Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

I no longer trust any of the Japanese "it must be this exact way" rules. Some of them turn out to be right, but plenty are just "old person told me this we cannot alter the tradition!!" stuff that don't hold up to a rigorous test.
This is how literally every single God drat thing is in Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah, I lived in Asia for long enough to learn to be suspicious of anything that smells of tradition.
Women can't make sushi, because their hands are too warm and the rice falls apart. Of course.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

has anyone ever seen The Premium Malt's in the US? i want that warm fuzzy pregaming for goldengai feeling again

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Stringent posted:

I hope not, it's the worst beer in Japan.
the words of a man who has not tried many japanese beers

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Stringent posted:

Don't sign your posts.
likewise, b*tch

Stringent posted:

Here's what they had at Yodobashi in Akihabara.

i have the middle one and it's excellent.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

kirin ichiban aint half bad :shrug:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

wow i forgot all about chita, that poo poo is foul.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Went to a soju place with some Singaporean friends the night we finished grad school. Never again, man.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Anyone have a great shoyu ikura marinade recipe? I want to get this right.

e: also, has anyone gotten uni from H-Mart? Is it any good?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Posted about this in the kitchen equipment thread but didn’t get any replies :(

I’m looking to buy a high quality, nonstick, medium sized makiyakinabe (“tamagoyaki pan” if you will.) Would love recommendations.