Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
In regards to the whole Obsidian discussion, I listened to this interview with Chris Avellone. He talks a bit about the challenges they faced basically doing sequels and having to learn a new engine every time. Also pretty sure at one point he says that QA is generally handled by the publisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

lordfrikk posted:

Nobody mentioned the recent South Park: The Stick of Truth game by Obsidian during the bug discussion! Not sure what the general response was but I'm happy to report no bugs were encountered when playing this disgusting game! :science:

And yeah, Dungeon Siege 3 is kinda weird in that it has no bugs but it also isn't really that good in terms of world building and writing in general. Not sure how much of it was caused by executive meddling, but it's a shame. At least the combat was fairly good with a gamepad.

Fun fact is that both DS3 and South Park use Obsidian's in house developed Onyx engine. Their two least buggy games are games built on their own tech. Funny how people gloss over that.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Here, have some Insurgency.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I really liked Dying Light. but gently caress the bombers. Only appear in places to give you a cheap death.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Valve will contract out Half-Life 3 to Obsidian.

It will be considered great but ultimately flawed.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Just remake Uncharted Waters: New Horizons.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Ryuujin posted:

So played some Saint's Row 3 while it was a free weekend, then went back and played some Saint's Row 4. Was thinking other than Saint's Row 4, and presumably the Prototype games, any other games where you run around with super powers on Steam?

I assume you already know about Gat out of Hell?

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I would purchase Dead Rising 3 right now if they actually released the most crucial DLC for it on PC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmyGxbRlMd4

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
The word linkage reminds me of sausage.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Tom Bombadil

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
They should make a TMNT Musou game.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Leal posted:

Releasing a MOBA is a bad idea.

I agree.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I bought Pirate Warriors because I heard it was one of the better musou games and I knew absolutely nothing about One Piece going into it. Steams says I've got 44 hours in it.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Funny thing about Arkham Knight is that it worked flawlessly for me on release, but I just recently went back to it to do some dlc and finish story+ and I got audio bugs and stuttering every now and again. Nothing game breaking like others had, but still annoying.

Justin_Brett posted:

If I still have Shadow of Mordor on the go there's not too much reason to pick up Origins now unless I want more Batman, right?

Correct.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

WickedHate posted:

Yeah, I don't really see the big deal about the graphics, because I'm super casual as far as details like that goes, so I've always wondered if I should just buy it anyway. On the other hand, like I said, I really want 5, but the portraits not being at all like the sprites is just too notable and in your face. The FF6 portraits look good and have the right hair color.

Well, there is this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=525843936

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Pro tip: check the guides sections for the musou games for button replacement mods.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I wish Disney would let Wayforward give Rescue Rangers the same treatment they did Ducktales.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Tendales posted:

did you know that snakes also don't have arms, hair, or videogames?

but do they know about Metal Gear?!

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
They should make HL3 a visual novel.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I liked that Mass Effect 1 gave you bonuses for completing achievements. I think that was the first game I ever got all the achievements on back on the 360.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
The real crime about Mankind Divided is that they changed Sarif's voice actor.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Mafia 3 kept forgetting to save randomly. So it'd be a crap shoot when I died if I'd be anywhere close to where I was. Even when I finished the game it kicked me back to having two districts left to take over.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Futuresight posted:

So I wanna try a Dynasty Warriors game just to see what the fuss is about. From what I've heard I probably won't like them but hey, they're on sale and I have a problem. Should I get DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends, SAMURAI WARRIORS 4-II, or DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 Empires?

I think the mechanics of SW 4-II are better, but DW8XL has probably more content and an English dub if you're a weirdo that absolutely needs one. I wouldn't recommend Empires for your first Warriors game.

Either way, look on their community guides pages for mods that replace the awful button prompts with xbox controller prompts.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Did they work out the kinks in Dishonored 2? Because greenmangaming has it for 55% off right now.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

Shadow of War for $300?! No Thank You Ma'am.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/middle-earth-shadow-of-war-mithril-edition-only-at-gamestop/143083

E: lmao it's already sold out, what is wrong with people.

People love statues.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
One Piece is pretty fun, and I say this having gone into it knowing nothing about the source material. Be sure you get the button replacement mod from the community guides sections for it though.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Calling it the Pathfinder update just reminds me that a better game where you play a Pathfinder is coming out in less than two weeks.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
The worst part of Mass Effect 3's ending was that they made you move super loving slow.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Carecat posted:

Toukiden 2 is out tomorrow :confuoot: I didn't get the last one but don't think it was a great port? Still I'm ready for a PC monster hunter.

I didn't have any issues with Toukiden Kiwami, but I also only played it a few months ago, so maybe it had its issues ironed out by then?

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Metal Goat Rising

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I play all of my pc games on a guitar hero guitar.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Life is just a series of QTEs

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Mover posted:

Yeah, even as someone who had never watched an episode of One Piece and doesn't really care about the series, Pirate Warriors 3 is maybe the best musou game out right now.

Tons of content and the most creative and diverse spread of power sets and play styles they've ever done

seconding this. never watched an episode of One Piece before playing it and it's probably my favorite straight up musou game. I like the DQ Heroes games, but they're not really straight up musous.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Does he keep you waiting?

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Catpain Slack posted:

Okay, so I'm a bit late to the party but i finally got around to playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.

It's really fun but holy poo poo strength in numbers arisen aught aught aught aught aught.
Every "aught" takes me one step closer to insanity.

Wolves hunt in packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Leal posted:

Any opinions on Dragon Quest Heroes 2? I wasn't a big fan on the tower defense of the first game, but it looks like the second game isn't like that?

There are only a couple of defense missions in the second one. Overall I thought it was much better than the first one.

• Locked thread