Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
How's the newest Wolfenstein game? I'm waiting for a bigger discount on the retail version so I don't have to download all 40 gigs of the game, but just curious about general impressions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fart of Presto posted:

I finished it a couple of days ago and had lots of fun playing it. It's a really linear, but extremely pretty game, good story and characters for an FPS, being able to dual-wield almost all weapons is really satisfying. Imagine a set-piece campaign like CoD single player, but actually fun.
Of course it's not perfect, but had I bought it at full price, I still wouldn't have felt cheated.

That sounds good. I'll be glad to pick it up when I can, then.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh man, Crypt of the Necrodancer has a steam page up and it looks like there's going to be local coop, as well! This game is shaping up to be pretty awesome. :allears:

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lance Streetman posted:

Xseed finally gave a release date and price point to The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. It's coming out on the 29th, and will be $19.99 (though it'll be 15% off for the first week). Also they apparently did a number on the game's code so it now supports widescreen resolutions, among a number of other changes.

For those who haven't been keeping up with this, Trails in the Sky is a turn-based RPG made by Falcom (the Ys guys) that was released way back when, and only just recently got an English release on the PSP. This version is the original PC version, with all the features from the PSP version added in.

Yay! Though now I have to decide between this and Crypt of the Necrodancer. :ohdear:

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
People probably already know this and I'm just slow as hell, but looks like Saint's Row 4 finally has its Game of the Century edition up.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

ovaries posted:

Does anyone know of any games that feature full, native DualShock 4 support? As in no additional Xinput wrapper necessary, and proper button icons shown in-game? I'm aware that as a DirectInput controller it can be used with just about any game that supports that, but I'm curious to know about any that properly acknowledge it. Octodad, OlliOlli, and Shovel Knight are the only ones I can think of offhand, are there any others?

Cook Serve Delicious.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Anyone in the Steam beta can use Steam Music as well.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Looks like they're releasing some free Octodad DLC soon.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
It helps that Crypt has most of its levels/zones done already. It's only missing Zone 4 and endboss, according to the EA FAQ.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I remember reading somewhere (so take it with a grain of salt) that the survivors in DR2 OTR have less health than regular DR2. Not sure if that's true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I guess this is true if you live in a place with really slow internet or bandwidth caps. 30GB doesn't take much time to download even with my modest 15mbit connection.

I'm missing out on a lot of newer games because my download speed lets me download a gig every hour to hour and a half. It sucks.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
It was nice to play a character that spoke and had thoughts about stuff. It helps that Daud is cool and has cool stuff to use.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Regarding Xcom, should I just get Xcom Enemy Unknown for now and wait for Enemy Within later or is the expansion pack one of those things I should get right away?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

SilverMike posted:

You could easily hold off on the expansion pack, it adds stuff you don't absolutely need and would appreciate more on a second playthrough.

Cool. How about the other little DLC? Anything good from them or easily ignorable?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Five Nights at Freddies looks like an early 90s FMV game, something one would see on the Sega CD. Somehow, the weird look makes the game seem more unsettling. Funny how a silly idea like murderous animatronics manages to be a more successful horror game enemy than the million jump scare games out there.

Ryuga Death fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 24, 2014

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
From what little I've seen of Five Nights at Freddys, it seems like the game has no music either, but really good use of creepy ambient noise/sounds.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Five Nights at Freddy's, the silly horror game with murderous animatronics, is 50% off at the humble store today.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth preorder page is up. Owners of Binding of Isaac get a 33% off discount, reducing the price from 15 USD to 10 USD.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also, I think the Five Nights at Freddys team is already working on a sequel, so they're probably just getting whatever little bit of extra money they can now.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Space Marine is fun when you're going through orkz but became kind of obnoxious, for me, when the Chaos Marines came in.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Crimsonland is 55% off as part of the weeklong deal. Is it worth picking up? It looks like mindless fun.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

mr. nobody posted:

Played Guantlet for the first time, went to set it up to TV resolution and .. no 1080p option?

It's not my card/drivers I play all my games that I can on my TV at that resolution without problems.

