Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Hmm, not seeing a sticky about this thread so I'm thinking it's unofficial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Just an FYI, check out this cool admin post from the other, Official, Steam thread

Cowcaster posted:

Sorry that was mean, you can post the ironicat emote all you want in this thread.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Xeras posted:

I'm not real big on games as art usually. Is this a game I will likely enjoy?

It's just a semi-short jrpg, the only "games as art" part that applies to it is "wow this game looks nice"

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Seems like someone's reading the wrong steam thread if you want all the hottest inside Early Access tips

SynthOrange posted:

Thanks early access.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I like the other new steam thread, personally.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Lester Shy posted:

Accidentally posted this in the other steam thread.

No, you posted it in the right place

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
13 pages and mentioned in a sticky vs this 7 page garbage thread factually this is not the real Steam thread.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Other, Objectively Better Steam Thread: Dudes chilling, giving away games, making trades, learning about Dynasty Warriors for PC, etc.

This Steam Thread: hitler probably

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
duckfarts, admittedly pro-hitler

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Epsilon Plus posted:

So, how do people feel about Dynasty Warriors 8? I assume the core gameplay hasn't changed terribly much since the last one I played, which was probably 4 or 5 or something. It's not a crappy console port locked to some bizarre resolution/refresh rate, right?

Seems like you're in the wrong thread friend

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Palpek posted:

I fully support your thread friend.

Thank you, I am doing the best I can.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
:(

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhBq-Mp1ZxM

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

mr. nobody posted:

One thing that's missing on the steam forums is a thread to talk about steam while relaxing and playing games with friends and discussing dynasty warriors 8 extreme.

MY MAN, I know how you feel.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Isn't that game supposed to be actually pretty good

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
There's a demo

http://freedomplanet.galaxytrail.com/

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Duct Tape Mod is for whiners anyways

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Anyone else wish there was another Steam thread, one with a minimalist op and friends around every corner, also hot Dynasty Warriors for PC info? Guess I'm just fantasizing...

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

You have friends here.

:kiddo:

Orv posted:

I have never wished for anything less.

:(

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

The Kins posted:

It's literally built on top of a Sonic fangame engine, which is probably where this is coming from.

Isn't the artist like a furry Sonic guy too, I mean, the art looks nice, but the relation isn't hard to see at all.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Yeah downloading that immediately

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
That ship game is so good

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
If they charged a single dollar for that game they'd be making a lot of money and not the single $20 they're gonna make with their weird subscription plan or whatever their f2p solution is

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Testekill posted:

Velvet Sundown is actually pretty fun. I roll the thief so I'm just going about and schmoozing. I'm approached by the undercover agent who wants me to steal some data. I steal it and sell it to him and then tase him as soon as I get paid.

It's a pretty neat game with a lot of rough edges.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Testekill posted:

Someone said earlier but this would make a load more money as a five or 10 dollar game then it will as a subscription based game. It just makes no sense for them to do this.

Yeah I've been playing it for a few hours, and it's so close to being a really cool thing but there's so many tiny detail missing I assume the developers must not have much history actually making games. Like, one person quitting can totally break it and force you to wait 30 minutes or whatever until the game ends, the tutorial is totally useless, the lobby system is terrible, etc. etc.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Shattered Memories is a really good and cool game

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Just got to the magnet sections. Qube can go gently caress itself.

Yeah when I got it this is where I stopped too

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

What the hell is Lovely Planet and why does my brother keep talking about this game

https://www.pcgamer.com/review/lovely-planet-review/

I like, the music

https://www.calumbowen.bandcamp.com/album/lovely-planet-original-soundtrack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Reviews are very bad, people on the WEB say it's okay but don't expect much

• Locked thread