Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wait, how does the new leveling stuff work exactly? Are we still farming ores with thumpers or is it more focused around killing dudes and getting stronger that way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh awesome, that's good to hear. I'll give it another shot then! I hated being tied down to thumping when the game had giant guns to shoot. It's like, dude, let me explode stuff.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well, the voice acting is terrible, the script even worse, the travel distances a pain in the arse, but I have an awesome Russian accent and my engineer decided to put some trousers on. I won't say the game's turned itself around but compared to what it was a while ago it seems to be pointing in the right direction now.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Don't suppose there's a mod which cleans up gamepad compatibility by making the UI a little cleaner, is there? Game's pretty chill when I'm just slumped in my chair shooting dudes.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
A few random questions:

1.) Am I wasting crystite by researching? I've seen complaints about the system but no real explanation as to why it's a waste of time. I've only done a few things with it - thumpers, mostly - but still.

2.) When quest medals go bronze on the job board, that means it's safe to move onto the next hub right?

3.) Finally...I've earned a couple purple cosmetic things from those slot machines, but I've got no clue how to apply them. Using the NewYou station just prompts the game to start asking me about buying RedBeans.

Inimicul posted:

I'm not sure it's what you mean by "cleaner" but you can go into the interface options and resize, move, or disable just about everything. You can then rebind anything you like on the controller for easy 1-8s. I haven't seen any addons for it though.

Ah well, I'll just faff around with key configs then and see what I can come up with. Game is forgiving enough to use the controller in combat which I like.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Cheers for the help, guys. I might drop a fiver or so at some point for the VIP stuff, but right now I can't see myself putting much money - if any - into it.

Level 25 for a mount, right?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Thanks for the advice, guys. Had no idea I had to convert crystite to credits - wondered why I was broke. :downs:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Dropped a squad thumper so I could get some crystite from the mobs. Full blown Chosen invasion drop in on it. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
'The Boss isn't a contract killer.'

gently caress you lady, we've done nothing but murder people for money the last twenty levels.

• Locked thread