Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snaxx
Apr 5, 2009
Just applied to GOONS as Cripes.

How do I get a vehicle besides glider pads now? Should I just buy one for $25?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I play Arsenal pretty exclusively, and swap the Shoulder Rockets for the Mortar from Dreadnaught. Combat Shotgun's not the best, but it's passable - I haven't found something I prefer in my 1 slot.

I'm crafting LMGs and Dreadnaught HKMs. :)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Do you have to get to a certain level to see chat or something? I can't seem to find anything in options to that effect, but I haven't seen a single person saying anything. The chat window is there, but only system messages appear.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

Do you have to get to a certain level to see chat or something? I can't seem to find anything in options to that effect, but I haven't seen a single person saying anything. The chat window is there, but only system messages appear.

Definitely not, possibly a chat server problem, or interface misconfiguration causing channels to be hidden? Are you in the right tab at the bottom? Enter mouse mode and change tab, if you're not.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
The Mammoth is just so great oh my god. Working my way up through Plasma MGs right now. And some secondary weapons, too.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

Bombogenesis posted:

The Mammoth is just so great oh my god. Working my way up through Plasma MGs right now. And some secondary weapons, too.

Leveling my mammoth right now as well and still really like it. Definitely going to be playing mammoth for a while.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Definitely not, possibly a chat server problem, or interface misconfiguration causing channels to be hidden? Are you in the right tab at the bottom? Enter mouse mode and change tab, if you're not.

I've checked all the tabs, yes. It was like this when I first logged in last night and there has been no change today.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I like the Mammoth but tend to swap out a couple of defensive abilities for Explosive Rounds because that skill is just bangin'.

The game is way better now that things have settled down and make sense.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yeah, it's subpar. I'm only like level 8 now so not sure if I'll replace it with something else? The AoE long-range laser gun ability is the loving best, it's so badass and fun and good.
I decided to test to see if the Dreadnaught Explosive Rounds worked with the LMG now, and it does! So I replaced my Combat Shotgun with Explosive Rounds and it is the best decision I ever made.

superblotto
Jul 3, 2009
Confused as hell as what to do low levels then just do jobs? Last I played this game you just thumped things until you got bored and logged out. The game seems a lot more fun but a bit odd still, I was expecting more group based combat.
In any event applied to the army as Superblotto

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Do we have a firefall google spreadsheet or anything that we can track manufacturing with?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

xxEightxx posted:

Do we have a firefall google spreadsheet or anything that we can track manufacturing with?
Nope. Go ahead and make one if you want. You should list all the items possible to research and let people put their name under each one they have access to. Eventually, in a few weeks, I can migrate it to a visual web-app where you can explore the research tree and see who has access to what.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nalin posted:

I decided to test to see if the Dreadnaught Explosive Rounds worked with the LMG now, and it does! So I replaced my Combat Shotgun with Explosive Rounds and it is the best decision I ever made.

gently caress yes! If I remember right, can't advanced frames generally use abilities from the Accord from they're based off of? Was the LMG not working with that a specific issue?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

CLAM DOWN posted:

gently caress yes! If I remember right, can't advanced frames generally use abilities from the Accord from they're based off of? Was the LMG not working with that a specific issue?
Yes, the "advanced" frames can use the weapons and abilities of the base frames. Explosion Rounds used to only work with the standard Dread Heavy Machine Gun.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Nalin posted:

Nope. Go ahead and make one if you want. You should list all the items possible to research and let people put their name under each one they have access to. Eventually, in a few weeks, I can migrate it to a visual web-app where you can explore the research tree and see who has access to what.

Is trading friends only, or friends and army?

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

xxEightxx posted:

Is trading friends only, or friends and army?

friends only, i believe is all we have heard.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Nalin posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18iI0GEn3MjQbbZs7wxxO6RdeiUYh2QuJQmDgmqkiOGA/edit?pli=1#gid=0

I don't know if were interested in lvl 6-39 stuff?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I think we should be, the majority of people are either going to be new to the game or levelling alt frames, I think it's useful. Maybe just blue and above?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

CLAM DOWN posted:

I think we should be, the majority of people are either going to be new to the game or levelling alt frames, I think it's useful. Maybe just blue and above?

I'm pretty sure most people leveling are just going to use gear they pick up or buy with vouchers. No reason not to have some mid-range stuff, but as far as avoiding expensive overlap goes I think we only need to track level 40 research.

**I added a column for people currently working to max a specific L40 research (so that there's no overlap there, either), and another for people to put any lower-level research (blue and above) that they have. That should cover everything.

Ralith posted:

Are hoverpads still available? I want to get me one of those, but there's no sign of 'em on the market.

There's one on the market right now for 10,000 credits, or about 55 red beans. I doubt one'll go lower.

Cheston fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 19, 2014

sirotocus
Sep 26, 2004
Coming back to check this out, haven't played since around when they removed PVP. Applied to the army as sirotocus.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Looking through this thread I just realized how many of you I know from STO launch. :V

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

So I'm trying to play this after not playing it for like 2 years but is there a bug with the tutorial that just stops working when you have to equip your frame? I have no quests and can't leave the small little area.

edit: apparently my frames had outleveled the tutorial mission and wouldnt auto start..

randombattle fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 19, 2014

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

I've checked all the tabs, yes. It was like this when I first logged in last night and there has been no change today.

http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/no-chat.4199621/page-2#post-65028621

You're not alone in the issue. Perhaps you can find help there.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Inimicul posted:

Looking through this thread I just realized how many of you I know from STO launch. :V

Another game that was ruined by Branflakes

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Chat problems are most definitely related to the Steam client. See, when logging into the chat server, your username is your character's name and the password is a value that is generated using your e-mail address and your account password. When you link your account to Steam and start the game, it gets a special login token from Steam and uses that to authenticate your account. If it is working correctly, you will skip the login screen entirely and you should start at the character select screen. Naturally, the game won't know your e-mail and password to generate the password to send to the chat server, so it must be generating your password with the token it got from Steam. Chat server authentication issues seem to be happening when the server expects your password to be based off your e-mail/password, but gets a password based off your Steam token.

