Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I've wanted a racing game for a very long time. Should I buy GRID Autosport for $15? ( :canada: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Castle in the Darkness is a good pickup for ~$5 for the retro sidescroller w/RPG elements fan. Think Wonderboy, Castlevania etc. Controls are very responsive, pretty much perfect. Plenty of secrets, items. Just finished it with a 70% completion rate, and I combed over the whole map a couple times looking for secrets and still missed some stuff. I would have liked a little more from it but the whole game was pretty much made by one guy

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

That's very harsh. There are only a few of those and spaced throughout the game, and there are usually warnings, such as blocks appearing differently so you can see you can fall through them. The game is kinda cruel, spikes and such will kill instantly, but save points are aplenty. No, unfortunately there is no map system, but the game isn't all that huge. I think the game is a very good first stepping stone and a sequel could be epic

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Trying to play Carmageddon the other night, I couldn't get any input response from the controller (360 pad) although when I pressed something it would actually change from keys to buttons on the instructions on the bottom of the screen, same thing if I went into control mappings. It had been working before. Same thing again here this morning, but this time I'm trying to stream re4 from my desktop onto my living room HTPC using in-home streaming, I can get past press any key and get the same kinda response in the controls section, but no other response from pressing anything. This a common thing someone might be able to shed some light on?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Hate everything? Hate yourself even a little more? Try Volgarr the Viking.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Freak Futanari posted:

I think Borderlands and Borderlands 2 are both great, even in single player, but people should steer away from The Pre-Sequel because the writing is way worse, the environments are incredibly bland and samey, and none of the new gameplay elements add anything besides annoyance.

This except 2 was garbage too as far as I'm concerned.

So Tie Fighter and X Wing aren't going on sale oh ok

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Morter posted:

Ooh yes, any input? I also had my eye on this

Its a kickstarer game. I don't know if its been updated at all but it was fairly unpolished as you might expect when I last played it, but not horrible. For cheap I wouldn't recommend against it, to scratch that road rash itch.

I need a new gamepad. I got this Hori 360 pad (gempad ex or something) as the only thing I use a gamepad for is side scrollers and fighting games and we all know what a piece of absolute poo poo the official 360 dpad is. It still pales though compared to the holy grail, the PlayStation controller, which I use a couple of with some generic usb adapter that's hit or miss. I've had the Xbone controller up in my hands but haven't actually played anything, the dpad seems better but I dunno if its quite what I need. Suggestions?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Xaris posted:

There's a whole subreddit devoted to playing the clicker game and thousands of people are having fun rapidly clicking the same pixellated flash monsters to watch numbers go up as their brain sends electrical pulses to their dopamine receptors to make hteir autistic OCD brains to feel good as the numbers keep going up causing blood flow to increase the genital region causing numerically-induced erections of epic proportions.

It's a really good+smart gimmick that people are enjoying themselves so much and Valve is doing a service to gamers across the world with their hard work and wisely thought out and well programmed flash game to treat people and make people feel good--after all, that is what life is all about. Feeling good and being happy and I'm glad Valve is providing them with the opportunity.

What people don't realize is the game is actually a scam cooked up by mice manufacturers to increase sales, just imagine how much lifespan has come off peoples mice by playing that poo poo

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Would you guys say we are in a golden age of PC gaming?

No, this is not 1999-2005

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Xaris posted:

huh? Actually the 2001-2006 period was pretty loving horrible for PC gaming. We're actually in the best PC gaming high right now--really embarrasingly lovely Batman port aside.

Explain. Using examples from this room

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I already have a bunch of small/indie games that I only got to play on my laptop while on the road for work HOWEVER whats out there that's decent in top-down fly shooters? Truxton was a favorite of mine.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Uh... was it this thread I read about Secrets of Grindea in? Anyway its good. Download the demo. I'm definitely buying it after trying it. Old school Zelda type ARPG with humor

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I asked about what I later learned is referred to as "shmups" a while back and was recommended Crimson Clover. It went on sale the other day so I got it, its pretty good, but its almost a bit too over the top. I find it hard to even identify incoming fire sometimes. I was thinking more like Truxton on Genesis, is there anything else out there a little more...slow and calculated I guess? Also maybe something a little more modern, if its gonna be this crazy I want the graphics to melt my face like whatever his name "we are...not thirsty" in Raiders

codo27 fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Dec 5, 2015

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Luisfe posted:

And your frothing demand should be increasing for Ikaruga

http://store.steampowered.com/app/253750/

Well I sure am glad I've only had 3 or 4 beer cause if I was drunk the backgrounds in that game would have made me throw up.

