Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

For anyone willing to try some easier recipes to get a grasp of some basic Japanese home cooking I recommend this book:

http://www.booktopia.com.au/japanese-soul-cooking-tadashi-ono/prod9781607743521.html?source=pla&gclid=CPrBrquC2sICFUcIvAod0iUAKg

My recommendation from this book is their karaage, Nagoya Tebasaki, and their Osaka Okonomiyaki. My housemate complains we "eat too much asian food" (usually only once a week, but the guy also thought we'd been through 5x1.6 litre bottles of kikkoman, you can tell who doesn't cook in the house!!) but even if he hears the word Okonomiyaki, he gets excited about dinner because I follow their batter recipe then add the flavour of the day to it. It's fantastic with thinly sliced smoky bacon, but even traditionally with thin pork belly is great.

Also their Tebasaki is something else. Super umami rich sauce

And also Ivan Ramen is pretty good. His ramen is ridiculously detailed and time consuming, but stupidly delicious. But his best recommendations are usually those to use up leftovers. His teriyaki chicken is fantastic, you fry it in chicken fat :agesilaus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU