Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
By the way, Clockwork Empires - earliest access starts today.

Its kind of a Dwarf Fortress-like made by the Dungeons of Dredmor (also goons) devs.

http://clockworkempires.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Quest For Glory II posted:

I don't trust any Dwarf Fortress-alike until they near completion, if they ever do.

I completely get this feeling, but Dungeons of Dredmor is excellent so they've earned my trust...and my 30bux.

Widestancer posted:

If Recettear goes on sale I'm buying a few copies to give out because I love that game.

I always have a kneejerk reaction against buying cutesy anime games, but Recettear is one of my favorite purchases.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I can't wait for BF Hardline to fail and see what franchise they decide to mercilessly milk to death.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How finished is Grim Dawn and what kind of pace have they been on as far as updating?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tin Tim posted:

Yo, I was wondering if any of you could help me figure out if I got hacked?

When I opened my steam today, it told me that my credentials were used and authorized from another PC located in Russia. Of course I told steam that this wasn't me, and then replaced my password from another machine. There were no new activites on my Steam, or the e-mail account connected to it. I do paypal with steam, and don't have my information saved so I assume whoever got into my account couldn't do anything besides play my games if they wanted to. I'm currently running malwarebytes and Antivir to look for a keylogger, but that's really the extend of what I can think of. Like, it's possible that my old pass got brute forced because it wasn't very complex(and I was dumb for not making it more complex), and jfyi, I never gave out any info to anyone. Oh, and since it says that Steam guard was authorized, that must mean they got into my e-mail too because the authorization code goes there, right? If so, that's lovely because the chance to brute force that pass is extremely small.

I'm just very uncomfortable right now, and fear to do much of anything so please advise if you have any experience in that regard.

My recommendation - set up LastPass for everything, use it to generate secure passwords for the accounts you care enough to login and change. Register the LastPass account with your primary email, and come up with your own password for your email that is very secure. This won't protect against a keylogger, but - at this point also turn on 2 factor authentication in your email and link it to your phone. Any login will require the auth code that is texted to your phone. LastPass generated passwords are basically gibberish to humans and very long so thats pretty much going to stop brute force attacks & guessing. If you have 2 factor authentication on, it should stop them from being able to access your email. That way, even if they have some way of determining your gmail password because of some kind of keylogger, good luck on them guessing that time sensitive 6 digit auth code.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I meant use your phone for 2 factor authentication for your email acct. That way when they try to login to your email, they'll need a code from your phone. When steam guard send out an email with their specific code they shouldn't be able to get to it, since they won't be able to actually login to your email without having your cell phone. I'm not sure there is a way to get Steam guard to text you - but then again I've never tried.

Assuming you are using gmail -

https://www.google.com/landing/2step/

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
10:23:28 AM PST

"With Windows 10 we will enable streaming of Xbox One games to any Windows 10 PC or tablet in your home later this year."

10:22:40 AM PST

"We think enabling people to play multiplayer games on Windows 10, across Xbox One and Windows 10 will unlock the potential of Xbox Live."

10:21:26 AM PST

Spencer is on Windows 10 and Carter is on the Xbox One. They're playing alongside each other.

this is pretty loving cool actually

also Windows 10 will make it easy to record gameplay, even if you don't have like shadowplay or something

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
orv once tried to gift me huniepop

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so what really needs to happen is microsoft/oculus/all theo ther people making VR goggles need to partner with fleshlight

like do a oculus + huniepop + fleshlight combo and sell it

good idea right guys

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
finally, the day will come when we no longer have to date 3D

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Justin_Brett posted:

So if we're still talking about anime, Forward to the Sky got greenlit and is coming out on the 29th. http://store.steampowered.com/app/333250/

Seems like it could be a really good 3D platformer, something Steam is lacking in.

what is it with anime games and the pedo-rific main characters tho

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ragequit posted:

Anime you slice it, Orv's in.

:eyepop:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tecman posted:

So has anyone given this game a shot yet: TOXIKK.

I'm thinking of maybe picking it up, has anyone played it already and thinks it's worth it NOW (Early Access and all that)?

And if so, I'm just wondering in advance if there's 3 other people who'd wanna grab a 4-pack together?

I saw a thread about it and intend on buying it this weekend once I get my question answered about how populated it is

ive bought games like this before where there are like 10 people playing the game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Morter posted:

It stars a young girl, so obviously everyone who hates anime thinks everyone who likes anime is thinking sexual thoughts about her. Because anime.

This is probably the most amount of times I've said that word. It's doing that thing where it's making less sense the more I evoke it.

i actually kinda like some anime even, but its just weird, every time I see a person playing games with young anime girls its creepy unshaven dudes

like if you watched AGDQ this year, the one anime as gently caress game had a bunch of really awkward creepy looking guys talking about how cute the main characters are

im not saying its the devs intention, i just know who is going to be playing this for the most part

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive never played it but I like the art style

that town screenshot is really pretty

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like big anime breasts

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zombie Samurai posted:

Is that the same as "I love big anime tits!" tho

nah not really you are right

but you said it in your post so i guess you win

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pastry of the Year posted:

you'll cowards don't even really like big anime tits, though

mods?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
In Orv's absence from this thread, I will go on record to say that he loves big anime titties

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you two be sure to send us your trip report of Huniepop

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lt. Lizard posted:

I predict that goons will singlehandedly make anime games on Steam profitable, purely by "ironically" gifting it to each other and "ironically" playing them. See also: Bad Rats.

i like anime games unironically*

*(not really)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Acquire Currency! posted:

Good games do own yeah

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

WarLocke posted:

Steam Thread: Almost as bad as GBS

can we have our own hellthread

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
being gay is totally acceptable and is not a pejorative, so im going to assume he meant

quote:

this is a really fabulous new title and mahjong is cool when you're distracted by beautiful and wonderfully realized anime characters

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

WarLocke posted:

It's still bannable/probatable to emptyquote, right?

I mean it's not just the above post (before you added to it), I've been seeing a bunch of emptyquoting lately it seems like.

most things are not probatable anywhere except D&D and some other boards

games, GBS, etc have REALLY lightened the rules

you have to really try to be unfunny/weird to get a probation anymore

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Acquire Currency! posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure that the Xbox shark tank thread is this forums helldump and that thread is crazy bad

yea i forgot that we had that thread

the other helldump thread is occasionally funny to read, the shark tank thread has a lot of white noise

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kewpuh posted:

i dont gas threads but i can assure you that it will rightly get trolled so badly that nobody will want to post in it

this is the best thing about your moderation, you let idiots own themselves and i like that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i will accept a copy of huniepop, just fyi

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Orv asked me if I wanted to ascend to the 2D realm with him this morning

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
apparently the person in the title has not played huniepop

can a goon give me their unbiased review, tia

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sauer kraut posted:

Yes, Valkyria Chronicles sale :toot:
The gateway drug into Anime heroin.

first its Valkyria Chroniceles then its "Huniepop 5/5 -Orv"

you truly can't fight it, just embrace the cool 3D anime tittay

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:chanpop:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Orv posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?

he wants a copy of hatoful boyfriend, and would happily accept a copy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

decisions decisions

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also god drat did the release of Dragonball Xenoverse creep up

can't wait

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ddraig posted:

The boss battles in Dead Rising games have gotten progressively worse since the original.

The series is kind of built upon them, though, so they're rather unavoidable.

Here's a sample

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq53dtvwrH8

e: Bet people were wishing for a return of anime titties now, huh?

im hard

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Deakul posted:

He asked what's good about it, not what's bad.

i, too, find no joy in video games that don't take themselves seriously

give me a masterpiece like dead rain over a video game that knows its a video game any day

keep on keepin on friend

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its good if you have a 360 controller

I couldn't get my logitech or my PS3 controller to talk to the game despite lots of dll fuckery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
jesus christ

• Locked thread