I might add I only really care for top down not side scrollers

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

An extra 10 chapters couldn't fix what a half assed piece of poo poo that game is

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Has anyone's steam ever reported wildly incorrect playtimes? I'm sure I only played MKX for about 2 hours total and I just double checked and it says 129.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I keep getting notifications about games and groups I have nothing to do with, warhammer for example. If I open the friends panel and click the groups tab, there are groups there that I'm not a part of, and when I try to leave them from there, it opens the groups page in the main steam window and they aren't there so I cant leave the group and stop getting these loving popups all the time

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Sivek posted:

I figured this project would peter out like most long-range mods but they've been updating it at regular intervals for a couple of years now and have made a lot of progress. It looks great and I've been holding back on replaying it for the nth time until they finish it. link for those interested.

Probably worth a look for those interested in RE mods as well. I had an old bookmark for this site with a lot of great content but when I went there it was moved to this new site.

Ok so the stupid groups thing I asked about 2 pages back. How do I unfollow this garbage from the community page? I dont see anything about groups

refresh: I get notifications from groups I never joined, such as this warhammer garbage. When I look at my list of groups, it ain't there. If I open the chat window and look under tabs, there is an array of these rogue groups listed. If I click leave group, it brings up my main steam window and the group isn't on my list! If I click view group profile, there is no join or leave button!

codo27 fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 11, 2016

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

A steam controller just popped up for sale locally for 25 bucks. Haven't had the chance to hold one in my hands yet. I only ever use controller for retro or retro style games, racing, fighting or dark souls. Never FPS. I also don't currently have a wireless controller. Should I pick it up?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Iznogood posted:

It boggles my mind that steam still has no sorting options at all. You must create your own tags. How I wish my library worked like the store. With all the sorting options. 550 games is often hell to sort thru. Cannot imagine what it's like for the thousand+ game owners.

In the time since it's inception, Steam has evolved at about the same pace as alkaline batteries. It is the backbone of our economy, but as a piece of software it is inefficient and bland. But you know, let's all heap praise on gaben for no reason

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Just seen a video of some PS4 game in development basically where you shoot lots of zombies. Whats out there in that vein on steam? Not L4D. I just added Zombie Army trilogy to my wishlist but in the meantime scouring for something perhaps a little cheaper. Keep in mind I've played Resident Evil to death, looking for big on action.

\/\/ I dont do drugs, that means I dont do rails.

codo27 fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 23, 2016

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Luisfe posted:

Zombie Shooter has the most zombies you can shoot, I think.

Looking for first or third person, not top down

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Haven't had a chance to dig through all of my sale loot but this is by far the highlight so far

Worth the $9.99 already. The way I laugh as this is happening isn't sensible at all

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Man I really hope they can do something with the Rogue nameplate except EA is garbage and will just put out more mediocre battlefield clones. I have been able to get RS1 working on Windows 10 though, played through it over Christmas, much easier than I remembered to gold all the missions. Still a blast though. I'm itching here now to get a 4K build started yet idgaf about graphics when it comes to games like that

Question. Can I have a game running on two different machines at once? Seems like that would be a no no but I dunno.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

So I dont really gently caress around with the workshop. Just reading about this Megaman DOS remake and I was looking for it, wondering why I couldn't find it and found out its done through this GameMaker Studio. Are there any projects for it that are any good? Seeing a lot of stuff that looks like my 8 and 12 year old nephews made.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Reading it again I had to look up who this Brianna Wu is. I never heard of her and dont know anything about her but she seems to favor the new iPhone 7 according to her twitter and that is a much worse indictment than Lowtax's review

