Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
I'm downloading on Steam at the moment, if I played years ago and have a founder pack am I going to be able to login and play immediately or will I have to wait until the end of the month? I have a few questions about all the new stuff, but if I can login in a couple hours I'll just wait. I'll also apply to the Goon army when I leave my old one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

So I spent most of the time played so far just wandering around and checking out all the new areas and such, is the fastest way to level up still the Ares missions or is it better to run proper instanced missions with a group?

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Ralith posted:

I spent some time with a few of you running ARES quests in DT with low-level frames; at 30-50k XP each with another 100k every time an incursion shows up, it's a pretty good show for rapid levelling, albeit difficult.

Thanks for the advice, I jumped in for an hour earlier when lots of people were around and followed them around for an hour going between missions. Is it normal for 5 invasions in a row to pop in less than 2 minutes after the previous one just finished? I'm not complaining though, lots of good exp in a short amount of time.

A couple more questions for people who've played more recently than I have:
What's with the Chosen occasionally obliterating somebodies thump site? I saw at least 2 people today who had like 10 drop pods just ruin their thumper.
Whats the fastest way to earn crystite now? Tornado's still give a nice amount of resources, so...
Is there anywhere I can sell excess resources immediately for crystite, or is that all done through the market for credits now?
And is there any way to turn credits back into crystite so I can use it for research? Selling some easy to farm stuff on the market got me a load of credits, and it'd be good to use some of it for more research.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

SilentW posted:

:ducksiren: Important PSA to anyone who cannot access chat or Friends - :ducksiren:

If you created your account a while ago (3 years ago in my case), it appears some kind of data migration was done since then, and Red5 hosed it up. The chatserver's authentication DB got munged during the migration and it won't have the correct username/password on file for you.
To fix this, you have to change your password... but of course the website works off the same munged database and won't let you, claiming that your current password (that you are currently using to successfully log in and play) is invalid.
To fix this, go to the Firefall website and try to log in. Use 'Forgot Password' change your password. If you like, you can change it back again immediately after. Now log back in to the game, all should be well.

I was wondering why the Army chat was so quiet...

Will do this when I get home. I was wondering why nobody was in the army chat after that first day and why I couldn't chat yesterday

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Daysvala posted:

What level do you have to be to 'benefit' from ARES Missions in Devil's Tusk?

Everybody has been telling me level 32, but I'm not sure whether that's all of DT or just the area around the Accord base when you arc-port in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Turra posted:

Wait, I tried to take a shuttle to Devils Tusk last night but it said everyone in the group had to be level 37? Can you just go there another way?

In Copa there's a small Accord base at the back where the army terminals are. If you go inside there's a large arc-porter inside which you should be able to use to get to there.

e: Just ran through an ARES mission near there and got the full exp for it.

Wilko fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jul 26, 2014

• Locked thread