Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Hello, this is the Imp Zone so I assume we're all gamers here. Nothing is more important to a gaming enthusiast than that cherished memory of their first rescued princess, speaking metaphorically of course. Please, use this thread to share the first game you've ever beaten solo, no help from parents, friends, or siblings. The first game I ever beat was Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

super mario bros 3

warp whistle twice then onto the dark world bitch

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Blade runner? Nah it was probably some Sega game but blade runner was memorable

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Paper Mario, OP.

touyouki
Mar 11, 2010

heh
does it count if i beat it in co-op first? if yes then i think it was streets of rage if not it was either super mario 64 or that star wars racing game (it owned so much)

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
twisted metal 2, OP

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
call of duty ghosts

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
F-zero or donkey kong country both happened within the same weekend and I was like 5 so I don't remember which.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
sonic 2

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
actually i can't remember if i beat alex kidd in miracle world before that
probably not because that last brown castle was a bitch

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
does beating my dad in GORILLA.BAS count

i beat the shareware episode of monuments of mars once when i was a tiny babby hog butcher

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
kirby's dream land 2 but i didn't get the good ending when i was a kid.

if edutainment counts then i am pretty sure that i beat numbermaze on the highest difficulty settings approximately ten thousand times

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Pitfall

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i beat super mario land 2 but it's more of an endurance contest than a challenge because it's easy as gently caress but it's so long and boring

worst mario game

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
super mario brothers 3.
i managed to complete it in about 7 hours start to finish without using warps and doing every single level. i was p. proud of that

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
Nobody ever helped me beat games even when I was a kid so it was probably either Pitfall or Dungeons & Dragons for the Intellivision, since those were the first games I remember playing that actually ended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDVwAXVJ3w

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Video Viddy Games posted:

super mario brothers 3.
i managed to complete it in about 7 hours start to finish without using warps and doing every single level. i was p. proud of that

drat that's impressive. i always just left it on overnight whenever i did a full run

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
A Link to the Past was my first solo victory. :unsmith:

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Kirby's Adventure, or w/e that first gameboy kirby was called.

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

kingdom hearts :(
I had friends over and we played together/I passed my game boy around a lot whenever I got the slightest bit frustrated or wanted a break (I was never good at 2d marios...) so it took a while. way longer than I thought now that I think about it.
it's me. I'm the manbaby

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Psycobladder posted:

Kirby's Adventure, or w/e that first gameboy kirby was called.

kirby's dreamland is baller as gently caress and if you beat extra mode w/ 1 life 1 health you are a gaming pro

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i think it was super metroid or super mario world, im not sure.

rye on white
May 5, 2013
kirby nightmare in dream land or yoshis island, i cant really remember but it was one of those two

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
mario bros 1 on the nes

i count it as beat because i was like 7 and got to bowser in castle 8

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level
I think it was Pac Man 2: The new adventures when I was like 6-7, assuming winning monopoly for the Genesis doesn't count. Sonic 2/ Earthworm Jim's defeat didn't come until later.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Pajama Sam, OP.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
either Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers or Ducktales. probably C&D because it was the first non-SMB pack-in game I got for my NES, but Ducktales was way easier

I beat it again recently. Good poo poo.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Coop was the power rangers movie game on sega. By myself would be Super Mario World. Never got past the balloon special stage, though :(

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

JethroMcB posted:

either Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers or Ducktales. probably C&D because it was the first non-SMB pack-in game I got for my NES, but Ducktales was way easier

I beat it again recently. Good poo poo.

never play rescue rangers co-op because your douchebag sibling will throw you into enemies for laughs

it's me i was the douchebag.

ducktales was amazing but i had the guide that was written using an early beta and all the monsters were different and i beat the game multiple times on every difficulty trying to find those monsters

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Pong

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
First smb

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I never beat a game as a kid because i'm stupid as poo poo

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Crash Bandicoot: Warped for the Playstation

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

watch_dogs

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
My brother beat mpst of our games, so I never felt like beating them.
Pokemon Blue

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Hog Butcher posted:

never play rescue rangers co-op because your douchebag sibling will throw you into enemies for laughs

it's me i was the douchebag.

ducktales was amazing but i had the guide that was written using an early beta and all the monsters were different and i beat the game multiple times on every difficulty trying to find those monsters

yeah I don't know that my best (only) friend in elementary school and I ever advanced beyond like level 2 in C&D co-op

ducktales, though, we'd pass the controller on. got to the point where we could beat it in like 45 minutes. came up with some very elaborate theories about how scrooge spent all that money, what kind of shity gifts he'd buy huey dewy & louie to humor them

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Megaman X except I got stuck forever on a jump on sigma 1 because I couldn't dash jump yet I somehow got that far?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dark's Souls for the SNES.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Dryzen posted:

Megaman X except I got stuck forever on a jump on sigma 1 because I couldn't dash jump yet I somehow got that far?

yellow temperance is so good in the second arcade fighting game, thanks for reminding me

i don't know how you miss the dash capsule unintentionally`

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Hog Butcher posted:

yellow temperance is so good in the second arcade fighting game, thanks for reminding me

i don't know how you miss the dash capsule unintentionally`

It wasn't that I missed the dash capsule it's that stupid kid me was unable to dash and jump at the same time in order to make it high enough up to reach a ledge. I am pretty sure I would just spend all of my weapon energy trying to somehow get up because I was really stupid

• Locked thread