Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

Loanarn posted:

My current Amazon Wish List totals close to $1000. Feel free to give me suggestions alternatives to what I picked or items I may have missed.
Go to a thrift shop, you could get most of that stuff for like $100 total man. Some things you want to buy new, like good knives, but glass or plastic measuring cups, plastic cutting boards, ladels, sheet pans, etc. can be had for pennies second hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it
Excellent. That is the same veggie peeler I have, it's way comfy. I hate Y peelers.

Thrift stores seriously kick rear end. Look for some metal mixing bowls too, they're absolutely indispensable. Heck I've found a Kitchenaid for $40 used, spare work bowls for it and a meat grinder attachment.

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

Loanarn posted:

Edit: The price on the fryer jumped up so I wont be purchasing that unless it drops or I can find a cheaper alternative. The food processor dropped from $180 to $150.
Serious man forget the fryer. Unless you're some disgusting goon or Paula Deen you will not be using the oil in the fryer nearly often enough. The oil will go rancid and you're going to spend a lot of money filling the drat thing again

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

Loanarn posted:

Today I went shopping again. I tried to go to Penzy's spice shop but I didn't realize they close at 6pm so I missed them so I am heading back tomorrow right after I get off work. I did go to Goodwill and I found a pasta machine missing it's hand crank for $5. I figured I can try to get a replacement or make one myself and some some dough (heh).
Pasta rollers rule. Never EVER EVER EVER EVER try to wash it though. If it's anything like the Atlas I got, the rollers themselves are tin-plate and no matter how well you try to dry it, they will rust immediately. To clean it between uses, send a lump of dough through as a sacrifice and then flour it up again.

• Locked thread