Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Taking my first shot at making broth for tonkotsu ramen today. Wish me luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I got some nukazuke bed mixture from the local Japanese market because it was there and cheap. Any recommendations for a container for a small bed?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Scythe posted:

asking a friend to come by and stir my weird pickle pot

:heysexy:

But yeah I tried it a long time ago (gently caress like nearly a decade ago? When did I get so old) and the daily stirring did not last long but I'm ready to give it another go

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
It was almost certainly calling for half regular Japanese soy sauce and half usukuchi

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

TychoCelchuuu posted:

There are lots of similarities between miso and soy sauce, yes. One traditional way of making soy sauce is to collect the liquid that comes out when you make miso! Like soy sauce, you don't want to eat spoonfuls of it unless you are a salt fiend.

It's me the salt fiend. I can eat shiro miso by the spoonful

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I had a zojirushi for years but it got broken in a move. Switched to a tiger and I wish I would've stayed with zojirushi

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Umeboshi is a wild idea. My wife loves them so I'll have to give it a shot

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
That stuff is great for miso soup just drop it in hot water and stir. I haven't had any issues with it going off after a year or two so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I buy the dashi miso and just pour some hot water in it v:shobon:v