Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

5MinuteButtermilk posted:

So what do you nice people think about Japanese-style curry? I haven't seen many posts on it, but it's something I make a lot, especially in winter. I use Yuko Ota's recipe, and I've always found it to be very good.

I've pretty much existed on it for the last month or so because I've been so busy. I was going to write up an effort recipe thread on it when I got some time. I make mine from scratch though because some of the roux bricks have pnut butter and I'm allergic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Fooley posted:

One thing I've found is curry bricks make a LOT of roux. Like, triple what the box asks for (except the water) and you'll be set for a couple days.

really? It's way thin if you put more water than it asks for. It's supposed to be hilariously goopy and thick.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

5MinuteButtermilk posted:

Delicious and trashy is exactly what it is. It is probably one of the least healthy meals I make, but it's so good. Eating it on a cold winter day is a joy.

I just dipped a hot dog in a bun in Japanese curry sauce like a French dip sandwich. No regrets. Trashy as hell but turn down for what.