Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Gadzuko posted:

Makes sense to me. All engineers being able to repair deployables is a pretty sensible idea. Can you even craft stuff like burrowing sticky launchers any more? I thought that was all removed. The crafting system doesn't let you just jam in whatever you want any more. Even if it does, coming up with a specialization for the Tesla isn't a monumental task. Specialize it into damage, or give it aoe repair, or increase range, or any of a million other things.

Accord Engineer didn't need to use a tesla to repair poo poo because it had Repair Nanites, which is incredibly useless now. Electron is a quick moving support, if you don't drop the shield and boomerang you only have one slot for a deployable. The number one thing either of these frames would want a repair gun for is the heavy turret, which now has a limited duration deployment. The only time I use the repair beam is when there are too many enemies for me to quickly kill with the lovely primary and I have to tank them with the turret which is boring as gently caress.

I would much rather have stickys available on all my engineers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Morglon posted:

I'd much rather have turrets not completely suck because dear god, while they do okay damage now they could be outtanked by literal Origami swans and with the cooldowns and the general uptime I'm spending a lot of mission hiding behind poo poo and plinking away at the twenty or so enemies every wave spawns. I get why things are that way but I absolutely hate when my game experience gets hosed over in the name of PvP balance.

Yeah I just hit 31 and am sitting at 14k hp, just looking at the printer a level 40 blue heavy will have 1860 hp, hell my bike is still at the default 3000 hp. I'm pretty sure once I hit 40 unless the things gain some magical damage resistance they will be one shots. I hate the powercreep going on in this version.

AirborneNinja fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 17, 2014

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Nalin posted:

It is possible that Power Rating will affect turret HP. Have you tried testing it with your current turrets? Start a duel with somebody you know so they can see how much damage it takes to destroy your turret.

They do scale its not reflected in garage stats or paperdoll. Still don't like the powercreep.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Frustrated posted:

Its very meh... The electron is my highest class at 25 and I'm seriously considering switching to something else. Your primary fire is a rail gun that can headshot, but it's basically like being a crappy raptor/nighthawk with no zoom. Your alt fire is an aoe orb that fires fairly fast, but it also has a tiny aoe radius making it very hard to hit multiple enemies with it. Out of your skills, overcharge station is worthless for soloing and is kind of buggy with some weapons, additionally people have to run up next to it to get the buff. Boomerang is ok for aoe damage on close targets, but it bugs on some humanoid targets and only hits once instead of twice. The shield is good, but the range on it to shield friendlies is really small so that if you aren't right next to someone it will not shield them. Finally your hkm is a big ball of lightning that does a ton of damage to anything large that stands still, making it almost useless in pvp and against anything fast moving or tiny. Today they also increased the amount of time it takes to charge hkms, soooo bla.

Maybe with a ton of purple cooldown modules boomerang and the energy shield are really good, but at low levels its a lot of running and straining to headshot stuff without a scope while you wait on cooldowns since you are squishy as hell when the shield goes down. It brings back some fun quake3 rail gun memories, but overall the electron is a pretty underwhelming class in my opinion.

The old Electron was a fantastic AoE making GBS threads death god. You had Boomerang, EMP Grenade which works like the shield does now except it drops new Electrons HKM instead of a pansy shield, then you had Salvo Proxy, which is the Arsenals HKM as a regular ability.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Kessel posted:

The job board thing is pretty bad. I think a great deal of it has to do with the algorithm that is selecting an area to use for your quest - as far as I can tell, after completing a step of the quest, the system tries to find a nearby empty area that isn't being used by another player for their jobs, then generates the content and points you there? In any case, it's shunting me like anywhere from 500m to 1km away and making me run all over the place. Then after you're done with the entire quest you're probably in the middle of nowhere and have to backtrack to the job board to pick up another quest which will, once again, shunt you to a faraway place. I have a permanent LGV and a boosted glider pad, so that cuts down on some of the frustration, but it still kinda sucks having to drive back and forth over the same patch of Sertao over and over again. And the XP from each job is also kind of lovely.

I had one objective spawn in 10m from the objective I had just finished. Waist high walls fell from the sky and raider punks ran out the melding wall.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

This is sort of my thought too. I am playing it in small doses and enjoying it, but am not going to grind it until some things are fixed up. Thankfully the patch last week showed that they are open to mixing things up, hopefully they continue that course and listen to feedback.

Red5 has been open to mixing things up for the past 3 years.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Morglon posted:

Oh come now basic Engineer is just as bad as the Electron.

The basic Engineer is perfectly competent, as is the Electron. For an advanced frame the Electron doesn't improve upon the base very much. A shield of dubious usefulness, lackluster damage ability, useless support deployable, and an underwhelming HKM.
The only reason I consider them even close in respective power is the Electron can use all the Engineers gear.
Old Electron was a loving monster.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Is the research system going to be less of a clusterfuck with this patch?

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

eSporks posted:

Electron sucks because Red5 are big dumb idiots that removed shock combos, which are an homage to the best weapon in all of FPS history.

Mostly because EMP Grenade and Salvo Proxy.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

The Electrons original abilities.
EMP grenade worked somewhat like bulwark used to, except instead of a pansy shield it spawned a lasting EMP field, Salvo Proxy was Shoulder Rockets but a non-HKM ability.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Salvo Proxy did work a little differently. Instead of volley firing rockets that then tracked it launched a single large rocket that split before coming down on your cursor.
Pubbies bitched about it sucking and eventually R5 decided to get rid of it and EMP grenade and make the Electron a buff bitch. Then they gave the Arsenal shoulder rockets for reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

I still haven't used up my research time from the last time crafting was overhauled.

• Locked thread