Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
How do they keep getting money to keep reworking this game from scratch? Also wasn't PvP going to be the main feature of this game before it was released?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Second Highest Rated Reddit Reply posted:

Since R5 and Firefall are now under direct control of The9, a Chinese company, now, I'm going to ride the top comment and teach you all a few Chinese 4-word idioms today.
Firstly, 隔岸觀火, translated as "watching a fire from across the river bank", originally from the Thirty-Six Stratagems, used to describe that the enemies is already in internal discord, and will fall apart even if our side watch from afar. However, the more recent interpretation of this idiom is to describe someone who watches a disaster/accident taking place and did nothing to help.
Secondly, let's look at 事後諸葛, roughly literally means "Zhuge after the fact". Zhuge Liang was a master military strategist who won several well known battles with clever strategies. This idiom means hindsight bias in English, also known as the knew-it-all-along effect, when after viewing the outcome of a potentially unforeseeable event, a person believes he or she "knew it all along".
Lastly, a modern idiom that was invented after invention of firearms. 射後不理, meaning "fire-and-forget", but lately has been used to describe a man who came inside a woman and refused to take any responsibilities.

:lol: :wtc:

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 27, 2016

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Welp! I wanted to like this game, and the pre-launch trailers seemed awesome. Then as time went on it seemed like it was getting further and further away from something I'd actually want to play (a well done Tribes MMO basically).

When I saw they were just straight up removing alt-fire from all weapons for some dumb reason was when I figured the game wasn't going to recover.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
What a shame. It was a good game (during beta). What a rotten way to die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09vVF-Hvykg

• Locked thread