Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
So now that its launch are we all NOT DEAD again? Will there be more then 2 people in GOONS chat again? oh happy day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

permanoob posted:

Probably been asked before and I really don't want to read the official forums because gently caress that place, but are we going to get invasions back? I saw a Chosen squad try and take over a watchtower last night but the guards are so buff now they killed the squad before I could get to it. What about incursions? Haven't seen an incursion since 1.0 either.

incursions only happen in Devils Tusk now.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Mr Scumbag posted:

Hmmmm, I think those talking about Raptors being killmachines are talking out of their asses.

Take a lvl 40 raptor. Give it a quick charge prefixed (blue or purple) charge rifle. Add 3 (purple or blue) charge speed/RoF modules. you now have a charge rifle that takes 0.4 seconds to fully charge. This rifle can headshot. Take a (duration or cooldown prefixed) (blue or purple) Powerfield and give it Cooldown and duration modules. Take a (blue or purple) Overload HKM and give it 3 Charge speed modules.

Now your raptor can fire a fully charged shot every 0.4 seconds, can pop a powerfield giving it unlimited ammo every ~30 seconds that will last for ~10-12 seconds, and can further more upgrade every shot it fires to blast a big blue ball of AoE death for 10 seconds every ~45 seconds.

Yeah, it's a killmachine

Granted, that was pre-patch. NOW, the (base) charge speed has been upped to 2.5 seconds, so that (modded) .4 second charge is now taking exactly 1 second (giving a modded raptor the same fire speed as a completely RoF-modded NightHawk but the raptor gets to keep his Damage buff/Unlimited ammo ability), and the Big Blue AOE is now a chain. So now the raptor has to actually bother to AIM his HKM shots, but still gets to chain them into a bunch of enemies. Oh and I gues the HKM takes longer to charge so instead of every 45 seconds he's down to every 1.5 minutes.

Long story short? If you aint killing things left and right as a raptor you need to get good at raptor.

• Locked thread