Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I can't even imagine how people are playing this without the permanent LGV and Glider Pad. On one hand, I'm very grateful that I got these free for spending too much time in the beta, on the other hand it must be pretty bad for new players. Same with the pilot token grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Those Bean prices are so high because of the Credit->Bean exchange. People can decide for themselves what grind/$ ratio an item is worth for them. That also makes the exhange more active, which means alot of people just buy Beans to sell them for Credits, to buy gear on the Marketplace. This also makes Red5 able to say "You can get EVERYTHING for free!", which always sounds nice.
The whole system is blatantly stoleninspired from Cryptic, who had so much success with it that they added it to all their older f2p games. It's pretty smart.

Also, who the gently caress wrote for this game?

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
The 20 days of free VIP that alot of beta vets have gotten at launch will run out soon, so that has probably the biggest effect on the bean market right now

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Think of it as seeing the alternate universe version of a game each year. The e-sports universe we saw some years ago must be pretty infuriating, though.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Time to go full circle and just become this again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvkwN8lCRFI

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
The small windows between revamps where everything works well are kinda ok, but right now it feels really janky again.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I'm glad someone finally managed to do game development like a moebius strip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Lazer Monkey posted:

that post was from 14 days ago, the last whole week login, forums and site have been down..

The final revamp: out of existence

• Locked thread