Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Holy poo poo gently caress typing those keys in. Worst idea making them images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Are they still doing complete gameplay/mechanic overhauls on this thing? I keep checking back now and then to see if it's settled down, but it always seems like there's another major change coming in the next couple weeks/months.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Rip game. I guess I can stop waiting for them to pick a direction and stick with it to come back.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Any word on when the migration will happen?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah i was running through the first bit on a new character and it seemed decent. Got up to level 12 and stopped cause I want to know what I'm going to have on my main. Also there are a bunch of new bikes and a lot of them look nicer than the first lgv. Maybe I can put some of this 1k+ red beans to use finally.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

FadedPez posted:

Migration now deployed for Mentors - hit it hard, friends! Try not to break it so we can get everyone else migrated! :)

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
The gently caress is that?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Ah. Apparently I got one too. Shoulda checked my email.

I can choose between the Firecat, Dragonfly, Nighthawk or the 40mill xp pack for my arsenal trade in. No idea what to do...

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jan 23, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I was dumb and took the xp. I did however get all three frames from having the base frame. So I've got those to level.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Is the enemy ai(and just combat ai in general) hosed up? I did the beginner mission that's set up like a tower defense (as a bastion). All the enemies would just stop and not really attack much and both the built turrets as well as my own were shooting kinda sporadically.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Man. I have no idea what I'm doing/what i should be doing. Still, I'm not completely disliking it. probably going to hold off for a week/month until some of the stability and weird bugs I've been seeing get sorted out.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
FYI, 40mill takes you to level 36.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
yeah so far I've only really enjoyed playing my mammoth and firecat. They both strike that sweet spot between aoe and single target to sleepwalk through most content. And obviously mammoth is better for infinite range and better sustained damage (firecat overheats pretty fast unless you use the skill to not overheat) Given, my impressions so far are with mostly the autogrant gear and no modifications, so it could be pretty different once I start slapping some real stuff on there.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
There are also a lot of weird pacing things where the cutscene goes on long after it should have ended.Like the one where you load a bunch of scientists on a dropship after the first one gets dunked. The door takes forever to close and then you fly off into the distance and the camera just sits there for a minute.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Hot drat. Did they say why?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Wait, they delivered it to your inventory instead of as a crate? That's... less than smart.

I logged in and got a mail that says Loot Week Continues Day 2 of 7. I logged in yesterday but didn't get 1 of 7?

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 29, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I'm guessing they started it today and at 4 pm pst it ticked over to the second day so yeah... Red5.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I would have liked if the quests were a little less generic and the way audio didn't really sync up with what was on screen, it was hard to follow the dialogue even when I was interested. That being said, there were a couple kinda cool missions? I was doing it on my level 40 dude so all the content was super trivial though. And now that I have Bounties unlocked I probably won't bother too much doing them unless I'm bored/don't know what to do next. Do goon parties happen at all? I'm in one of the defunct old branches [FAT] when the sprawling army system was in place so I should probably join whatever the main clan is now.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Do it. Dooooo it.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
It's to be expected when they're constantly completely overhauling core features. You don't get to spend time on quality of life. You can't tweak the UI when it's changing to accommodate the new stuff.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Inimicul posted:

I thought he ( she? It? Both?) quit last year some time. There was a post about it but searching is hard.

I look forward to former devs who liked where the game was originally going getting together to work on a new project.

poo poo, that already happened. I just hope the next one doesn't devolve into lawsuits, layoffs, Twitter wars, drug abuse and parking lot sex too.

Really? What's it called?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Nalin posted:

I mean, it's not really wrong. Plenty of people have bitched about the lack of iron sights throughout Firefall's history. There are pretty much no major multiplayer PvP shooters out there without iron sights.

Counter-Strike.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I don't think I ever spent my red beans from the commander pack way the gently caress back in the day. That stupid beanie is still kicking around somewhere...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
If they're not insane, mobile will be like a companion app like Warframe's so you can manage stuff you're crafting and poo poo like that (crafting still exists in this game, right?) Or maybe some weird minigame thing like the Division with the UAV assuming that made it into the game.

• Locked thread