Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
LK would you know why my Crystalwing glider pad isn't showing up in inventory? I can use it on the calldown menu but not being able to drag it to numbers 6-9 makes it a bit of a bitch to use.

Beware of the Bio-crossbow's secondary fire it now leaves a poison cloud and you can seriously screw yourself up with it now, might be my low level core causing more of a problem but having 9k hp and losing 1-2k if you just touch the cloud is much more dangerous than the previous 100-300 damage from splash with no poison.

Its still possible to do higher level content with lower level frames/gear you just have to be very careful, stock/white weapons take a while to kill things but will get there eventually but Max Health cores are a really big help in making it so that 1-2 mistakes don't get you thrown down into bleedout.

God, gonna have to do lots of Crystite grinding this weekend you can exchange a lot for Credits and this seems like the best time to do it before they reduce the cap even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
http://www.firefallthegame.com/news/firefall-live-airs-this-friday-with-more-giveaways-special-guest-and-live-q-a

Q&A tomorrow at 1pm Eastern, they are giving away a couple of the $30 packs and one $100 pack but it will be a type in a given keyword type so only able to win if you actually watch.

Link for the Red 5 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/r5studios

I really hope they fix Ares missions spawning soon, running between the ones at Shanty town was the best but now with the spawns so few and far between my drive to grind has gone down quite a bit. Really need to join Goons to find people to play with.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012

Nalin posted:

It is also possible that the enemies that spawn in the region are easier than enemies in a different region.

Oh yes, lost my only Personal 2 to some huge monster that hit me for 15k hp when thumping in the Forest of South East Devil's Tusk so finding a spot that provides melee only enemies can be a huge boon.

And it feels wierd but I've finally started using health and stim packs, they really help cut down on downtime between missions and time I get downed by getting overwhelmed by guys with assault rifles.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012

Snaxx posted:

Recluse was amazing at killing everything, but drat was it boring.

Just right click anywhere remotely close to an enemy whilst tapping space bar.

It can get somewhat boring but the bio-crossbow is just so good and it can have some great skills, my favorite setup is Healing wave, Creeping Death, Evacuate, and Necrosis it just lets you do so much aoe damage and you get healed for all the damage your weapon does.

And if you need items for salvage or organic parts there are a few spots in DT where you can drop a squad 3 thumper and get tons due all the chosen and bugs spawning in one little area ready to AoE.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, got 35 for the Lt. pack and the only other beans I remember getting we're a couple bonuses or from the daily crates. So we got like .7 of a bean for every dollar paid to Red 5.

And I've just basically not logged in for the past couple days, as much fun as I have with the game its not worth getting frustrated with launch day issues. But yeah can't wait for them to turn the open world missions back up to full they are one of the best parts of the game and leveling a new frame currently you go from tons of crashed LGVs or Thumpers around Copa to nothing until level 12+ so the grind can get frustrating fairly quickly.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012

xxEightxx posted:

There was no way patch 1.0 wouldn't have had that feeling, it completely turned so many things upside down that it will take probably a year before things smooth out.

But at least now the game has some forward progress instead of random great ideas that get worked in for a while only to be scrapped when someone figures they are terrible or impossible to get them working.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012

xxEightxx posted:

Recluse Bug Fixes
•Fixed Recluse’s shoe size to a match the artistic vision of this battleframe.

Holy poo poo, you mean they actually fixed it so the Recluse no longer has clown shoes?

But yeah you can't really argue with the reviews, its a fun game and sometimes you can see the potential it has but between the past couple years of nothing getting finished and the launch having as many bugs and lack of content as it does it is easy to see why someone not invested in the game can very quickly lose interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, Mark was both the savior and killer of Firefall, he was able to secure funding for the project letting it continue on when the studio was running short of cash but then started spending it going multimedia studio route as Eight said and while the systems got fleshed out the story went nowhere.

Always depressing because the base game was great till they started remaking it constantly it just needed tons more content for people to do outside constantly dropping thumpers.

• Locked thread