Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

The game is a delightful improvement on what it was prior in most ways, so far.
Lack of breakage, interface and streamlining for the progression and a whole lot of goodies.

I'm most put off by the change to glider pads - the new shared cooldown feels like a punch in the dick, especially for those of us that may have gone out of the way to collect separate gliders FOR A REASON.

Now there's a single (that I know of) glider that lowers the 2 minute cooldown by 3 (amazing!) seconds. Perhaps there will be more - but it feels like an anemic reward for the investments made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

If anyone else is coordinating what to research, I've thrown mine into Nighthawk Sniper Rifles, so I have level 40 epic ones ready to rock!

But of course this requires uranium so.... that might be a while yet getting produced!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

So how does the Baneclaw event work now?
I've been out of the loop so long I'm pretty sure the old items used to summon him are no longer a thing, are they?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

xxEightxx posted:

I was speaking specifically about the chosen thumper spawning up in DT. There were probably two full platoons of people running it at all levels, so I am sure they were getting something from it. I loaded up my level 2 and got like 4k experience or something low, then switched to my 31 bastion and got 49kish (founder\vip)? I do not math so maybe I was off; although the exp was not the same, it appeared to be proportionally equal.

And as a side note. Doing donuts in the mpv on top of chosen and bug spawns is one of the most fun times I've had in a long time. Some of the bigger spawns do not get run over, they get pushed, so you hit them at full speed and ram into a wall and watch them go splat.

Try playing yourself some Claw Soccer.

Take your MGV and punt a rageclaw around. At level 40ish it does about 1500 a hit, so you have to ram the fatty about 20 times to kill him - but it is hilarious! Especially when the kill-shot sends that body flying over the horizon.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I got 193... and immediately threw them into gold tokens.

I did roll black cats paint, and a portable garage, though!

That said - is anyone else also getting those insane random lag spikes? Like normal play and then all of a sudden 800 ping rubberbanding city?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Random lovely screencap of my favourite area so far - north Sertao, to be precise.

Shame the hud clutter gets captured too - and this is hardly optimal settings - but the view was too pretty to pass up!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

How does one craft hybrid color ability modules?

I had assumed that researching two of the constituent colours would allow me to make them... but no dice.

Im trying to make orange mods, but to no avail. I can only do yellow and red.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Fina posted:

I don't think you can craft them, you'll have to find them, buy them from traders, or buy them on the marketplace.

I hope this is rectified, then.
Not being able to craft more than half of the viable mods is a bit of a punch in the dick.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

SamEyeAm posted:

After debating which advanced frame to unlock first I went with the Firecat, and I must say I'm a bit disappointed when compared to the base assault. I feel like I take a lot more damage with this play style but don't really dish out any more. The splash increase with the thermal cannon is negligible, at least starting out. Immolate is handy for trash mobs but the higher hp enemies hurt more when I'm in immolate range. Also, the secondary fire on the thermal cannon doesn't seem to activate the passive Firecat ability as advertised (catching enemies on fire for DoT damage). I am only level 10 with the Firecat so far, and I will stick with it. These are just my initial thoughts.

The Firecat is one of those frames that really picks up speed around level 30, and once you hit 40 and get properly geared out, you are an unstoppable monster of fire spewing death that -never has to touch the ground ever again-.
Yes. You can fly forever.

The secondary fire works best fired downwards, so that the shots explode rather than deflect. Bear in mind, secondary does significantly higher DPS than just spamming your primary. Use primary on groups, or at long distance if you don't trust your aim with the secondary fire/the angle does not suit.

My suggested skills for the cat are:

Thermal wave - Excellent crowd-clearing, interrupt, knockback, high damage and a great finisher.
Burn Jets - Firecat loves having a vertical advantage on enemies, this gives you advantage plus burning things beneath you - also part of the Travelcat/infinity flight.
Inferno Dash - This is both for mobility and decent damage - excellent for grabbing aggro, as mobs will tend to flock after you and into the flames when hit. Also part of Travelcat and infinite flying.

Travelcat, as has been mentioned, uses the Afterburner skill in place of Thermal Wave, giving you 2 mobility boosts. Combine these with burn jets to fly upwards, vertically, for something approaching 100-200 meters at a time. Do this while gliding and you can cross most zones in no time.

INVEST IN COOLDOWN. Drop the 2-3K Market credits to buy yourself 4 epic quality 'cooled' modules, of whatever level you can use. With enough cooldown, you can keep yourself flying indefinitely by chaining the cooldown on Inferno Dash and Burn Jets while spewing fire on all beneath you.

I also highly recommend the Energy Core - the added jet fuel keeps you flying longer, which helps feed into the Cat's love for showering fire on everything else.

Again - you will probably feel that your damage is a little lacklustre until later levels, where you suddenly start annihilating enemies in a massive area in 2-3 hits. Use burn jets effectively to cluster your enemies beneath you as they try to chase, and just shoot downwards for maximum doom harvest.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 5, 2014

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

FlyCat

Energy core, Burn Jets and Inferno Dash.

Fly forever.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

AirborneNinja posted:

The old Electron was a fantastic AoE making GBS threads death god. You had Boomerang, EMP Grenade which works like the shield does now except it drops new Electrons HKM instead of a pansy shield, then you had Salvo Proxy, which is the Arsenals HKM as a regular ability.

Speak not of the glory days when Electron was a real class.

Also had the loving Shock Rifle with combo and all from Unreal Tournament.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

If anyone is interested in buying an Omnidine LGV from me, I'm willing to part with the thing for 5k credits or something else nice (I.e. a 40 module or perhaps Nightmare/Celestial warpaint).

I'm not overly attached to the bike and have already doled out 3 to my most needful friends, so this is yet another spare!

Dobe in game!

---EDIT: And sold already!

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 7, 2014

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Who else has noticed the terrible R5 math where some of these passive perks are concerned?
The 'chance to proc' passives are what I am looking at - and they are loving terrible!
Maybe there is some hidden internal cooldown?
The firecat 'corpse combustion' is disgustingly bad right now. 25% chance to ignite enemies killed? Sounds good!
In practice you're lucky to proc the thing 10% of the time.
I clear 5 hisser houses (about 30 enemies) and see it go off twice.
Not to mention the radius and damage of the ability is laughable.
The nighthawk 10% chance to proc 50% fire rate is awesome - but for anyone other than said recon.
It wrecks faces installed in a dread, for example, but for your nighthawk it is mostly worthless.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

So far as I can tell, the Melding tornado zones are based on which world map you enter from.
The Coral Forest one is the most straightforward - a slowly-shrinking bubble where you collect loot, and have to climb to an exit above.
The Sertao one is a longer sort of 'race' along ruined roadway, while a bubble of melding coaxes you along, picking up resources as they spawn, working towards an exit at the end.
The Devils Tusk instance is a larger, slowly-moving bubble that forces you to stay inside it, while moving over some large outdoor ravines and a poisonous lake inside which resources come showering down. While the lake does damage you, it shouldn't be enough to prevent you sprinting around picking up the majority of the resources there before you exit.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

My biggest gripe with that damned RPG is that it targets you even in stealth or when you are otherwise not on SIN. Never mind that an auto-tracking launcher sort of goes against design of other weapons. Much like that strangely included Spiny Core or whatever it is called sort of operates on magical principles.

The RPG is especially horrifying in the hands of a good sniper or even a dread, or worse when there is a pair of enemies, with one constantly locking on to you, giving the other a bright shiny red target to shoot at.

Souperior was making a pest of himself (as always) tonight, using his Nighthawk and the launcher in tandem.
Lock on with the launcher, and white the red rings of 'shoot here' are still glued to you, snipe the bastard! Especially frustrating since it ignores stealth as mentioned.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Aug 24, 2014

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Zephyrine posted:

I'm currently a Dragonfly healer and it's not working out very well.

People have to move around a lot to mitigate incoming damage. Meanwhile all my heals are delayed area of effect abilities.

