Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Are there any guides or tips for playing as an arsenal that are recent? Everything that I'm finding is from before they were apparently super heavily nerfed.

Oh the class hasn't been nerfed more than any other frame and it still plays exactly the same as it did when it was first released. Just pick up the perks/weapon mods that suit your play style. The Accord Dreadnought has a good selection of abilities that you can use on that frame too.

Whenever I play that frame, I focus on either long range or short range. PB and turret mode for long range, HA and shotgun for short. Keep rocket boots though, because it's The Best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I applied to Goon Squad in this game of jet packs and machine guns. God help me.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I'll be shocked if it even lasts a few more months. How do they turn this thing around after people have started quitting and them having to fix a bunch of poo poo?

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

People have been using the word "cupcake" on the forums.

:smithicide:

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

So basically this game is dead. That sucks. They just released a patch in december for Tribes: Ascend so at least I can get my FPS + jetpack gaming from somewhere.

Nalin posted:

No, it's a word filter. Bad words are censored to cupcake.

Ew.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Dude, what the hell is with these devs/community people and their propensity to lock a thread after posting one last sick passive-aggressive burn on the community?

quote:

[*]Alt-fire was removed from all weapons because the lead PvP designer (who no longer works at Red5) wanted to standardize what happens when a player right-clicks. And Cloudchaser hated the change. And all the players hate the change. Even the PvP'ers.[/list]

And of course PvP ruins another game.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

eSporks posted:

Umm, how did PVP ruin the game? No one wanted tgat change except the lovely designer.

I meant PvP in a philosophical sense. Like, the guy looked at a game mechanic through a lens of PvP and thought, "Ah! This should change because if I was in a PvP match I blah blah blah." At least that's what I read the IRC thing as. But also I was just joking.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

You'd think the guy would just suggest that they add a separate zoom button or something. :shrug:

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I'm still irritated by the "eat your vegetables" post, but that's pretty depressing.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

And then this is on page two:

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Yeah it was that. The condescending tone he took really put me off the game for a long time.

Here's a link for anyone who cares:

http://forums.firefall.com/community/threads/durability-%E2%80%93-we%E2%80%99re-doin%E2%80%99-it-live-wall-of-text-remix.669441/page-15

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

It's really sad too because I'm pretty sure their old CEO is responsible for the messes that they deal with.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Wait a sec. Do you get stuck in flight forever no matter what, or are people just mad about getting launched?

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Inimicul posted:

gently caress it. Let him back in. It can't get worse, can it? At least when he was running the show they had employees, content, and a bus.

People on reddit are saying this without a hint of sarcasm.

I say gently caress him. He's a dick, and should spend his time either owning his mistakes and apologizing, or making his own games that no one will buy.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I was just thinking the same thing a couple days ago, after having not played since shortly after launch. For me I think it was when they took away the flowchart that led to the other frames like Magnum and Brontodon or w/e the heavy frames were called. It kind of took away some of the excitement for future stuff, and I think around the same time they changed crafting so that you were looking for one particular resource instead of trying to mix some together. I don't know why, but I kind of like games with too many numbers, weather it's resistances or dodging and armor penetration or w/e. Maybe it's because there's more room for specialization :shrug:

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Would have been nice for the game if it Kern didn't gently caress it up before it was done. He probably doesn't think he'll make the same mistakes that he made when he was in charge last time. What a loving scumbag.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I'm not seeing anything regarding layoffs or shuttering-of-doors or windows or whatever gets shuttered. Just a tweet from one guy saying he was let go. Reddit (ew) has a thread with some guy claiming to have received an email about everyone being "fired" and some other threads about lay-offs, but I'm wondering if this is some kind of ruse.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Morglon posted:

Let's not put all the blame on that guy, true he's a dick but there are plenty of things they could've done once he was gone to save the game but just didn't. Maybe it was because they didn't give a poo poo, maybe it was because the new CEO just wanted them to launder money. In the end though I'd rather stick with a sucky but consistent "vision" over revamping the entire game every six months though.

My understanding is that he was the reason why there was so much reimagining going on. Him and the other members of the management team who stuck around after he left. Of course, all I know is from glassdoor reviews so it's all just my interpretation of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I reinstalled this just the other day and I like the new tutorial a lot more than the old ones. However, the animations and cut-scenes are a little buggy and I ended my session with a disabled mouse-look. It's so close to being a fun game.

• Locked thread