Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I took my mom out for ramen today and multiple times she said “I need to learn to makes this”. What’s the best ramen cookbook?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Scythe posted:

The recipes in the beginning of “Japanese Soul Cooking” by Ono and Salat are good starting points.

Ramen_Lord’s book of ramen has more detail than almost anyone needs.

That soul cooking book might work. I was hoping that there would be something specifically about Ramen, I know there’s a billion variations.

My mom is far from tech illiterate, but she’s not going to be opening up a google doc in her spare time. It’s gotta be a physical book.

Gaius Marius posted:

The back of a Sapporo Ichiban

Gaius please

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

My mom wants to learn how to cook ramen. I got her a ramen cookbook, and I also want to get her stuff for ramen that might be hard to source at her regular grocery stores, HEB and Trader Joes. I've already got a bottle of mirin, is there anything else I should add to this ramen starter kit?