Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.
I can't wait to jump back into this again! The changes sound so good, and the Goon feelings seem to be positive in the thread so far.

I have one question that I'm hoping somebody whose in game already can answer for me. I saw you can get a 2-person vehicle as one of the bundle options, and even though I'm a founder already that seemed pretty cool. My question is if there are ways to get a vehicle like that in game via Red Beans or crafting? If it is possible how much/how hard is it to obtain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Played a little last night with my buddy Santa got into the Goon guild with no issues and am having a really good time. It's hard to put into words but the game feels more like a 'game' now and less like a tech demo to me.

I like that Thumping isn't the end all be all of gameplay now and is just a cool way to get ore in an MMO. The job board has been much better than I thought it would be thus far(thought it would be like SWG's uninspired system), but have only done a handful of them so I hope it keeps up. The crafting is definitely less complicated, which I know some people weren't happy with, but it seems pretty robust to me and I'm very happy with the change.

All in all having a blast playing my Dragonfly for the first 7 levels. I hope they keep pumping out the content, a Wildstar like 1 month content drop cycle would do wonders for this game I think.

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Ralith posted:

Also, always check the price of something on the market in credits before buying it with red beans. It's usually cheaper, though of course that depends on the current exchange rate.

This cannot be overstated enough. When my friend and I started playing again he wanted to try Firecat since he always loved the assault frames and Bam! he's down 100 red beans.

Shortly thereafter I read in this thread about converting beans to credits and just buying licenses and other goodies. I think to myself "I wonder how much of a difference that makes?" so I turn 100 red beans into Credits and proceed to buy 4 frame licenses......my friend proceeds to go hang himself in the shower for wasting so many beans. Moral of the story? Don't buy anything with beans until you check the Marketplace.

Also Arus is right, Locust Choppers are #1.

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Lemon King posted:

Enable particle and veg shadows too using the console making everything even better.

Hey LK, Do you have a list of console commands to do your citrus magic like the above? I bet you know all kinds of cool things to make the game look even better.

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

MadHat posted:

Generally speaking each Frame has a Weapon, Perk, HKM and 3 Abilities tied to it, but there are some Archetype Abilities you can get as well. These are generally modified Abilities like Rocket Turret being a Heavy Turret Modification but there is stuff like Burn Jets for all Assault Archetypes that is unique.

Yeah it really feels like if they don't want to add more primary weapon types (which is fine and makes sense) then they really need to increase the number of abilities you have to choose from. Seems like each frame needs at least 6+ abilities with maybe 2 variations (ala Rocket Turret) for each of those. Then it's more like GW2 or WS with the LAS and you can have different builds and stuff.

I'm really liking the new direction the game is going, but it does feel like I'm in the 'real' beta now. They need another 6 months or so to polish and churn out content now that they have a stable path to follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

"You killed Billy!"

^--- Favorite line so far.

Overall I've actually enjoyed the voice acting and story, but I fully admit I may just have low standards.

• Locked thread