If you are trying to make the Fly work in PVP, I've had some success (and seen some monster Dragonflies) that run:
Healing Wave
Healing Pillar -or- Healing Generator
Emergency Response

Wave is your mobile heal/knockback skill - hitting an enemy with wave, or your bio rifle alt-fire, kills all of their momentum and bounces them like a Pyro airblast from TF2.

Pillar works best with coordinated (voice chat) team members, in that you can drop it where you expect them to run, or use it for yourself as a more mobile heal. Generator must be used more carefully, but can be incredibly powerful, especially in defensive situations.

Emergency response for the incredible mobility it provides of course!

Don't neglect your alt-fire. Yes it can be frustrating trying to heal people that move around so much as they do, but with enough mobility of your own - and a run speed core which is more or less required for the fly (perhaps Energy Recharge) - you should be the fastest thing out there.

If you are playing with team-mates, try to designate a 'safe zone' where wounded friends can retreat for your services. On the offensive, abuse the poo poo out of your knockbacks to lock enemies down.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 24, 2014

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Slapping this up here for goons in general, since I dont have a way of easily contacting the second army:

For you Recon players: trying to sell a level 39 epic R36 rifle for you recons.
No, its not -as good- as the level 40 version. A difference of 12 DPS and 1 Power rating.

Poke me in-game or just reply here and I'll let you have the thing at a steep discount (About 6k) vs the market price for these things (about 10-15K).
Hell, make me an interesting enough offer and I'd just trade it off, as I have no use for the thing.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 25, 2014

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Digital_Jesus posted:

I will offer you a steaming hot pile of 500 credits for that bad boy. Hit me up.

That steaming pile is a little more steep than the discount I had in mind!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Carecat posted:

Are cat ears and tech antlers really worth 40-50k credits :stare:

BRB going to sit on my locust chopper with tech antlers, AMD special warpaint and candy stripe body pattern.

The AMD paint is the only one that makes me really bitter to be missing. Since I have all the rest!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

If any of you have played FEAR, it had a giant fuckoff anti-armor cannon weapon in it, and something like that could work perfectly as a dread gun.
Sort of like the giant recoilless mentioned before - though less oriented towards sniping, and more like an anti-aircraft gun.

Relatively slow firing, high damage, medium explosive size with fast projectiles that are unaffected by gravity.
Heck, you could even make them airburst within a certain distance of enemies, or make that the secondary ability - lase for a range, and then all of your projectiles explode at that distance?

Would give the dread some options at higher range, though it might verge into territory the Tigerclaw or even Raptor fill now.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

So was XP in Broken Penis stealth nerfed? Or just some note somewhere that I missed?

It seems like the shared team-XP thing is no longer so viable as it used to be.

Back when I was grinding my Fly up, it was a constant shower of experience from everything people did in the zone, with huge, generous radii for participation in the PVE events to be found. Now my friend had to struggle to be within 'range' for the XP rewards on things.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Personally I would die for Firecat to get a gun that works like the Chosen Elite Juggernaut gun.
That aoe fire splash is the most 'Firecatty' ability in the entire game, and the frame doesn't even get access.

A flamethrower ability would also be perfect. Plenty of burning-poo poo-alive things that haven't been thoroughly explored, and giving them to Dread would be a strange choice.

Dread already murders people at close range - and I think they could do with more ranged option. A missile pod maybe? Like the bike rockets, but guided by a secondary-fire right click? That could be incredible to see, if it fired something like 20 missiles a clip, all chasing your laser pointer and mashing dudes downrange...

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Is HCBWA even capable of dropping the pre-nerf epics?
So far as I've heard, the loot table was changed to include poo poo like green modules at the worst, and now apparently blue necro guns?
Are the epics still available? Is it a matter of grinding for a week to see one drop?
R5 really poo poo the bed on that instance being anything approaching a viable endgame activity. Yes it is farmable, but the weapons are already bind on pickup, and if someone has the dedication to solo that then I say let them. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if they brought back more-regular epic drops, and added something like a 1 day lockout for Necro kills.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

xxEightxx posted:

Is this a bad-night-in-bp post?

