Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lechunnel
Jun 16, 2007

Is that Ivana Trump?
Splinter Cell: Blacklist is $7.50 on Humble Store now, and $17 for the Deluxe Edition on GetGames.

Does the extra $10 net you anything particularly worthwhile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lechunnel
Jun 16, 2007

Is that Ivana Trump?
Looking for a game recommendation. I'm sick and couch-bound, need some sort of vaguely Gauntlet-style game that supports controller and hopefully involves blowing up lots of baddies, in return for loot/XP.

I say 'Gauntlet-style' because I'm also including things like Sacred Citadel, Castle Crashers, Borderlands (all of which I'm done with), and so on. Single-player only is fine, but a buddy of mine is keen on the actual Gauntlet game coming out soon, so anything multi would also be appreciated.

lechunnel
Jun 16, 2007

Is that Ivana Trump?
Gonna pick up Mark of the Ninja. Is the DLC worth it at all? I don't care about the dev commentary but apparently it has some items for the main game?

lechunnel
Jun 16, 2007

Is that Ivana Trump?
Anyone know much about the two recent Need For Speed games (Rivals and Most Wanted)? I want to race a buddy or two but want to make sure AI cars are included in the online races. One of the few things I didn't like about Burnout Paradise was that if you played with just a couple of buddies, there were no AIs racers in the races.

Also it seems like Most Wanted is more well-liked than Rivals, right? The powerups in Rivals seem too arcadey for me - are they absent from MW?

lechunnel
Jun 16, 2007

Is that Ivana Trump?
What's a game that's like FTL but without the roguey type stuff (dying repeatedly only to restart from scratch)? I just want to cruise around the randomised world having adventures and upgrading my ship forever. Doesn't have to be sci-fi - could be fantasy or anything else. Something with exploration, upgrading and not real time action (don't want a clickfest like Diablo).

Did The Last Federation turn out to be okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lechunnel
Jun 16, 2007

Is that Ivana Trump?
What are some of the better adventure games on Steam? For reference, I haven't played one since Blade Runner circa 2001. And there's evidently a loving shitload of point 'n clickers on Steam now.

I guess I'm not looking so much at the choose your own adventure Telltale-style games (though I haven't touched them, so maybe I should try them out).

Ones that grabbed my interest are like Machinarium, Technobabylon, etc. Something with a cool world, graphic style and puzzles/story to navigate through.

• Locked thread