Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

DaveKap posted:

Never forget that the folks currently making the King's Quest series took money to develop it then never returned a product, thus why the project is in the shambles it's in.

I feel like everyone who keeps parroting this defense needs to also realize that perhaps working for a dude who continued to have issues with creeping scope and unreliable deadlines did more damage than the guys who put out a pretty good game on a barely-slipping timetable when out from under Hussie.

I'm just saying, King's Quest came out and was pretty solid, and meanwhile the smell of that other tire fire keeps wafting closer on the breeze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

The White Dragon posted:

fun fact, people who have been really into kingdom hearts since day one have this same problem

I wish I could say this but no, I can definitely still rattle off about 99% of it without issue. Including the mobile game.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Orv posted:

I still haven't played it because people wouldn't shut up about it. Which is vaguely petty, but I think everyone has had something of that sort where it's basically reverse peer pressure. Indie video games especially tend to attract evangelists like that, for whatever reason.

You've seen my review, that'll carry you.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Freak Futanari posted:

Anyway if we're all posting video game music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kotm5pBNsFc

Probably one of my favorite game soundtracks, period, because it's like the rear end in a top hat cousin to Armored Core's music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RapvIBoMeIM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TwWmoKrZPU

Yes I know these are all from the game where half the music was remixes of old tracks. That does not keep them from rocking when you're blowing poo poo up in a robot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGBPIv_3P98

\/\/ edit: In that vein, the same composer went a bit bugnuts on Digital Devil Saga.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4PCOAJ80lo

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 22, 2017

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

WMain00 posted:

Quantum Break is on sale. Is it any good at all?

It's a real mess. The gameplay is bog-standard, but then there's the whole "half-hour episodes of a TV show between stages" thing.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Can you skip the TV show bits?

They are, but it's going to turn the story in the actual game into swiss cheese at parts.

Basically QB is "you either want another story from this studio, or don't buy it" because going into that for gameplay-only is a mistake

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
It has a good cast delivering some Remedy-rear end lines.

It has camp value?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Light Gun Man posted:

So with the changes to card drops are idlemaster and so on totally useless now, or is there a new alternative program that fakes all that poo poo for you?

What? No, Idle Master still works, if I read that right, it's that the games will no longer start with cards. It's going to require a percentage of players having played/achieved things before they appear, and playtime will retroactively grant drops.

Or did they clarify that elsewhere and I missed it?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Drifter posted:

If I disliked the second season and didn't give a poo poo enough to try the michonne spinoff, should I even bother with this season 3?

Nope! Just don't.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

A good poster posted:

I heard there was a QTE for throwing baby Kazuya off the cliff as Heihachi. Is this true?

Yes. Yes it is.

https://twitter.com/MrSwoon/status/870498436105121792

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Better than you'd expect as an RPG. I'd say it's superior to Wizardy-likes but I loving hate Wizardry clones

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Is Eric Wolpaw gone?

I believe he left earlier in the year.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Justin_Brett posted:

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/accolade-returns-announces-bubsy-woolies-strike-back-ps4-pc

Those of you who bought Two-Fur will be happy to learn of this, I'm sure.

I am. I am so happy to learn of this. My quest to hype up cat-based platformers into revivals is now 2 for 2.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Largepotato posted:

A new NepNep game was just released. :toot:

It's relatively fun and as should be obvious from the title: the more Sega history and trivia you know, the more you'll get out of this one. (example: there are Dragon Quest style Mini Medal collectables in this one, baseballs. You return them to an old Sega arcade pitching game.)

Also they changed up the battle system a bit and designed some new dungeon setups that involve a bit of platforming and verticality in ways this series hasn't before.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 13, 2017

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Jamfrost posted:

I'll make it to level 100 and then people will respect me. You'll see. You'll all see.

The badges call to me.

I'm in the triple digits and it did indeed help: because now every single level is so prohibitively expensive that I'm just done with it.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
It's beginning 10A PST Thursday because it's starting in the weekend sale slot.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Quest For Glory II posted:

oh yeah you might want to get your card drops now because I think drops are throttled during sales? I might be wrong but I remember them being temporarily throttled in the past

It's not a throttle, it's that the first day or so of the sale, and especially around the daily changeover of the site, poo poo gets so hammered the card drop scripting is one of the things disabled to keep the store running. It's why if you're idling you tend to get things as a massive block later in the day when it calculates back-timing

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

1. Why doesn't SAM work for that

There's a class of achievement known as "server-side" that can't be changed by users, meaning SAM is useless on it.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

DrNutt posted:

I was thinking of picking up Chip's Challenge for nostalgia's sake but apparently it's got always online DRM? That's so stupid I refuse to give them any money for that.

What? No it doesn't. The thing is one of my go-to offline titles.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Synthbuttrange posted:

video games are extremely badass

oh yeah

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Okay, that highlighted bit is a cute way to handle "we hosed up", Steam.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Xander77 posted:

Where can you see that?

