Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

I'm ok with this, only if Tecman gets a name change to Ozymandias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Wait what what's the third steam thread

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

I said come in what is your steam profile.

I wanna be friends with a fellow IBD sufferer.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/1337b34ts/home/

lordfrikk posted:

Might wanna add the info on gifters, I believe it was still up to date.

Good advice.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Imp Zone (47 users browsing)

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Is Imp Zone the new YCS or something?

I thought YCS was ok, they had that cool roguelike thread, and were p chill people.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

zen death robot posted:

There aren't any anime threads so that's probably why you can't call it the new YCS.

more reason why it's not as good

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

zen death robot posted:

Ralp keeps gassing them, not like I give a poo poo, really.

more reason why he's not as good

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

didn'ta ll the old YCSers go to some offsite forum when The Cancer finally killed the subforum? Did any come back?

I don't recognize any of these people

Lock fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 18, 2014

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Palpek posted:

I might start a sale thread today as the gems talk is taking over this thread big time and it's definitely a sale subject.

Sounds like a good idea.

I always look forward to those threads. Well, except for the begging and the whining over how 'bad' this sale is and how stupid the gimmick is and blargh. But except for the overentitled, I do enjoy this time of year!

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

NaDy posted:

Yeah holy poo poo that was a funny way to start the day.

Is the done thing with trading cards still just to sell them as soon as you get them? I don't care about the badges, I just want the sliver of money from selling them.

It's what I've been doing since the beta, and I've made over $200 doing it even without getting lucky with gaming the system.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Don't feel too bad. People in here always insist that sites like G2A are legit, only they mean "well the keys mostly seem to work!" as opposed to "this site doesn't have anything to do with keys obtained through theft or region fuckery".

Yeah, that's unfortunate. I'm all about some deals but I'm not so hard up that I'd wanna support jackasses being jackasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Hashy posted:

Silently forget to list your new game on the front page on release day. Stop offering you positions in sales. Give other publishers preferential treatment in issues that would translate directly to sales for you. All of these risks are implied in anything like this.

If you're anything but broke and are being personally asked to donate a few hundred copies to them you'd do well to just absorb the cost to maintain the best possible relationship with the only real player in digital distribution. I think it's a line crossed for Valve to even ask if it's not a charity scenario.

You are overreacting to this nonissue so terribly it isn't even funny. You are jumping to the conclusion that steam gives a poo poo if your tiny rear end dev group doesn't want to take part in this optional promotion (hint steam don't care either way unless you honestly believe every big company is literally satan in which case why are you using steam in the first place).

• Locked thread