Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
electricmonk500
May 6, 2007

Loanarn posted:

Great idea. There is one very close to me so I will check that out. I've looked at some retail kitchen supply stores like Kitchen Kaboodle and Williams-Sonoma but found they are mostly more expensive than amazon.

Restaurant supplies are great, I would recommend picking up a couple simple metal mixing bowls in sizes you think would be useful. Super cheap, I use them all the time, last a lot longer than you might expect (given how thin the metal is), pour nicely, and since they can take heat you can use them as a bain-marie or as an impromptu cover for a wok or skillet.

I would also recommend forgetting about the deep frier and just fry in a pot or a wok when you want to. Even if you use the frier enough to justify the purpose (which I would say means 2-3 times a week at least) that might be cool at first but would ultimately just be bad for your health. Not that that would really be a problem, because I guarantee you would probably use it once or twice, and then forget about it for many months at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread