would go up, but they should go up. Subsidies should be shifted from corn and tobacco to more nutritious crops (never going to happen of course, like the rest of this).

Women tend to work in America unless you're rich enough to live on a single income and have kids, or destitute enough to warrant welfare. Ideally, we aren't immigrating people who can't contribute to society. Workers, no matter how "unskilled" contribute to society just fine, before someone thinks I'm being some kind of monster.

Children go to school in whatever local district they're in. Breaking up families is inhuman.

It may not be feasible, but nothing is in the current climate of jingoist hatred and nativism.

If we had the political capital to accomplish any of this, we could just remove all restrictions on immigration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

on the left posted:

Part of my family are illegal immigrants to the US, and they really should be deported. That the US hasn't done so is a mark against the immigration enforcement system.

Let's deport their employers instead.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

on the left posted:

If the US stays about as rich as it is now, but imports a ton of poor people, what do you think will happen, mathematically speaking?

Our numbers will look bad? Oh no, the boss is gonna be pissed, our metrics are way down!

Real answer: more workers will mean more business. The economy will grow.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

on the left posted:

I guess it's alright then if labor laws are basically a suggestion. I'll definitely be able to find some people willing to work for a dollar an hour.

Like I said, let's deport employers who break the law.

• Locked thread