Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!
I'm looking for some really good, aggressive, smoky katsuoboshi. Any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!

Y-Hat posted:

For me, the problem with Japanese food is that I have no idea where to get specific ingredients. I'm sure that there are a few Japanese food stores in NYC, but it's a matter of knowing where they are. Once I do know, however, I'll be ready to go shopping.

There's three Sunrise Marts in Manhattan. One in SoHo, one by Astor Place, and one by Grand Central Terminal. You can also find a lot of ingredients for Japanese food at Korean and Chinese groceries, like H-Mart in K-Town, M2M in the East Village, Hong Kong Supermarket and New York Mart in Chinatown. I'm not too sure about the other boroughs though.

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!
Weirdly can't find a precise recipe for the miso in mori kyuu, one of my favorite snacks, and I've got a bunch of Japanese cucumber in the garden. Any leads?

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!
I'm not a fan of natto as the dominant taste in something, but I didn't get mad until he broke the spaghetti in three