Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Steam is cool and you can buy emoticons of weed to show off to your gamer pals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Manatee Cannon posted:

The ending is the worst part but it is by no means good before then. It has its moments and the weird horde mode thing they added was surprisingly entertaining, but you're really not missing much by just ending out on ME2.

Counterpoint: Priority: Tuchanka is the sweetest poo poo. A Thresher Maw eats a Reaper.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

If the baseball players just all decided to lie on the field and flop around like fishes for an hour would people just be like 'I NEED TO SEE THE END'?

I would watch this like crazy :colbert:.

Anyone have opinions on the last Blackwell game? I loved the previous entries, but I can't reconcile paying 20 bucks for a series where most of the games take 2-3 hours to beat.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Robotic Accolade posted:

I'm another person who enjoyed the original Dungeon Defenders, and I picked up the new version a couple days ago. I've only played about an hour so far, but I can give some impressions.

tl;dr: Eternity is an always online, slightly unfinished remake of Dungeon Defenders. It claims better balance and hack protection, and is getting rapid updates now (that don't download via steam) to improve the rough parts. The core gameplay is largely unchanged, and it comes with all 12 characters and some of the DLC missions. I'm enjoying it, but not everyone will.

So which of the stages are missing, if you don't mind me asking? I'd assume all the normal levels and Eternia Shards ones are there, is it just stuff like the holiday maps? Because I'd be okay with that, most of those were lacking (drat Valentines Mission). As for costumes, I'm okay as long as I can still make all my Monks Barack Obama :911:.

Before the endgame grind hell and Jeremiah Slazcka creepiness, DD was a fun game with friends, and I'm hoping it can get back to that.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

saucerman posted:

I know and I don't care what people do in their relationships.

1. She may have problems in intimate relationships. Sounds almost like someone with depression or other mental disorders!
2. And anyway, why should I trust what he writes? It could be selective because there are always two people in a relationship. Only they know all the details of what happened. Plus, do I really want to trust the kind of person who spills intimate relationship details just like that on the internet and likely violating her privacy?
3. Why I should I trust the kind of people who have a history of attacking women or LGBT in the games industry (not referring to the alleged ex-boyfriend)?

No but you see TUMBLR and ANITA SARKEESIAN and CUCK CUCK CUCK

It's really the same poo poo you hear about any "celebrity", but people see this as their chance to "Bring down the SJW's" or whatever the internet buzzword is this month.

I mean, it's a lovely thing to do if she did it, but it's their personal relationship, airing your dirty laundry on the internet is a scummy thing to do regardless, and it's not like she's not trying to help people with the game she made in the first place.

Optional Snarky Response: Look at how many of the "reviewers" have anime or brony profile pictures.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I am Ozymandias, cuck of cucks. Look upon my cucks ye mighty, and despair.

In less dumb news, MGSV coming to Steam is great and I cannot wait to balloon some sheep into my secret base.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

So what is this Playfire Rewards business all about? Is it like a system that awards you GMG credit for playing certain games? And if so, how do I get in on that?

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Empire At War is in the Humble Bundle so here's some :words:.

I played this game a ton when I was younger, and it's a pretty solid RTS. Don't expect anything as deep as Starcraft or something like that, but there are a ton of maps, and the Galactic Conquest mode has like 50 planets to conquer and fight over. The Campaign is fun if you really want to hear the backstory of that guy Darth Vader chokes in the first 5 minutes of A New Hope.

The expansion adds a lot of Expanded Universe stuff to the Rebels and Empire, as well as introducing the Consortium, who are pretty much the Star Wars Original Characters you'd see on Fanfiction.net or whatever. A super cool Crime Lord, his best friend the invisible alien ninja, and the half naked witch with a whip who is "dark and edgy". They're ridiculous, but they're fun, and have a lot of really funny units (Suicide Bomber Ewoks). They are also overpowered as hell, and if the game is still broken, have a lot of funny bugs associated with them (The "Enemy Fleet Approaching" quote randomly plays a completely unrelated sound effect instead, etc.)

Overall I really like the game and I'd definitely recommend giving it a try, even if I'm probably still effected by "Got it when I was like 14" nostalgia.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Does Dungeon Defenders 2 do anything to help alleviate the fact that the first game turned what was kind of a fun concept into a horribly awful grindfest towards the end?

I liked the basic gameplay of it, but playing on any of the harder difficulties was such a slog.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Man, I wish Mercenary Kings didn't have such repetitive gameplay, because it looks really good sprite-wise and the music is great. On that note, are any of the Humble Bundle games worth it this time around? I've heard good things about Endless Space.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Anyone have recommendations for RPGs kinda like the Etrian Odyssey series on Steam? Kinda want to do some dungeon crawly stuff. I already have Grimrock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

If I'm into Monster Hunter, are either of the Toukiden games any good? 60 dollars is making me a little hesitant to take the plunge based on trailers/gameplay videos alone.

• Locked thread