Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
It's a really really good shmup and one of the best 2d action games in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

ya it owns especially if you like cave shmups but get annoyed by anime babes

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

dont tell me what to do op

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Organs posted:

this is me, this is exactly me

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES
you should indeed purchase crimzon clover right now.

"i'm not good at shmups"
crimzon clover has a novice mode that will ease you into the game while not being insultingly easy. there is also a training mode that lets you practice any stage or boss you want under any conditions to help you practice parts you're having trouble with

"i want to try these kinds of games but they always have half naked anime girls all over them"
none of that in crimzon clover, friend! this game is certified 0% anime for those of you who are allergic or choose not to include it in your diet.

"i like shmups, why should i get this one"
crimzon clover offers solid gameplay, powerful shooting feel, scoring is intuitive and fun, four playable ships, nice and good explosions, online leaderboards, four modes of gameplay including a caravan mode! when's the last time you saw one of those?

"these games are too expensive for how long they are"
you can purchase crimzon clover for the princely sum of only $9.99 USD on Steam, and chances are you'll spend a long time on it if you don't commit the cardinal sin of credit feeding just to beat the game!

in summation, crimzon clover is my choice for Shmup of the Decade, at least until we get crimzon clover 2...???

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Organs posted:

i love anime babes but dont like boss ships turning into giant ugly prerendered anime babeas

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"
plz tell us more about your child anime wifu, op

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

SM64Guy posted:

i love anime babes but dont like boss ships turning into giant ugly prerendered anime babeas

agreed

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

doj is badass though, i have the version that lets you change in ketsui remix music and iuse that for bossfights

surc
Aug 17, 2004

link me to it on steam so I can come back here in a few bowls and impulse buy it.

E: oh poo poo it is linked, it's just hidden in a paragraph. My night is getting better and better.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Yotsubane (creator of crimzon clover) is working on a new shump called Garukilla but he's a one man show and takes his time, unlike the other Japanese one man shmup machine.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Crimpen Clown

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

SM64Guy posted:

yeah lolipachi was weird

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

thuly posted:

Yotsubane (creator of crimzon clover) is working on a new shump called Garukilla but he's a one man show and takes his time, unlike the other Japanese one man shmup machine.

is there any preview info of this?

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

yeah he's been working on it for like 3 years, maybe more?? its horizontal scrolling with dragons lol. i think its twinstick though so basically think geometry wars but with dragons. winning combo imo

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Shmups annoy me because you always die in one hit and there's no margin of error for my kinda-lovely-sometimes reflexes. Give me a shmup with a health bar, and RPG elements and stuff. Give me Sigma Star Saga but a little less mediocre

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I'm a lazy mother fucker OP. Il consider buying + playing Crimson Clover if you can link a video that shows me why I should do it.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

gently caress you OP for having crimson and clover stuck in my head.

Looks like a p good game, though, kudos for that.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Gimbal lock posted:

I'm a lazy mother fucker OP. Il consider buying + playing Crimson Clover if you can link a video that shows me why I should do it.

the game is visually cluttered in the best way. if you like explosions and numbers, you will love it.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

this game is confirmed awesome i love ramming myself into bullets like a dumbass

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Shmups annoy me because you always die in one hit and there's no margin of error for my kinda-lovely-sometimes reflexes. Give me a shmup with a health bar, and RPG elements and stuff. Give me Sigma Star Saga but a little less mediocre
play Tyrian 2000, there's a health bar and you collect money and buy + upgrade weapons/ships over the course of the game, it is also free

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

AndyAML posted:

play Tyrian 2000, there's a health bar and you collect money and buy + upgrade weapons/ships over the course of the game, it is also free

health bar means its bad

(its kinda fun anyway but im sticking to what i said)

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I'll put it on my wishlist when it reaches $5 or less

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Is it fascism yet posted:

is there any preview info of this?

He hasn't said anything on his blog since 2011, but apparently he released a demo at a con that year. it's a twin stick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhXve2FMrmM

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Jeffrey posted:

health bar means its bad

(its kinda fun anyway but im sticking to what i said)

UN squadron had a health bar and it was good. its also hard as knobs so its probably not what hes looking for

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

UN squadron had a health bar and it was good. its also hard as knobs so its probably not what hes looking for

UN squadron is still a really fun game tho

inexpensive meal
Jan 29, 2012

toot toot
This game is good & fun, fullscreen bugs out for me though.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

also luftrausers has regenerating health and its pretty decent

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

also luftrausers has regenerating health and its pretty decent

it's a pretty far cry from a traditional shmup but it's fun

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Jeffrey posted:

it's a pretty far cry from a traditional shmup but it's fun

Luftrausers is a euroshump

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is It Fascism Yet, you're a straight shooter so I'll buy this game. But you only get one. As does everyone.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

AndyAML posted:

you should indeed purchase crimzon clover right now.

"i'm not good at shmups"
crimzon clover has a novice mode that will ease you into the game while not being insultingly easy. there is also a training mode that lets you practice any stage or boss you want under any conditions to help you practice parts you're having trouble with

"i want to try these kinds of games but they always have half naked anime girls all over them"
none of that in crimzon clover, friend! this game is certified 0% anime for those of you who are allergic or choose not to include it in your diet.

"i like shmups, why should i get this one"
crimzon clover offers solid gameplay, powerful shooting feel, scoring is intuitive and fun, four playable ships, nice and good explosions, online leaderboards, four modes of gameplay including a caravan mode! when's the last time you saw one of those?

"these games are too expensive for how long they are"
you can purchase crimzon clover for the princely sum of only $9.99 USD on Steam, and chances are you'll spend a long time on it if you don't commit the cardinal sin of credit feeding just to beat the game!

in summation, crimzon clover is my choice for Shmup of the Decade, at least until we get crimzon clover 2...???
well im sold

it's going straight to the wishlist.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just realized that Crimzon Clover was not in-fact a clever typo but rather the actual title of the game. For shame, still buying.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Jets'n'Guns Gold is a good shmup with excellent music and many wepons and upgrades. Buy that too. (Only for $6.9)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/262260/

e: it has healthbar

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Those CAVE games on the iphone were pretty awesome, a bit overpriced though. Will try this.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Type Z got nerfed hard on the steam release.

Caravan mode is cool.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

thuly posted:

Type Z got nerfed hard on the steam release.

Caravan mode is cool.

yesterday i realized that Type-III is really good for survival bc the stage 3 boss and stage 5 boss jumping attack had been giving me lots of trouble. type-3 kills em faster and is fast enough for the spinning lasers.

still workin on my 1cc of the new version.

ps: good job on the notepad action in the end of your reading vid

discount cathouse fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jul 19, 2014

Voltek
Apr 19, 2013
Danmaku Unlimited 2 is also a pretty good cave-like shmup and has good options for beginners (like me). It's also got a point allocation system which lets you pick between more firepower or survivability, which makes for a good risk/reward system.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

thuly posted:

Luftrausers is a euroshump

I guess so, it just also has gravity and thrust instead of just free movement, doesn't autoscroll, etc. No need to sperg over what a shmup is, its just about as far from Cave games as you can possibly be while still falling under that. It's a fun game and it's worth the price when it's on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Astebreed is cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlj2hl0NQa8

• Locked thread