Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell

Drifter posted:

Aside from it looking nice it's not really been positively reviewed.

You can afford to wait for it to drop below $10.

Child of Light has 76 metascore according to its Steam store page so it's not like it's bad or anything. For what it's worth, I absolutely love it. If anyone's on the fence about CoL, just try the demo. The full game is more of the same, and I mean that in a positive way. The game is short enough to not feel too repetitive, but you'll still get plenty of hours out of it.

The atmosphere is its strongest point and the time-based combat mechanic is novel, if a bit simplistic. It's a pretty-looking fairy tale that's all about enjoying the music, scenery and dialogue, with some jrpg combat on the side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell

Got this one, thanks!

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell

GrandpaPants posted:

Is Rayman Legends the one to get or was that Origins (I vaguely recall that one has most of the good levels of the other).

They are both good, but Legends is the newer one and most people prefer it. It also has several levels from Origins as a bonus.

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell

AfroGunsou posted:

hey heres some more steam games i dont want

and also some origin games ive had on humble for years and i will never redeem them so go hog wild??

Grabbed Populous, thanks :)

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell

Downs Duck posted:

Inspired to play XCOM again, I'll be playing without the DLC Expansion first run, and on Normal. Then thinking of, after finishing one time, activate the DLC and play on Classic.

Can anyone tell me what's the difference between having the tutorial activated or not, preferably without spoiling the story (too much)? I've only played a few stages before and so far I'm seeing I can only pick two of the five available places to pick my home base, and that I seem to have to build some things in a certain order the tutorial is pushing me towards. Is this always/for the most part helpful or is there certain things that would be better with the tutorial off?

You should really just play it with the Enemy Within DLC on the first time around, it makes the game so much better. Switch to classic difficulty on your second run.

If you already know the basics of the combat system and base management, go ahead and skip the tutorial. Having the tutorial on limits your choices a little in the beginning, but that's about it.

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell

Convex posted:

Does anyone have a Rainbow Six: Vegas Uplay key spare from that Tom Clancy Bundle a few months back? My Steam version isn't working and I wondered if maybe the Uplay version isn't hosed.

Can trade for any of the following:

code:
Star Wars™: Dark Forces
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight Dark Forces II
Star Wars™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™
Call of Juarez®: Gunslinger
The Last Remnant
Life Is Strange™ - Episode 1
METAL SLUG
METAL SLUG 3
METAL SLUG X
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode 1: Penal Colony
Company of Heroes™ Complete Edition
Warhammer® 40K: Space Marine
Not sure if this is the right thread for it, I could only find a specific *Steam non-bundle crap* thread in the private forum.

I've got a spare Uplay key but no plat, so I'll need your email address or Uplay name or something so I can send it. I'd post it here but I'm sure some lurker would grab it first.

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell

Convex posted:

Cool, I'm at convex111 at gmail dot com, also let me know what you want in return please!

Done, sent you an email :) Space Marine would be nice in return if you still have it.

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell

Mordja posted:

Vermintide?

Many people here have recommended Vermintide, but my usual online gaming group found it way more repetitive than L4D(2), lacking in polish and overall just not very fun to play after like 5 hours. Maybe it's more fun if you're into Warhammer.

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell

Justin_Brett posted:

I couldn't get into Invisible Inc. just because it was so slow. With other turn-based games you have combat to distract from a long level, but it's usually not a good idea there. Since you can't just haul rear end through levels it takes so long to get anywhere.

Huh. Playstyle probably has a pretty big impact on that since I never felt like getting to your goal and back took too long. The beginning of every level played out pretty slow since you had to be cautious, but it's not like there was a lack of things to keep you occupied. With the easier difficulty settings you sometimes even had the option of just sprinting around and knocking the guards unconscious as they followed you through doors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell

StrixNebulosa posted:

No, this is why you need higher difficulty levels. Beginner has empty, easy levels so you're just moving slowly (even with sprinting) towards safes and the exit. With more stuff in the level you suddenly have complex puzzles to think about as you sneak around.

And that's the truth regardless of playstyle: cautious ghosting or reckless dashing is boring if the level doesn't give you much to keep track of.

It's been a while since I played and apparently I misremembered the difficulty settings. I thought there was another setting between beginner and experienced. You're right about the difficulty, experienced is probably the best for new players.

• Locked thread