Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

xxEightxx posted:

Crafted chamber recipes are gone, fyi, might want to hang on to them and use sparingly. I couldn't find it last night and just saw a redpost about it. Major bummer, thankfully I have hundreds stockpiled.
Are they gone for good? I saw a ton of locked recipes in the printer for all sorts of new chamber types. Do you have a link to the post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/cant-craft-chambers-anymore.4182321/

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
That reminds me, I need to farm BWA for some more of those amazing Necro weapons and hope I get a few secondaries like my beloved Burst Rifle. I hope they're still prenerf.

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."
Stupid question: how do I equip/buy a perk?

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

kidRiot posted:

Garage Perk Button, I believe they are level based unlocks per frame now?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

kidRiot posted:

You start earning perk points at level 10. The OP describes perks briefly. Once you get points, go to a battleframe garage and click the Perks tab. Then click the Edit Perks button.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Keru posted:

Alright, I'll give this another go. Running around as SunTzulander.
Okay, I just have to throw this out there, the name reminds me of 'Bots Master' from the early 90's, "Ziv Zulander". The 90's were definitely an interesting time.

JonusRockweller fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 17, 2014

Jonatir
Apr 9, 2010
Pretty different from the last time I logged in, kinda glad I didn't focus on crafting right before I took a long break.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Jonatir posted:

Pretty different from the last time I logged in, kinda glad I didn't focus on crafting right before I took a long break.

Is anyone else going firecat first for research? Now that we can trade items, was wondering if we should coordinate research\manufacture?

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Seeing as all research takes 20 seconds, are they going to reset research come launch day?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

xxEightxx posted:

Is anyone else going firecat first for research? Now that we can trade items, was wondering if we should coordinate research\manufacture?

We should probably keep it in the OP or something.

I've got purple level 40 in Bio-Crossbows, Recluse Abilities, and Air Sprint Cores. Probably doing Biotech HKMs, Dragonfly abilities and Bio-Rifles next if nobody else is going for those.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

chestnut santabag posted:

Seeing as all research takes 20 seconds, are they going to reset research come launch day?

That will only happen until your time pool is exhausted. All the time you put into the system before was kept so you have a huge pool of time that is being put toward research. Once that is gone the actual times will start applying.

So no not going to wipe it.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

JonusRockweller posted:

Okay, I just have to throw this out there, the name reminds me of 'Bots Master' from the early 90's, "Ziv Zulander". The 90's were definitely an interesting time.

I have no idea what any of that means, it's literally just a dumb pun name of Sun Tzu and Zoolander.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
http://www.firefallthegame.com/news/firefall-live-airs-this-friday-with-more-giveaways-special-guest-and-live-q-a

Q&A tomorrow at 1pm Eastern, they are giving away a couple of the $30 packs and one $100 pack but it will be a type in a given keyword type so only able to win if you actually watch.

Link for the Red 5 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/r5studios

I really hope they fix Ares missions spawning soon, running between the ones at Shanty town was the best but now with the spawns so few and far between my drive to grind has gone down quite a bit. Really need to join Goons to find people to play with.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Sphrin posted:

http://www.firefallthegame.com/news/firefall-live-airs-this-friday-with-more-giveaways-special-guest-and-live-q-a

Q&A tomorrow at 1pm Eastern, they are giving away a couple of the $30 packs and one $100 pack but it will be a type in a given keyword type so only able to win if you actually watch.

Link for the Red 5 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/r5studios

I really hope they fix Ares missions spawning soon, running between the ones at Shanty town was the best but now with the spawns so few and far between my drive to grind has gone down quite a bit. Really need to join Goons to find people to play with.

There's a level 33-34 Ares mission that respawns around 20-30 seconds after it's finished in Sertao. Just west of The Nest. It's even got a mostly fantastic layout with a shortcut right to the end room from the first room. Look for a hole you can drop down with a jump pad at the bottom. Downside? If the mission rolls a group bomb you are hosed. Chosen density gets absurd and the layout is really long if you're not taking the shortcut.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Totally forgot about this game. Applied to the guild as Bombogenesis because :effort:

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Is Broken Peninsula a ghost town right now? I've joined a few times and haven't gotten assigned to a team or anything.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

MadHat posted:

So no not going to wipe it probably

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Cheston posted:

Is Broken Peninsula a ghost town right now? I've joined a few times and haven't gotten assigned to a team or anything.

I think most of the players who want to do it are hanging out in Devil's Tusk getting geared up and working towards the push-back.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Cheston posted:

We should probably keep it in the OP or something.

I've got purple level 40 in Bio-Crossbows, Recluse Abilities, and Air Sprint Cores. Probably doing Biotech HKMs, Dragonfly abilities and Bio-Rifles next if nobody else is going for those.

