Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Rice cooker is a waste of money. Cook rice in a saucepan.

Deep frier is a waste of money. Deep fry things in a saucepan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Save me jeebus posted:

Also get a pressure cooker. They are not a waste of money.

Yes they are. Everything that is done in a pressure cooker can be done with a regular pan, just with a bit more time taken.

It's like you all have unlimited money and don't understand how to prioritise. All of these things, rice cookers, pressure cookers and deep friers are extraneous. They may be convenient, but they aren't necessary.

Edit: Hey, it turns out I am wrong about pressure cookers. ALMOST everything that is done in a pressure cooker can be done with a regular pan, but there are some pretty cool things you can do in a pressure cooker that cannot be done otherwise.

Scientastic fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 24, 2014

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Bob_McBob posted:

Good thing the OP is budgeting $1000 on kitchen tools rather than the bare minimum necessary to prepare food then. At some point convenience and features beyond the most basic utility become deciding factors in purchases. Nobody is telling him to buy a rice cooker instead of a knife and cutting board. You can get a rice cooker for $20 or opt for something fancier if the convenience justifies the price in the budget.

Bringing projects in under budget and spending the remaining money on hookers and blow is definitely a bad idea, and wasting money on things you don't need just because you can is fantastic!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Loanarn posted:

This recipe comes from my friend who has been making this chili for years and its the best chili I have ever had.

If I might suggest an improvement to make this even better, add pork ribs.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

The correct way to end the thread is to eat the food anyway and report what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Just don't eat the meats.

Have you never heard of "high meat"?

• Locked thread