Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

I want an gif that alternatives between today's Legia effort and last year's "Ultra Extreme Fanatical Atmosphere" banner (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GJvzdqSA1Q and go to about 1:40 if you have no patience).

Also, a Serie A team is winning big in a CL/EL match of any sort...be still my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

jre posted:

As amazing as that banner is, uefa are going to gently caress your poo poo up for that. We got fined 25,000 euro for a tiny "gently caress uefa" banner at an away game

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...st-Udinese.html

I don't think you're aware of just how many times our stadium has been closed. The fines have gone into hundreds of thousands. The ultras still don't give a poo poo.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Meanwhile, 2-0 to Legia. A penalty. I'll take it.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Gladbach up 6 goals now, hattrick by Hrothga.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Healbot posted:

Gladbach up 6 goals now, hattrick by Hrothga.

Gesundheit!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Vexin posted:

Also, a Serie A team is winning big in a CL/EL match of any sort...be still my heart.

Both current EL teams are through. This has to be a first.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Well I'll be. HJK becoming the first Finnish club to get to the Europa League group stage. I expect Rapid will be sacking their manager after this embarrassment.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Dembele is hench.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

ephex posted:

Gesundheit!

Thanks, what I wanted to say was Hitler there.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
What the gently caress happened in the Partizan game? 4 red cards? What the poo poo?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Blinkz0rz posted:

What the gently caress happened in the Partizan game? 4 red cards? What the poo poo?

Baku players getting rowdy at the end of game I imagine.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Harry Kane is capable of some nice touches and tricks but doesn't seem to realise how slow he is. Every time he makes half a yard for himself it disappears before he does anything with it.

Townsend is a garbageman who spent 80 minutes in the pocket of a random greek.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Legia through. 2-0 after a very, very poor game.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

mackintosh posted:

Legia through. 2-0 after a very, very poor game.

through for now

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

greazeball posted:

through for now

Oh we're not getting past the group stage, don't worry.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

A few big teams got bounced from the Europa League tonight: Lokomotiv Moscow, Real Sociedad, Lyon, Hajduk Split, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Twente, Hull City Tigers AFC and Rapid Vienna all lost their ties.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
and big man Christopher Samba mauled a goalie to get Dynamo Moscow through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGk6AoRHQA4&t=20s

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

mackintosh posted:

it doesn't really matter, cause we're getting banned again

cool banner but i don't see how it's celtics fault that legia hosed up.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Pantsuit posted:

cool banner but i don't see how it's celtics fault that legia hosed up.

it isn't and the banner doesn't imply that it was

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

mackintosh posted:

it isn't and the banner doesn't imply that it was
"football" in legia colours and "money" in celtic colours

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Chris de Sperg posted:

"football" in legia colours and "money" in celtic colours

yeah, they're having a go at uefa choosing money (Celtic being the bigger draw) over football (Legia trashing them 6-1)

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Here's something we can all agree on: celtic are poo poo and a rotten club and ireland should be ashamed of itself

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

chuggo is BACK posted:

Here's something we can all agree on: celtic are poo poo and a rotten club and ireland should be ashamed of itself

Hey, no gaslighting in this thread. FYI all you new arsenal fans, Celtic plays in Scotland and chuggo is a troll.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

mackintosh posted:

it doesn't really matter, cause we're getting banned again

Pretty great but should have had Platini's face on the pig body.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I don't get why Legia are so mad, don't field ineligible players, fucker idiots.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Ninpo posted:

I don't get why Legia are so mad, don't field ineligible players, fucker idiots.

This might be a controversial opinion but its because ultras are dumb as poo poo.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ninpo posted:

I think I read a similar circumstance in 2010 led to a small fine, not a forfeit that knocked the club out of the competition.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Edit: never mind they did field him for a few minutes

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

calcio posted:

Pretty great but should have had Platini's face on the pig body.

that isn't Platini's face?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

RVProfootballer posted:

I think I read a similar circumstance in 2010 led to a small fine, not a forfeit that knocked the club out of the competition.

quote:

However, in 2010, Uefa fined Debrecen £15,000 but rejected a protest from opponents Litex Lovech, who wanted the Hungarian side kicked out of the tournament for fielding an ineligible player.

The reason they got a fine was the player was mis-registered not banned. Different rule with a different sanction.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Why is this still getting discussed.

Yes, Legia fielded an ineligible player in the 86th minute of the return leg with the aggregate score 6-1. The player in question had been suspended due to a red card he got last year. He did sit out his suspension (he did not play against St Pat's and in the first leg against Celtic, while otherwise being fit), but due to an inexperienced team manager's omission was not properly registered for St Pat games. Those are the facts.

UEFA could have made a ruling "in the spirit of the game" that would take into account that the player's presence on the field had literally no bearing on the tie. UEFA's regulations weren't handed down by God and have been bent and twisted to suit UEFA for decades.

If anyone here thinks UEFA would have expelled Real, City, Barca, Bayern or any other major team over something like this, you're retarded, please remove yourself from the gene pool.

The morals of the story are that UEFA will always side with the "bigger" team because that's where the ratings and the money is, Legia should stop setting its stadium on fire and pissing UEFA off every single time and women have no place in association football.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Legia are a bigger team than piss poor celtic at this point lol

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

mackintosh posted:

Yes, Legia fielded an ineligible player in the 86th minute of the return leg with the aggregate score 6-1. The player in question had been suspended due to a red card he got last year. He did sit out his suspension (he did not play against St Pat's and in the first leg against Celtic, while otherwise being fit), but due to an inexperienced team manager's omission was not properly registered for St Pat games. Those are the facts.

UEFA could have made a ruling "in the spirit of the game" that would take into account that the player's presence on the field had literally no bearing on the tie. UEFA's regulations weren't handed down by God and have been bent and twisted to suit UEFA for decades.

If anyone here thinks UEFA would have expelled Real, City, Barca, Bayern or any other major team over something like this, you're retarded, please remove yourself from the gene pool.

The morals of the story are that UEFA will always side with the "bigger" team because that's where the ratings and the money is, Legia should stop setting its stadium on fire and pissing UEFA off every single time and women have no place in association football.

Nice meltdown

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Dunban posted:

Nice meltdown

Thank you. I lovingly crafted it to elicit a response from unique snowflakes.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

mackintosh posted:

I hate Celtic as much as anyone but this is a proper meltdown, especially considering you're actually a Real Madrid fan.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Spurs vs besiktas should be tasty.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
holy poo poo we have a chance unless they're going to boot us again, lol

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
oh lookie, it's jurek

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Some actual interesting games shaping up this year in the wafer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
come on give us some russians

• Locked thread