Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Lazer Monkey posted:

I miss meld thumping..

The whole choose your own adventure style of quest design they had going at one point was pretty cool, Meld thumping with the Timed Curtain Push back being the best example. just another road half taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
It looks like Firefall might actually be finally dead. The website has gone completely offline.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Nalin posted:

It looks like Firefall might actually be finally dead. The website has gone completely offline.

Rip the game that should have been.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

RIP Firefall, RIP my red beans

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
What a shame. It was a good game (during beta). What a rotten way to die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09vVF-Hvykg

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
RIP another Sci Fi MMO attempt.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
good

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i like how they didn't even bother to tell people they were shutting it down

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
It's back up. What is dead may never die.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I don't think I ever spent my red beans from the commander pack way the gently caress back in the day. That stupid beanie is still kicking around somewhere...

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
http://www.firefall.com/news/firefall-and-its-future

quote:

Additionally we are working to bring the IP to other platforms such as Playstation 4 and mobile.

I mean they have said and done a lot of dumb poo poo but not gonna lie, I want to see them port the game to mobile because that's possibly the worst idea they ever had. Yes I know it just says IP.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Firefall match 3

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
If they're not insane, mobile will be like a companion app like Warframe's so you can manage stuff you're crafting and poo poo like that (crafting still exists in this game, right?) Or maybe some weird minigame thing like the Division with the UAV assuming that made it into the game.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Ville Valo posted:

It's back up. What is dead may never die.

Apparently even though they brought it back up, nothing works. Password resets are broken. Missions don't work. Wandering encounters don't spawn. Sertao and Devil's Tusk are unavailable.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

RosaParksOfDip posted:

If they're not insane, mobile will be like a companion app like Warframe's so you can manage stuff you're crafting and poo poo like that

That would have been amazing and it was an oft requested feature that web apps tried to do but kept getting broken.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

(crafting still exists in this game, right?)

Not in many many moons.

Edit;

Nalin posted:

Apparently even though they brought it back up, nothing works. Password resets are broken. Missions don't work. Wandering encounters don't spawn. Sertao and Devil's Tusk are unavailable.

If they disabled combat entirely but somehow managed to make thunder bumping a thing again I just might reinstall.

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 31, 2016

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Mercury_Storm posted:

What a shame. It was a good game (during beta). What a rotten way to die.
I wasn't aware it ever left beta, or even alpha.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
At some point they just said gently caress it, it's released now but they kept revamping core system every six months or so.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Or maybe some weird minigame thing like the Division with the UAV assuming that made it into the game.

It didn't.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Morglon posted:

At some point they just said gently caress it, it's released now but they kept revamping removing core system every six months or so.

Fixed that for ya.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Morglon posted:

At some point they just said gently caress it, it's released now but they kept revamping core system every six months or so.
:thejoke:

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Porting to console is the best thing that could happen for this game. Do you disagree?

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
I tried the game again and my level 28 assault became a level 1 something. Nice

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Next patch will automatically delete your characters (but not your inventory if you're encumbered) and then uninstall the game every time you launch it.

Best patch since 0.9, imho.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

texting my ex posted:

I tried the game again and my level 28 assault became a level 1 something. Nice

Check out your call-downs. You should have some sort of XP giving item that boosts your character level.

Or just don't log in again. The second option is probably the better of the two.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
You should have been given the choice to unlock the Tigerclaw or Firecat since your Assault is over level 20. If that didn't happen, you could put in a ticket which will probably never be looked at.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
okay, got the exp boost

but I can't use my weapons / mods with the new class. Great transition, I think I won't try the game again

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

texting my ex posted:

I think I won't try the game again

The only winning move is not to play.

I had an equally bad transition experience. I ended up having to open a ticket to try and get it fixed, and they were just never answered. I ended up just blowing my last red beans on random crap and then logging out for good.

RIP Firefall.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

texting my ex posted:

okay, got the exp boost

but I can't use my weapons / mods with the new class. Great transition, I think I won't try the game again

You should be able to use weapons just fine. Mods got changed. If they are the old style mods, you can salvage them and they turn into new style mods. Try it with a weak one first. The same thing with your old battleframe cores. You can salvage them and most of them turn into a full set of gear.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

Is is finally dead?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
From what I can tell, it still somewhat works. Sometimes servers go down and they can't figure out how to get it working again, though. I clicked into the firefall subreddit once and saw an announcement post that Coral Forest was now partially working again!

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

that post was from 14 days ago, the last whole week login, forums and site have been down..

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Lazer Monkey posted:

that post was from 14 days ago, the last whole week login, forums and site have been down..

and no one has even noticed

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I still hold out hope that someone does a really good job of ripping off what this game was before it launched and we get a new rocket boots game that's fun again.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Inimicul posted:

I still hold out hope that someone does a really good job of ripping off what this game was before it launched and we get a new rocket boots game that's fun again.

Make firefall great again

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

Mark Kern is trying to produce a embarrassingly blatant Firefall ripoff; Em8er, featuring battleframe analogues based on the first line of battleframe concept art, and time-ore, suspiciously similar to crystite ..

Lazer Monkey fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 17, 2016

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Lazer Monkey posted:

The final revamp: out of existence

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Lazer Monkey posted:

Mark Kern is trying to produce a embarrassingly blatant Firefall ripoff; Em8er, featuring battleframe analogues based on the first line of battleframe concept art, and time-ore, suspiciously similar to crystite ..

Lol he even has a THMPR. I mean how but hurt are you when you can't even come up with a new rock mining thingie.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The concept video for Ember (oh I'm sorry EM8ER) is a slow pan up of a skintight lady and a giant robot (RO8OT?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij0AoAC5VsE

Just so we're clear Mark was the one generally responsible for the huge fuckup Firefall turned into right? Or was that someone else and Mark ducked out early before the fire turned into an inferno?

Pierson fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 19, 2016

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
When he was around, the company was run like poo poo and the game was a hodge podge mess but lots of fun. Once he was outed they changed directions again and after several sessions letting new people show up and play the game to get their feedback, it turned into Wildstar Wildstar Without Tab Targeting. Once again, fun was killed by trying to please the brown sea instead of the loyal player base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
The inside scoop, which I don't know if it was ever verified, was he was trying to push things more into a movie/multimedia studio, with a focus on the live action Firefall tie in. His focus on the game was minimal, disruptive, and erratic largely because he wasn't around enough.

• Locked thread