I've got all modules across the top and down the right. Also have firecat abilities and secondary weapons. Waiting to see what to do next though. I'll probably research raptor next.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

precedence posted:

I've got all modules

Hello, new best friend.

Inimicul posted:

I think most of the players who want to do it are hanging out in Devil's Tusk getting geared up and working towards the push-back.

Bah, Peninsula is supposed to have all of The Best Resources :(

Cai
Apr 15, 2006
Dongs Dongs Dongs
Applied to Army as KeanuReeves.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Cheston posted:

You do get assigned to a team but you don't get teamed up. I've seen other friendly players but few and far between. Same goes for enemies though, barely anyone there.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Are hoverpads still available? I want to get me one of those, but there's no sign of 'em on the market.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
The market is still filling up as people try to figure it out. If you're wanting a permanent one, it may be quite a wait but I keep getting them from copper vending tokens so at least the single use versions are plentiful. In the mean time, I'm dumping things on the market while I have 16 slots and no fucks to give.

Cheston posted:

Bah, Peninsula is supposed to have all of The Best Resources :(

I hope that's true. I want to go check it out. I need titanium and uranium for crafting but I'm not finding any in DT yet until it gets pushed back. I have enough tungsten to choke a camel though.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
You should do Tornadoes, those give you a lot of everything. Also I really don't have a problem finding Titanium, that stuff is everywhere but I haven't even seen Uranium yet. And I've been looking.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Inimicul posted:

The market is still filling up as people try to figure it out. If you're wanting a permanent one, it may be quite a wait but I keep getting them from copper vending tokens so at least the single use versions are plentiful. In the mean time, I'm dumping things on the market while I have 16 slots and no fucks to give.
Are you sure you mean hoverpads and not glider pads? I've never seen a one-time use hoverpad, and I've already got a permanent glider pad.

Regardless, I have to say this new market is a pretty awesome improvement.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Looks like Red5 just pushed a new hotfix. And it breaks your ability to log into the game. If you log out, don't expect to get back in.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Inimicul posted:

I hope that's true. I want to go check it out. I need titanium and uranium for crafting but I'm not finding any in DT yet until it gets pushed back. I have enough tungsten to choke a camel though.

Titanium spawns all over in Sertao. Uranium does not. Supposedly uranium will only spawn in the level 40 biomes in Devil's Tusk. Which is kind of odd because titanium spawns wherever the gently caress it wants in Sertao.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Oh good, I thought it was just me unable to log in until I checked the official forums. Looks like it's going to be one of those nights. Oh well. I probably would have wound up thumping in Sertao for some titanium after we did the missions.

I'm really excited to run the new missions with you assholes. I hope things settle down soon so we can get everyone caught up and start doing it. Power Grab is minimum level 18, Risky Business is 21, and BWA is now 24. If you're close to 24 make sure you do the first 5 storyline missions so we can get you through the others. The loot in BWA is amazing for its level.

Eggnogspecial
Feb 25, 2006

'tis the season.
I just send an application to the army as Hraldir.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Applied to the army as Monolm

Literal Hamster
Mar 11, 2012

YOSPOS
Applied with my forum username.

Are there still addons around that track your turrets for you?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Daysvala posted:

Applied with my forum username.

Are there still addons around that track your turrets for you?

Good news! It's now built into the default UI so you have a little readout of how many turrets you have up and how damaged they are.

Bad news... They last 120 seconds by default and are more fragile than before.

Bottom line: If your turret(s) aren't on cooldown, it's time to place another.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Inimicul posted:

Good news! It's now built into the default UI so you have a little readout of how many turrets you have up and how damaged they are.

Bad news... They last 120 seconds by default and are more fragile than before.

Bottom line: If your turret(s) aren't on cooldown, it's time to place another.

Exactly this. I don't think the addons have been adapted yet since the one I have still shows the old timer of 30/10 minutes but it has a bar for every turret so it may be worth getting anyway. Search for deployable helper on the forums.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

If anyone else is coordinating what to research, I've thrown mine into Nighthawk Sniper Rifles, so I have level 40 epic ones ready to rock!

But of course this requires uranium so.... that might be a while yet getting produced!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I plan on researching Arsenal stuff because this frame owns.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

CLAM DOWN posted:

I plan on researching Arsenal stuff because this frame owns.
I really love the Arsenal too, but man, I really hate that Combat Shotgun ability. So useless.

For the record, I have everything in the General tree researched, I have uncommon weapon modules for level 27+, and the Tigerclaw Fusion cannon (level 40 epic).

I'm working on uncommon ability modules for level 27+ right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nalin posted:

I really love the Arsenal too, but man, I really hate that Combat Shotgun ability. So useless.

Yeah, it's subpar. I'm only like level 8 now so not sure if I'll replace it with something else? The AoE long-range laser gun ability is the loving best, it's so badass and fun and good.

• Locked thread