Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Why I can't view MGR: Revengeance page on Steam? Select regions only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Palpek posted:

Maybe if you actually wrote where you live we could answer that :rolleyes:

Malaysia

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Delusibeta posted:

It's probably because the PC market is so looked down upon over there. Not entirely sure why they don't even sell their stuff in the English only digital only form.

^Oh yeah, and Metal Gear Rising is one of the new region-locked games where you'll have to VPN to activate the game.

Wait, what? I thought the Skyrim modding scene is surprisingly huge in Nipponland.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

It's disproportionately large compared to the customer base. I guess you can say that the PC gamers there are more dedicated on average, which makes sense. A smart video game company would find a way to leverage that dedication. The Japanese industry just doesn't give a poo poo. There are still a lot of companies and executives over there who think PCs are the source of all evil and somehow having a digital version available will increase piracy. Because downloading = piracy. Most of the PC publishing that happens with companies like Square Enix and Sega happen almost exclusively within their US branches, often to the disdain of their Japanese branches.

Hah, small wonder SCEA/SCEE rightfully told SCEJ to rightfully gently caress off when it comes to the PS4.

Even the piracy argument doesn't fly unless they are telling me Steam sales doesn't work in Japan like the rest of the world do. A million PC copies of Skyrim Legendary Edition not moved there for $20 each is still a respectable $20M.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Manatee Cannon posted:

Does Japan even care about games like Skyrim? Maybe the games that sell big on Steam just don't in Japan.

You are talking about a country where almost the entire telco industry thought the iPhone will never be successful there. One of them, however, tested the waters and it became a runaway hit and into complete, utter domination.

Saying there is easily untapped potential ripe for the picking for PC gaming with Steam for Japan is probably not an overstatement IMO.

Palladium fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 19, 2014

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Palpek posted:

We're talking about PC purchases in Japan and not PC purchases of Japanese games in the West. Of course well known Japanese games ported to Steam will sell in other countries, it's a no-brainer.

That reminds me of how Capcom refuses to do a English localization for PW:AAI2 and that getting ended up fan translated anyway. It certainty won't be CoD levels of success, but for sure whatever small sum invested in localization would be massively repaid several times over with a 3DS /iOS digital release, so I guess they really hate money even when their financials are bombing.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Jerusalem posted:

If by some remote chance you don't already own Fallout New Vegas, it really is worthy of the high praise it so often gets, and has the best DLC of any major game I can think of in the last few years. If you didn't like Fallout 3, this game is much better. If you DID like Fallout 3 (I did), this game is still much better.

I despise how Obsidian in general gets treated like poo poo when it comes to bugs (on a Bethesda engine, no less) but when the same thing happens to Bethesda own games they get a free pass.

So support F:NV for great justice.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Accordion Man posted:

There's just seems to be this animosity towards Obsidian by some gamers and reviewers and its just weird. They ain't perfect but Obsidian really tries to push the envelope when it comes to quality role-playing and storytellng in RPGs and they have the talent to back it up.

Not to mention Lucasarts forced them to rush out KOTOR2 by the holidays and Obsidian actually offered to fix up the game post-release, but Lucasarts refused. gently caress Lucasarts forever.

Even in the half finished state it's a much more brilliant game than KOTOR1 I dare say.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Silver Falcon posted:

One thing I really liked in Diablo 3 is when your character calls Belial on his poo poo. By the time you go to fight him, it is REALLY loving obvious that the kid Emperor is Belial. I liked that my character had come to the same conclusion I had and didn't act the least bit surprised.

A Diablo III with no story other than "Diablo is there, kill him" would still be better than full Metzen we got.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Phenotype posted:

Why on earth isn't Mass Effect 3 on Steam? I actually thought it hadn't been ported to PC at all until just now.

Because EA like Capcom hates money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Zedd posted:

ME3 (as a massive fan of ME1+ME2) starts off weird, turns pretty drat cool, and turns to poo poo near the end storywise. The actual gameplay is the best it's been. The first hour and everything past Rannoch are terrible though storywise; but for 5bux or something it's hard to go wrong.

That still beats DA2 in my eyes. :v:

Just the MP alone of ME3 in spite of all the P2W nonsense and balancing issues is a much better game than DA1 + DA2 combined.

• Locked thread