Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
After 4 years of using my zoji, i have only had teflon come off if metal tools scratch it off. No peeling from ordinary use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I don't know but I really wouldn't worry about it. I'm willing to believe that the bowl will last the lifespan of the appliance.

Even on the areas where I have scratched off the teflon, rice is not sticking to it at all since it makes up such a small percentage of the surface area.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Yeah echoing this. Five years with a Zojirushi and the teflon is pristine. Just don't use metal tools with it.

And having a brown rice setting owns.

E: as does being able to put rice in it before you go to work, and come home to only have to prep toppings.

as is programming it for breakfast, which reminds me that I need to try some jook asap