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I find it kinda sad that steam has no built in voice chat between friends/groups. That I can find anyway. Whats the best/simplest option out there? I got my nephew playing Terraria with me but we are skyping while we play and thats just inconvenient. Should I go with teamspeak even though its just one to one?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Steam is the single worst piece of software in history for no other reason than I have to input my age still before a loving store page loads even though they have my loving age on my account

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I've heard of Alan Wake and thats about it. Big action guy, love shooting things, long time Resident Evil fan. Should I pick it up at this dirt cheap price?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I just dont find Overwatch to be as fulfilling as Battlefield, perhaps its the super short rounds. I do like being able to influence the outcome of a game a lot more due to smaller team sizes. I really enjoyed Doom because its a great power trip for a virtual sadist like myself. Are there any relatively new or upcoming shooters I can look out for?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Vanquish looks a bit over the top for me.

WarpedNaba posted:

Huh, I was always into the huge playercount games, 64+ matches on TF2 were extremely my poo poo - it just frees you from responsibility. I don't have to always be the one playing medic/engineer because no-one else is doing so.

Then again, Overwatch kinda rankled with me, never got into it.

See the thing is, I like to win. I'm roguin' it in BF most of the time, running around by myself capping and defending points while most people are solely looking out for their k/d. I should try harder to lock down a steady group to squad with. Ironically I dont care for squad shooters, I like fast paced action too much. I've looked at Arma but I think it would be too slow paced for me.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

owl_pellet posted:

Has anyone ever had an issue where their controller was just not recognized by a game anymore even though it had been previously? I was playing the Witcher 3 this morning just fine with my controller and then I get home from work today and I can't get it to recognize it at all. I know Windows is recognizing it because the dumbass little game recording bar comes up when I hit the guide button.

Edit: Got it working, I had to uninstall the controller and reinstall it. Dunno why it started acting up...

Gf wanted to play Far Cry 4 yesterday, so I ran a HDMI cable to the TV and got it all ready, no loving sir would the Xbox One (!!) controller work. Face buttons acted like arrows. Found a fix that said to disable one gamepad entry in device manager, and it crashed Windows to a bluescreen repeatedly after reboot that I was thankfully able to rectify with a system restore. gently caress you Ubi so much. (The pad worked fine in other games)

I grew up with Jungle Strike and Desert Strike and later Soviet Strike on PS1, is there anything out there in that vein? I dont care for full on flight sims, and plane dynamics aren't to my liking, but I love choppers and Battlefield just isn't giving me my fix. I had this Apache Air Assault game on PS3 too that I liked but I remember being buggy. I picked up this Logitech joystick at a thrift store for $5, it isn't ancient or anything and I wanna try it out.

gently caress, then you have Rogue Squadron. Why weren't the sequels ever ported to PC? Some of the most fun I've ever had in a game. There gotta be some other similar games out there currently.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Add Stardew to the list with Terraria of "games everyone should own"

I wanted to try Arma 3 but was told it was a bit slower, more calculated. Seen Argo for free available today which seems a bit more my pace. But jesus, why is the framerate 0 and seems half the controls dont work sometimes?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Every so often I'm going on pcpartpicker pricing up my next build, gotta have 4K gotta be on the cutting edge. Nvidia sends me an email asking what my 3 most anticipated games are, I cant name one. Resident Evil 2 remake is about the only thing I'm looking forward to, and the redemption of the Battlefield franchise cause its been all downhill since 4. About the most satisfaction I get and thus most of what my queue is on Steam is all 8 bit retro platformers and junk. Why cant someone make a game thats retro styled in gameplay but looks awesome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I have the steam app and it doesn't seem to be too much of a pain to sell all checked items, whats the best way to list a bunch and then go approve them all there?

I never paid attention to stickers or cards and I have pages and pages of them I'd like to either get rid of or use. No sense in updating a profile if I don't care about friends lists right? Just sell all this crap for under a quarter?

Thats what I do, if you actually play the games you buy you can make a few bucks here and there without issue. I dont think there is any easy way to list them all quickly though because steam

• Locked thread