Ed: also the problem with snipers isn't that they sit a mile away, it's that they suffer no accuracy penalty for moving, so a skilled NH can one shot hip fire things into oblivion.

Unfortunately hipfiring the sniper rifle is not a viable option, as it is one of the only weapons in the game that suffers from a massive accuracy penalty when you aren't scoped in. It used to fire from the hip with impunity, but that has long since been altered.

That said - you CAN scope in and then enjoy perfect accuracy while running around - albeit at rather drastically reduced range of vision.

Nighthawk and recon in general, as they stand, excel at finishing targets in PVP, and in killing medium-size enemies in PVE. Things like Chosen and Firecats (the animal), Hissers, Bandits - can all be killed with relative impunity, usually in one shot by a well-geared Recon. This allows them to focus on clearing out these mobs (most of which are ranged), while your teammates kill the clustering little guys, and gang up on the really big ones.

The R36 is rather excellent though, and allows the recons to engage targets of all ranges and sizes, albeit while suffering a great amount of their advantage on the PVP side being traded away for ease of use.

Masochist that I am, Nighthawk was my first and only frame levelled fully with the old paid-tier system, and I've suffered long with trying to land headshots on erratic enemies. PVP in Broken Penis does allow for some lovely shenanigans, and as stated, stealth skills are excellent for party-support roles. A lone Recon is asking to be murdered by anything more than one person. Certainly they have their place, though I think more than any other class their positioning and choice of engagement makes or breaks combat entirely. They are fragile, and lack any rapid repositioning skills (i.e. afterburner, emergency response) to make up for being caught off guard or overwhelmed by enemies.

Yes, there are stealth options, but these work best before the Recon has been properly engaged, at which point they are really more of a failsafe-to-retreat, especially so the Decoy. The cooldown on it is prohibitively long, and there are a wealth of skills and weapons that break stealth entirely - the Toxic event launcher being the most prominent now. Not to mention that certain paints/cores, and even SPRINTING will make your Recon visible by way of lights and particle effects.

The key difference there is that other classes have 'mobility' buttons which allow them to adapt to changes in combat, or even to grand advantages in positioning, where the recon stealth abilities serve almost entirely in a 'oh-poo poo gtfo' role to help them survive (sometimes) and perhaps re-engage from a better placement.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

xxEightxx posted:

I don't know if i'm getting hit with aimbots then but I have been utterly annihilated in BP by hip firing NH that are just hopping around and drat near one shotting me.

They are probably sighted in and just running around that way?

In regards to damage:
My NH is sitting at around 800 PR and does not come close to doing the 30-odd thousand damage that it would take to one-shot an equally geared enemy
Headshots, at best, do 22K or thereabouts on my frame, so the top-end would be about 25.
Most frames have 30+ thousand HP at level 40 with 40 gear and decent PR.

At best, Nighthawks hope for a headshot to open a fight, and then a body shot to finish the job.
Body shots do around 9-15K in my experience. This means it takes 3-odd hits to kill someone if you don't get them in the face. For myself, and likely others who are not insane aiming robots, this is actually somewhat difficult to accomplish, doubly so when the enemy is aware of your shooting and making a point of trying to murder you.

To those combating against Nighthawks, be wary of the following:

1) Chasing STRAIGHT after the NH as they run away. Yes, they will run. Running -straight- at them will get you shot! It seems like common sense, but a lot of people take the bee-line to close distance.
2) Don't run STRAIGHT into health pickups. This is a HUGE one, and one that nets me a good many of my kills. When I headshot someone, their first reaction is to run, hide... and then run predictably to the nearest healthpack. I think you can guess how that resolves!
3) If you are shooting a Hawk/Recon and they refuse to lose health - you are shooting at the decoy! Remember, advanced decoy will walk and even shoot at you (for around 30% damage). This can be a finicky detail at times, as they will take full damage, but the health bar of the decoy never drops.
4) Just avoid straight lines if at all possible. While flying, you are most vulnerable at the peak of your jump, doubly so if you are moving in a predictable arc. Try to work at odd tangents from the NH's suspected location.
5) Do not try to revive someone if there is a NH around! This goes especially so for the person that was just downed by a NH!

