Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
When does the cooking start? What things are you planning to make? I'm assuming you made at least part of your list based on what you want to cook.

Also I just realized the thread title is iit instead of itt and its driving me crazy now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

mindphlux posted:

I agree with nwin too, but that would take ages. I should make a chicken thread maybe.

yeah, just chuck them in a gallon ziplock bag in the freezer, add parts until it bursts. don't worry about freezer burn, your stock won't care. break apart your carcass into sections to get more in the bag. I fit about 5 whole carcasses in one gallon bag, then start another. I'll just throw odd bits in too as I go - like if I buy several pounds of whole wings, I'll trim the wing tips and throw the ends in there. or if I have one with giblets, I'll throw the neck in there (not the liver/organs of course - I just freeze those in a different bag.

On this note, you should also have a freezer bag of veggie bits (onion ends, carrot tops, celery hearts, tater peels, etc) for pretty much the exact reason.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Well if you want to do a fish that's not bass, you can't go wrong with doing this recipe for trout. Simple, amazing, and its a good excuse to learn to brown butter.

http://www.thepauperedchef.com/2010/05/trout-a-la-meuni%C3%A8re-or-sharing-a-culinary-epiphany-with-julia-child.html

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Well its not like you're not going to have to buy more milk etc anyways, and all the dry ingredients are still there. Any cheese you got is prob fine. The loss of the chili is sad, but I'm sure you can salvage this, albeit with maybe some cheaper protiens and modified recipes.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I'm glad to see you're not giving up. Dealing with setbacks is a big part of cooking, and the pancakes look really good.

On the subject of what's ok, all the veggies are fine (ffs they're veggies), not just the hearty ones, the cheese is fine, hell, the butter is probably fine. Just don't eat the meats.

• Locked thread