Any ideas?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/258970/discussions/0/613936673619029735/

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
RE6 is a lot of fun. Mercs mode is a fun way to do cool stuff and go for large points if you have an inner need to play old point based arcade games.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Neat, today's daily deal is Crypt of the Necrodancer for 33% off. My first early access purchase, woo.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Awesome! posted:

it's good

I'm loving it so far! I'm really bad at it, though.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
How's Hammerwatch?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
How's the game Forced? It's today's daily deal and a local coop game. Those always pique my interest.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Azran posted:

What happened to the Xcom thread? I redownloaded it and was wondering if I should get The Long War.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3529135

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
What's the download size for the new Wolfenstein? Been wanting to play it but my connection is pretty poor. If it's too large, I'll just get the retail version.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Does it run well? Seems like it may need some beefy parts.

I'm on i5 4570, GTX 660ti, 8gb of ram.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

It might get a black screen if you run it fullscreen through a HDMI cable, the solution is a program to manually override refresh rates.

Oh and it might be so awesome it will make other games you used to think were awesome seem less awesome.

What program is this? I ask because I run stuff now through HDMI and sometimes get random black screens when UAC pops up or watching something on Amazon.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
How is 7 Days to Die?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

It's a shame the Dead Space 3 thread is in the archives because I have been playing lots of it (see avatar). It is also not on Steam because of EA and is instead on Origin but there rightly is no Origin thread so I have nowhere to talk about my sweet deer head physics object adventures.

I love you deer head, you're my only friend.

Also I unlocked Retro Mode and it's actually sorta incredible looking?

I've been replaying Dead Space 1 and 2 for the past week. Surprisingly, I still enjoy both of them immensely, maybe even more than at launch. Never did get Dead Space 3 due to Origin and other games taking my time. Is it worth getting? Just beat Dead Space 2 today and looking to do a hardcore run.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

Yes, absolutely. It's only 20 bucks on Origin. Dead Space 3 is not a horror game by any stretch of the imagination and the writing is garbage (again, see avatar), but it's hilarious garbage and the gameplay is still very fun. It's very separated from the other two in terms of tone.

Ha, I forgot that I already have DS3 thanks to the EA Humble Bundle a while back. DS2 was already silly and had garbage writing for silly action stuff, which is fine. Is the DLC campaign, Awakened, worth getting?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
7 Days to Die looks like decent fun and the reviews seem mostly positive. Is it worth picking up and is it fun in coop? I don't care for PvP.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Uplay don't just auto patch their own games like Steam and Origin does?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Nope, I detailed updating Blacklist before but the post has vanished. Essentially they give you the unpatched game and to check for updates you launch it. First of all it assumes there aren't any patches so you have to exit out then relaunch to check. It'll hopefully find the first patch, download it and launch the manual installer. There might be a EULA in the installer and you hitting next a few times (been a while) then it installs the patch. Afterwards it immediately launches you into the game and you have to exit and re-launch for it to check for the next patch.

There were ~5 patches for blacklist when I last tried it? Keep in mind with Blacklist it didn't have a main menu and wanted you to go through multiple cinematics (that could thankfully by skipped) and dropped into the tutorial before you could quit. I think it took me two hours to patch it up and then I decided the game really wasn't worth the effort.

This sounds like an annoying process to deal with. Not to mention, this sounds like it would've only been a good idea during the era before Steam when one had to search file planet or whatever for patches.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Anonymous Robot posted:

God drat, it's a real shame that Resident Evil 6 is honestly a contender for the best action game I've ever played, in terms of mechanics, but it's completely wasted on a god awful campaign that blinded everyone to its incredible potential (mercenaries mode).

The "reboot" lite RE7 is gonna double down on the classic survival horror angle and be bad, I'm predicting. I would immediately buy a game that was just a big bundle of new RE6 mercs characters and levels.

Agreed, Mercs mode is too drat fun in RE6 but the campaign was dull and generally a waste of time.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh man, Wolfenstein for 16.31 USD on GMG. I'm so tempted to get this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lethemonster posted:

It's even cheaper in the 'VIP' bit.

Thanks for this! So I can safely assume Wolfenstein TNO is a good FPS for good dumb action, right? I've been holding off because of the download size but at 16.10, this is pretty cheap.

• Locked thread