Class specifics and other annoyances:
Off the top of my head, here are all the things that break stealth, or give the NH away:
1) Firecat (arguably the Recon Killer of choice) - Alt fire on Thermal, and any ability damage while the ignition passive is equipped (and it drat well should be!). The recon is on fire. Invisible, but on fire!
2) Tigerclaw with the level 40 perk. This slaps a glowing blue ring of 'shoot me' onto the recon, even while they are invisible!
3) Recluse with the exploding poison dot perk. This one is doubly-evil in that it will be applying CC while it goes. The downside is that the effect is harder to see, especially at night. But again, it renders visibly while the recon is otherwise!
4) The stupid goddamned Toxic event Rocketlauncher. The alt-fire will lock onto and track invisible recons, while providing a lovely bright red aiming-point! Pro As gently caress TM Nighthawks use this in tandem with their rifle - lock on, then swap and shoot the red ring for easy hits, especially effective vs other recons!
5) Certain cores/paints cast a glow around the recon, which sometimes remains visible while they are in stealth!
6) Sprinting recons will kick up dust trails in their wake, and very likely do the same where water is concerned (have not witness the latter, as most water in BP is too deep to splash around in).

I'm sure someone who really mains recon, especially NH, would be able to throw up more tips and counter-tips here. Cartographer comes to mind. I myself play NH a fair deal, but it is by no means my favourite pick.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 28, 2014

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Epic High Five posted:

Took V6TY5-S4PY5-PCC73-7JDMR-AFMJU

Thanks!

YU5AD-UEJJ2-63U53-F3KXG-A5SHP

Used and THANK YOU!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I believe it only stacks up on one target, so multiples negate it.

However, an EXCELLENT alternative for firecats, especially in PVP, is the Mammoth level 40 skill - 15% regen on skill use, combined with a reusable skill like Afterburner, becomes quite insane.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Zephyrine posted:

So why would anyone play Mammoth over Rhino?

Mammoth equipped with a Barrier HMG, teleport shot, and their choice of other dread skills will DESTROY Rhinos in pvp.

The mammoth's survivability vs the Rhino laser HMG more or less evens out - but then you add in the fact that nailing someone with Teleport Shot does more damage than any other skill I am aware of. Something like 20 thousand? Mix that with thunderdome, repulsor, explosive rounds, heavy armor - to your taste - and then the crazy regenerating passive, and you have a frame that shits out almost as much damage as Rhino and can take about two times the overall abuse.

PVE sided, the Rhino will be better off fore pure numbers, but does suffer for lack of any abusable mobility skills (Teleport Shot, again, is fantastic)

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Ralith posted:

I really enjoy my firecat. It's crazy mobile, and with some effort you can get almost 8 meters of high-damage splash on your primary. I generally hit entire spawn groups of enemies at once. A properly kitted afterburner will get you five uses, plus inferno dash, which is enough to let you close to point blank, spam all over everything, then back off and pretend you're a howitzer at your convenience.

As above - I love my Firecat, as it is rather versatile in its dispensation of death and fiery justice. Yes, some of the skills are short-range, and sort of unintuitive in a game about jetpacks and guns - but then, like mentioned, you get a monster aoe on a rapid-firing death-gun, with a -crazy- (insanely underused) alt-fire (I cannot emphasize how often I see 'Cats wasting their time shooting bosses with Primary - hello Kanaloa). Mobility is incredible with the frame, in fact the highest of any assault - and there are a few choice skills you can use to fill out that last slot and your HKM.

Personally, I find Shockwave from the standard Assault to be a better HKM module, as it has far less delay than the janky-rear end thermal bomb, and does all of its damage up-front without relying on enemies to sit in the AOE fire (which, as mentioned, has a problem lining up with actual impacts of the bomb, the explosion, and the AOE remnant).

