Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Loanarn posted:

I need suggestions from goons on dishes to make now so I can start preparing.

I recommend Mr Wiggles's Weekday Brazilian Stew. It's in regular rotation for me and makes for some very good reheated work lunches. Add some linguica or something if you want, I do and it's delicious.

quote:

Weiner Schitzel,
:shobon:

A guide to spelling/pronouncing German words: when it comes to EI or IE, it's like you're saying the second vowel in English. So, Wiener (which means person/thing from Wien, or Vienna) Schnitzel. It's a good choice to cook, delicious and not too labor-intensive. I like to serve schnitzel with mashed potatoes with a little ground caraway added and/or some sauerkraut on top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Loanarn posted:

As you can tell by the thread title, double checking my spelling isn't exactly my forte. Perhaps you could help me with that mistake as well?

I don't know, I just use a browser that underlines poo poo in red when it might be misspelled and take five seconds to make sure nothing is egregiously hosed before hitting Post. Seems like a lot of trouble to ask other people to do that, though. Also I don't see what's wrong with the thread title? :confused:

What spices did you pick up at Penzey's? We can probably recommend particular dishes that might not be obvious if we know what you're working with.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Loanarn posted:

Let me know what you think and I am always looking for more suggestions.

bartolimu posted:

I recommend Mr Wiggles's Weekday Brazilian Stew. It's in regular rotation for me and makes for some very good reheated work lunches. Add some linguica or something if you want, I do and it's delicious.

:colbert:

Seriously though your menu looks pretty good. I don't plan out my meals as much - it's more finding what needs cooking and using it however I feel - but when you're re-learning out hot cook it's a good idea to have a little more structure. To add another meal recommendation, I make variations on West African peanut soup once in a while and they're always good. Swap winter squash for the sweet potato, add a bit of coconut milk, play around with the spices (I like to add cumin, turmeric, and fenugreek), whatever; the base recipe is very flexible.

• Locked thread