Go to Badges, and then click "How do I earn more?" on Summer Sale 2017.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

monster on a stick posted:

Has anyone gotten anything good from the Green Man Gaming loot boxes?

I got a $50 credit in the one I bought. Paid for itself.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

IronicDongz posted:

so why are you buying them

I feel like this is a question I ask people with big steam libraries fairly often but I don't feel like I've ever gotten a good answer

As one of the largest offenders*: it's probably a tipping point between legit mental illness and addictive behavior combined with the fact that most of that swell came from a) bundles during the card explosion where I could get 5-20 games for $1-10, b) selling 3000-6000 cards per sale nets you a lot of Steam wallet for sales (doubly so when you're an idiot like me who spent most of a year buying anything that went under a buck), and c) the fact that while I recognized gambling addiction and alcoholism as actual poo poo I Needed To Work On, I never really had an intervention or a long dark night of the soul from buying Titty VN Bundle Jam 19. Instead I just reached a point where the games being sold for sub-.99 prices were utter poo poo I didn't want (which was saying something), combined with most bundles containing, at most, one or two games I didn't have already, making the value way shittier, and my brain went "Y'know, any more cash in this vein is probably a waste!"

I did my usual pre-sale ritual of listing and dumping cards for credit, and of ~$150, I spent about $30 on myself this sale and the rest went to covering friends' birthdays and retaliating when folks would send me something nice out of the blue.

I don't know if that's a "good answer" but it's nice to actually look at my habits and realize I'm massively less self destructive than I once was? Having a new job that isn't a depressing fuckfest also probably contributes, thinking on it. Actually god drat, wow, this really makes me feel a lot better about my life when I look at the difference a single year makes.

* This count was actually way higher before the change this past week where delisted titles no longer count, it was perilously close to 5500.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jul 7, 2017

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Turd Herder posted:

Good job on changing but this seems sad that your most played game was dinner date.

"Was"?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Cowcaster posted:

warframe seems to me like if an ADD riddled 14 year old was responsible for game direction and the development team was tasked with adding whatever random thing he saw or played in the last 13 seconds to the game regardless of content or merit

This is an excellent summary of it. Very rarely are things REMOVED, complete or not, but there's a constant stream of new toys and ideas all the time.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Rookersh posted:

X Blades, Blood Knights, First Templar, Front Mission Evolved, Inversion, and Korra are all not really worth your time. I liked them, but I liked them in a "hey the 360 was still out and I ran out of other stuff to play at the time" sort of way

You are being way too kind to Front Mission Evolved, one of the slowest giant robot games you can play, period, and not because it's simulationist or anything - no, it's because every motherfucker has way too much HP, the levels are massive and you have a booster that runs out in two or three seconds so it has to keep charging, and boss fights revolve around you building up a super mode to do any real damage most of the time, but that, too, is its own tedium.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

QuarkJets posted:

I think my Hours Played are bugged out; pretty sure I did a pretty thorough job of beating Arkham Asylum and Arkham City but they each only have about 12 hours logged. And I played a shitload of Left 4 Dead 2 in college but only have 25 hours logged. Meanwhile, Warlock 2, a game I've never even installed, has 18 hours logged

There was some kind of period at which stats were reset or if they're ??? years old I think it wiped? I know I noticed this bug once when I was inspired to replay all the HL2 games and vanilla/Ep1 were missing any time whatsoever.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I'd look mine up but it hardlocks the Steam client if I try to check. Seriously, try it yourself, I've had people tell me it crashes their web browsers too. http://steamcommunity.com/id/astring/games/?tab=all

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

StrixNebulosa posted:

Okay, wait, Winter Voices has a really good story, but not 300 hours worth of content....?

I helped beta test it when it was coming back to sale with the new engine. It involved a lot of playthroughs and trying to deliberately break it.

The Iron Rose posted:

what have you done

Steam's lovely, lovely backend was clearly never meant to handle over 4000 (or less? this was just when I began noticing that bug) titles, but I seem to be in a vast minority to the point that nobody ever bothers fixing it.

Hah, who am I kidding, it's Valve, this could begin affecting 75% of customers tomorrow and they'd still drag their feet unless a lawsuit got involved.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Morter posted:

Well, this just got dark

Treasures of Montezuma 4 was the first in that series I bought, and it was batshit. The two others in the series they've put out on Steam since don't have the wild-rear end story mode, and it disappoints me, even if they're really fun match-3.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Morter posted:

Is the 'action' in 5 as good as 4? 3 disappointed me, so I dropped it, but having just finished the Story Mode, I just started quest mode and my reaction was a legitimate ":aaa:". I bought the three Treasure games along with a couple of other dumb games for like, less than 2 dollars, and I'm getting an amazing amount of time/replay value (currently trying to Gold all of the story missions) out of it.

Yeah, 5 plays just as well as 4 (3 is, obviously, a step back), it's just that none save 4 have the werewolf conquistador love story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Cojawfee posted:

There should be a steam simulator where you add games to your library and you just categorize them and then never play them.

Been done to a degree.

• Locked thread