Thermal Wave is a standard pick for that last skill-slot, and it is an amazing crowd-sweeper, and even a great little bit of burst damage, hitting for about 12 thousand on targets (at least for a well geared Cat).

A good alternative for PVE is actually Burn Jets, as it allows you to stay in the air for AGES when paired with judicious use of afterburner and Inferno Dash, and excels at wiping out trash mobs if you use it to hover a few feet over the ground for them to cluster beneath.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

xxEightxx posted:

I think energy wall would like to have a word with you.

Bombs Away says hello!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Morglon posted:

1000. Sitting at 975 with my Bastion because gently caress figuring out which HKM group to research to get what I want, then farm for hours to improve an ability I barely use and then wasting my precise banked time on it.

I'll probably be playing ArcheAge all weekend but if poo poo goes down and someone messages me I'd be down. I'm always hanging out in STO chat or just add me on steam with the same name as here or whatever.

Not 1000.

985 is the current limit, fully epiced in all available slots.

I know because I've scraped my way there on my Cat. So many credits. So much time.

And yea - on a blue vs purp of similar prefix, say for a weapon, you're looking at a difference of a dozen or so DPS and 2 power rating when all is said and done.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

The dark days are upon us, gentlegoons.

Was fun while it lasted.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

So this Elemental update has me excited..
But nowhere do I see the option for Ice based weaponry.
FrostCat is a dream that I shall have to continue dreaming, not living ;_;

Have any of you played around much with this on the test servers? Is there anything noteworthy coming down the pipes?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

So one thing jumped out at me in the patch notes:

"The Firewhips in Kanaloa's Lair will now explode when in close proximity to a player, leaving a pool of lava that deals damage and saps energy."

That raid just shot into difficult territory. Was bad enough when players killed the goddamn bugs near team-mates... now they just go kamikaze on your rear end? Awesome.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

This is, in a word, disappointing.
R5 is determined to make me stop playing at this point.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Well I'm getting back into this.

I assume i have been booted from GOONS?

If so I shall apply again - where ever I need to do that?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Nalin posted:

You can post your in-game name here, or you can access the army menu, find GOONS, and apply.

Also, I just now gave every single member of GOONS the ability to invite. I don't care if you invite all your dirty pubbie friends. I'll still keep the visible "officer" list filled with people who are usually online, but now everyone will be able to accept applications.

I'm on there as Dobe
I'll apply in game.

I am still in the army! Nevermind.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Inimicul posted:

They keep everything but I think they lose access to the accord frames. Everything on those frames gets put in inventory. It's been weeks since that specific question was answered and I only remember the broad strokes. I'm not 100% sure they'll stick with that idea though. The PTS forums are rife with bitching about that.

It sounds like an absolutely retarded idea, so I can imagine there would be bitching indeed.

On another note: Is amazon even meant to be playable? It took some 15 people to capture a single tower, and barely at that. The larger objectives with multiple floors and points become a tidal wave of elites.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

JonusRockweller posted:

Once Nalin told me that the LGV launching was back I decided to come and try out the PTS experience. Nothing quite like clearing twice the height of a mountain from it's base within two seconds. Thank you Nalin and Red5 for making this a reality, I actually had some fun again.

How?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Ralith posted:

You should at least get Afterburner, if not Overcharge as well. One of the nice things about Firecat is that basically all of the abilities are desirable, even the base class ones.

I run an energy core for flying funtime - paired with afterburner, thermal wave and the fire-dash skill that firecats get (forget the name). HKM is Shockwave
Mind you, this was a perma-flight setup back before they absolutely hosed Cooldown Reduction, yet it still allows for endless mobility while pummeling enemies with your thermal canon.

One of the key passives for this is the 'chance to gain fire rate on hit' one - which most of the time has you firing at double normal rate. With the thermal secondary fire this is insane dps, plus dot.

• Locked thread