When you start the game, try clicking the "Log Out" button, then logging in with your e-mail/password. See if that fixes it.

WildZeo
Feb 28, 2011

Just applied to GOONS same username as here.

I haven't played this game in ages, I'm really liking the changes so far though.

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.
Played a little last night with my buddy Santa got into the Goon guild with no issues and am having a really good time. It's hard to put into words but the game feels more like a 'game' now and less like a tech demo to me.

I like that Thumping isn't the end all be all of gameplay now and is just a cool way to get ore in an MMO. The job board has been much better than I thought it would be thus far(thought it would be like SWG's uninspired system), but have only done a handful of them so I hope it keeps up. The crafting is definitely less complicated, which I know some people weren't happy with, but it seems pretty robust to me and I'm very happy with the change.

All in all having a blast playing my Dragonfly for the first 7 levels. I hope they keep pumping out the content, a Wildstar like 1 month content drop cycle would do wonders for this game I think.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

applied as "monowhatever" to goons.

so pumped to see this game back on it's feet again after getting rid of that shity ceo

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
If anyone with a frame they haven't maxed is close to level 39, let me know. There may still be a bug that relogging after hitting 39 dings you to 40. I'm looking for someone who can verify whether that does or does not still happen.

Chompers
Jun 29, 2006
Just tried the game after taking a year break and the changes are pretty fantastic. The UI especially just seems to make sense now.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Inimicul posted:

If anyone with a frame they haven't maxed is close to level 39, let me know. There may still be a bug that relogging after hitting 39 dings you to 40. I'm looking for someone who can verify whether that does or does not still happen.

I just got my recluse to 39 like 2 hours ago..... and while typing this it glitched to 40....

Also, it seems like the fastest way to level is to do high level missions and then just switch frames before it finishes. you just have to have a frame that's 40 already.

precedence fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 19, 2014

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Cheston posted:

There's one on the market right now for 10,000 credits, or about 55 red beans. I doubt one'll go lower.

I missed it :negative:

Time to register a persistent buy order, I suppose.

Now I'm getting this problem too, though it was working fine for me last night (with the Steam client). Logging out and entering my password and logging back in again didn't help. We need to set up a mumble server or something so our comms don't rely on their janky infrastructure.

Ralith fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 19, 2014

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Ralith posted:

Now I'm getting this problem too, though it was working fine for me last night (with the Steam client). Logging out and entering my password and logging back in again didn't help. We need to set up a mumble server or something so our comms don't rely on their janky infrastructure.

They just took the chat servers down about an hour ago to work on this issue. Perhaps that's it?

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
On launch day (July 29th) my account will be 3 years old. I had forgotten about this game! I was majorly bummed when PVE quests were removed and the focus went to PVP eSports only, but I stuck around for a while and got to experience the slideshow that was the anniversary celebration/red bean unveil. I lost interest shortly after that. I wish I had saved my screenshots of the event when I reinstalled Windows.

This game looks to have turned around considerably. I am thrilled to see PVE missions are back, and shocked to see that there was ever a time that PVP got scrapped.

Kudos to Red5 for recovering post-Mark. The game looks and performs great!

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Inimicul posted:

They just took the chat servers down about an hour ago to work on this issue. Perhaps that's it?
I suppose so, Looks like it's back up now anyway.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
Just applied to Goon Squad as NotDracula.

I logged in to 800 beans because the Escapist and Warcry were running a big promotion back before the CEO was fired and I started my PhD program.

If I remember right, it ended up being a nightmare. But hey, I won't say no to beans!

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
So I logged back in after a long time and I'm happy they done away with the degrading repair pool and the inability to send people stuff directly and having to go through the public market, hoping nobody snatches the stuff away you want to give to buddies.

With that in mind I got a few gameplay relevant unlocks sitting in my inventory to give away to goons in need:

2 x "packet Quicksilver Glider Pad"
2 x "packed Copacabana Personal Arcporter"

plus a selection of Body Visual unlocks:
1 x "Model 5 Tech Helmet"
2 x "Samurai Helmet"
2 x "Purple Sunglasses"
1 x "Eye Shields"
2 x "Astrek Monocle"
4 x "Crystite Earings"

Also some pets:
2 x "Top Leash"
1 x "Nanu Tiki Pet"

Edit: give-away on hold until mail attachmnts are enabled. Sorry to get your hopes up.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 19, 2014

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Feindfeuer posted:

plus a selection of Body Visual unlocks:
1 x "Model 5 Tech Helmet"

Oh gently caress yes, Arus would love this please, can you mail items now too?? Thanks!

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
You can rightclick on everything in your inventory and select 'send per mail' or something. So I assumed that would work. But it turns out it's disabled at the moment:

Sorry. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Well gently caress, keep me in mind when they fix em! Thanks man.

• Locked thread