Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

Condolences on losing pokemon red.

legendaries are shuffled into the random battle areas so yeah, no, chances are i will find a mewtwo in viridian forest or something and i will steam roll the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

frank horrigan is a level 4 arbok.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Pillowswine is solid. You'll lead a good life qnqnx

Soral
May 30, 2009

i dont know when or even if i would be able to catch a grumpig so i settled for a different pig pokemon

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Here's where I left off, Frank is a useless Electrike.

Also Latex demolished Brawly for me

I also went ahead and gave him a Rare Candy that I got from my dead zigzagoon and evolved him

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

fronz posted:

Pillowswine is solid. You'll lead a good life qnqnx

Too bad that no Mamoswine

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Alright I'm gonna play it straight here: poo poo's gonna get really fuckin real here at Wattson. I have to kind of work around his level 23 Magneton and I don't have a lot of options. Canned Bread can hit him with Rock Smash but I doubt he can take two Shock Waves. I caught a Roselia and I'm gonna get him to when he learns Leech Seed so at least I have that option as well. I should;ve started with mudkip.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
put me in first and then switch me out for my friend sid so i can soak up exp and then i'll bite the magneton to death

i think i learn bite. i don't remember.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

mabels big day posted:

Odds are everyone on this page will be tentacools.

i would be cool with this

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Alright, here's my team going into Wattson:

The plan is to use Roselia to paralyze and leech seed magnemite/magneton and then just beat them out through attrition.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Alright, here's my team going into Wattson:

The plan is to use Roselia to paralyze and leech seed magnemite/magneton and then just beat them out through attrition.

my plan worked perfectly

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
you're gonna have to play it a little more fast n' loose for some real action and attrition imo

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I remembered Wattson being way bigger of a brick wall than he actually was, I guess I just outsmarted him. I still have Flannery's Torkoal to look forward to though.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
flannerys torkoal isnt bad if you realize that overheat is its only fire move and it only has 5 pp. if you can stall it out you should be ok.

also make me a pokemon. i wish to die.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Am I a monstrous pocket yet?

Soral
May 30, 2009

i just whipped garys rear end. his second pokemon is makuhita

Soral
May 30, 2009

surc posted:

Am I a monstrous pocket yet?

yes youre a squirtle in my uninvited, knock off version of this thread

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'll follow you to hell, sir

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Soral posted:

frank horrigan is a level 4 arbok.

Nooo, nobody ever uses arbok :(

Soral
May 30, 2009

i can confirm that frank is already boxed until someone else bites the dust

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
mabelsbigD :pervert:

Soral
May 30, 2009

im sorry to say that mabelsbigD has been brutally murdered by a bugcatcher's igglybuff in viridian forest

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
RIP in peace mabel

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

SombereroLad posted:

RIP in peace mabel

Soral
May 30, 2009

beat brock with this team. he was bragging about how great rock type pokemon are and then sent out a pikachu. also HeyCrap the mareep is dead as gently caress.

Soral
May 30, 2009

also i forgot to scramble the tms i guess so i just got boring old rock tomb from brock

e:

this brings my teams starter count up to 2

Soral fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 17, 2014

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

mabels big day posted:

my plan worked perfectly

:cool:

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

Soral posted:

i just whipped garys rear end. his second pokemon is makuhita

Hell yeah im a koffing, I hope I make it long enough to get my headmate. Poison lyfe.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
my poochyena has a secret and i can't say what it is or it will go away

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Soral posted:

also i forgot to scramble the tms i guess so i just got boring old rock tomb from brock

e:

this brings my teams starter count up to 2

Chikorita is the lamest starter

Sephuran
Nov 12, 2011

Put me in coach. I'm 'illin for a killin'.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I'm hip.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Soral posted:

beat brock with this team. he was bragging about how great rock type pokemon are and then sent out a pikachu. also HeyCrap the mareep is dead as gently caress.

woah! i see me! but what pokemon am i? i cant quite tell

Soral
May 30, 2009

youre a ledian. basically goro from mortal kombat if he was a gay bug

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
loving sweet. goro is cool and gay bugs are cool as ice.

Soral
May 30, 2009

also the man who normally sells you a magikarp for 500 bucks was instead selling seakings

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
put me on the team

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
it's a right shame that i'm a female kirila, and also this isn't gen 4, so no gallade

but gardevoir is pretty solid

Soral
May 30, 2009

i just fought gary again so heres a totally sweet ~pokeman status update~

current team going into misty after i spend some bux on potions to heal up. the protagonist brings my team's starter count up to 3 and also i found milotic in some tall grass. no new deaths yet but i have no idea what types misty will have so i might get hosed due to my super uneven type coverage. gary has already dropped makuhita from his team replaced it with machop and magby (i dont know what pokemon this is other than that its fire type) and slugma. also his dratini has evolved already and finally has a damaging move that isnt wrap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I got to Fallarbor, which is the town with all the volcanic ash. I caught a sandshrew (VideoViddyGames) but she's in the box right now. Sword-man was right, he is a very powerful pokemon.

• Locked thread