Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

I ended up playing this for about four hours last night, also unlocked the Ghost Monk but not from beating the Warlock so no idea how he actually unlocks, also you can unlock and play as any of the enemies which led to me playing as a weird lady wearing fake wings with no arms and what looked like a stuck on beak who could only really kick by flailing her legs around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Hakkesshu posted:

I got down to like 90 hit points and suddenly this weird spooky music started playing and a man in a straw hat floated in from off-screen and just started hovering around without doing anything until I killed him.

What the gently caress is this game??

When he does decide to fight you he can be a real dick, I've only met him twice now and the first time he did nothing but the second he was real mad.

Also regarding the red skeleton version mini-boss characters, you can grab them like a normal enemy and play as them, they're called nightmare versions and they're pretty rad.

What he said..

Hakkesshu posted:

From the developers, level requirements for the boss characters:

-Nightmare Katrien: 30
-Nightmare GhostMonk: 32
-Nightmare Pincoya: 34
-Demon Violinist (Paganini): 37
-King Demon: 40
-Gryphon (Living Creature): 45
-Warlock: 60

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Just beat it on Nightmare mode, much more tense and the AI are real dicks now, feels like a much better game.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Jimbot posted:

Yeah, that's how I usually win fights but it feels like I'm not playing the game how it was designed. With other characters I'm chaining together attacks and specials and getting big combos but with her I'm just pecking at enemies until they keel over and it's pretty boring. I was kind of hoping she was like the other characters but with super long range and really elaborate, flashy attacks that leave you exposed if you do them halfheartedly.

Her specials are pretty much that, she has an enormous ranged jumping kick and a great infinite spinning staff move, I actually find the opposite that she's actually way easier to chain stuff together, especially with her launching standard attack.

• Locked thread