Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
the problem with dota is that even casual mention of it in a thread eventually assimilates that thread into an earnest dota thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

zen death robot posted:

just because there's a threat doesn't mean it'll be enforced

fair enough, I trust you and zoq fot to show wisdom in this matter

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

the problem with dota is that even casual mention of it in a thread eventually assimilates that thread into an earnest dota thread

This seems somewhat like the old furry/MLP stuff from the before time

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

this game looks really good, and I bet it's really fun, to play.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Widestancer posted:

This seems somewhat like the old furry/MLP stuff from the before time

The difference is that with dota the derails are caused by people that play it, the furry/pony poo poo was caused by people that wanted everybody else to know how much they hated those things and anybody associated with them.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

The difference is that with dota the derails are caused by people that play it, the furry/pony poo poo was caused by people that wanted everybody else to know how much they hated those things and anybody associated with them.

I'm going to hazard that the furry/pony people who went out of the way to talk about how much they hated them probably were the furries/ponies all along

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

this game looks really good, and I bet it's really fun, to play.

that looks like a mod, or maybe a really cool glitch, because one of the characters is about to fire like a million super lasers when she's only supposed to shoot one

whatever it is i want to play it and fire all those lasers as well

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

lesbian baphomet posted:

that looks like a mod, or maybe a really cool glitch, because one of the characters is about to fire like a million super lasers when she's only supposed to shoot one

whatever it is i want to play it and fire all those lasers as well

It's the current gimmick mode. It's players vs bots that have crazy poo poo like that

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

It's the current gimmick mode. It's players vs bots that have crazy poo poo like that

good poo poo.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

DOOM BOTS

If you haven't beaten level 5 doom bots then you haven't lived/are a bitch rear end pussy nigga.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Katarina is extremely sexy to me, and her jumps probably translate quite well sexually.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

zen death robot posted:

i've updated the rules:

"Keep DOTA talk to the designated DOTA thread, any deviation from this at all will be dealt with harshly."

I'm not happy about it but it seems like it had to be done.

It didn't have to be done and you're misunderstanding the point of fyad lites. Just brutally flame and troll anyone who posts about dota.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

It didn't have to be done and you're misunderstanding the point of fyad lites. Just brutally flame and troll anyone who posts about dota.

This.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Also rename the dota thread to dota ghetto.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

qnqnx posted:

Also rename the dota thread to dota ghetto.

I'm glad that this happened

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

I watched some videos and I could tell from that the game was an exercise in frustration. The characters and everything are all really cool looking it's just they need to be in a different game.

Seriously they wrote pages and pages of dota lore, and none of the maps ever depict any of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

• Locked thread