Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!
New Hero Siege DLC is out! It's just under $5 right now. Looks like an extra level, the Early Access Alpha of Multiplayer and a new class. Some other do-dads thrown in there too with hats and skins.

I tried to try the multiplayer, but I couldn't get it to let me register. I gotta think co-op Hero Siege would be pretty fun though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Anyone have a recommendation for a new skin? Pixelvision broke with the music update and I kinda feel like switching to something else completely.

I'm pretty fond of Minimal Steam UI

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!
I just wanted to report that the new Guardians of the Galaxy table for Pinball FX 2 is pretty great you guys.

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Anyone a fan of that game Shadowgate back in the NES days? I loving loved that game, and it managed to scare the crap outta me. Well it's being remade and I think it looks awesome.

Comes out in like 3 weeks and I'm pumped.

I'm dating myself here, but this game was at least an entire semester of my freshman year of high school. I remember my best friend and I going over hand drawn maps in biology class, running home, calling each other and sitting on the phone playing for hours at night.

Can't freaking wait!

I'm guessing this time around, his wife's not going to be too happy if I keep him on the phone four hours every night though.

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

Koburn posted:

Got my kickstarter key for Rex Rocket today, thought I would give it a quick spin and almost 2 hours went by. I love 2D platformers but I haven't played any that are actually challenging in a long time.

You should check out 8BitBoy the next time it shows up in a bundle. Total Maria style 2d platformer, but really challenging and packed full of secrets and stuff. I've enjoyed it a lot, especially since I had no idea what I was in for when I grabbed it.

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

Gaghskull posted:

I never realized that the wishlist wasn't only used for this.

Yah, my wishlist is huge, but it is more my 'oooh, this looks cool' list than a wishlist. Sometimes I add stuff that's on a daily too, not because I'm fishing for gifts but for "I kind of want this but I don't want to buy it today. Maybe next time its on sale."

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

Niggurath posted:

So are these Electronic Super Joy games legit fun platformers, cause the reviews are mostly pretty negative on the first on in Steam.

Super Joy (The pink one) is okay, it's made to be frustratingly hard though. If you like your platformers with super precise jumps with a time limit behind it(the levels scroll as you go if I remember right), then it's decent. I got frustrated after about 6 levels and set it down, but never felt the urge to go back.

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

Dominic White posted:

I really don't think that FF13-1 is the trainwreck people make it out to be. It has a pretty fun combat engine and fantastic art direction in its favor. The main issues are that the plot is completely loving nonsensical, and that there's no real exploration until the latter half of the game.

It's experimental, and doesn't quite work out, but it's interesting that they tried on such a high-profile game.

FF13-2 improves on the combat engine, opens up the game somewhat, and tries to be Chrono Trigger in terms of story, but ends up being almost as completely incomprehensible.

FF13-3 goes completely bonkers. It feels like a bizarro experimental game from Square's PSX era. The combat engine is action-oriented and single character (with occasional backup), the world itself is very open, with certain events happening only within specific timeframes, and the story... Holy poo poo, they doubled down on the crazy and decide to just gently caress it all and have the entire FF13 universe collapse in on itself in a singularity of anime confusion.

No, really, that's the plot. All of it.

I'd be interested in trying out 13-2 and -3, but there's just way too much hallway fighting in the first half of 13 vanilla before it opens up. By the time I got there on the 360 version, I was so burnt on gray walls, I gave up.

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

Drunk Tomato posted:

How is Van Helsing with a gamepad? Playing with some bros and i generally prefer being lazy, leaning back and using the gamepad, but is it way better with m+k?

I played a bit of 2 with a pad for the same reason, wasn't bad!

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

Gyshall posted:

I'd kill for a good golf game.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Wasn't that extremely barebones outside of creating courses?

The Golf Club's not too shabby of a golf game. http://store.steampowered.com/app/269730/

It's got the procedurally created courses, player made courses, etc. and you can fully play through them. Mechanics were decent, had an analog stick swing, etc. That said, I bought it in early access and got frustrated with it because it was kind of finicky on the swing system. Plus, there was zero to none as far as customization and stuff. You could change between a couple shirts and hats, but there was no stat bonuses or anything.

That said, I haven't checked back in a few months, so I'm not sure what all's changed or if they're even out of Early Access yet.

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

Arnold of Soissons posted:

I can't believe I'm typing these words but: a good indie gala monday bundle?
https://www.indiegala.com/monday

drat, that's worth it for Deadlings and Crimsonland, been eyeing those for awhile!

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

Rookersh posted:

I want to pimp out something more, now that I've had more time with it.

Dungeon of the Endless stuff

I'm kinda kicking myself for not blowing some of my card money on this and Endless Space when they were on Daily Wednesday. Ah well, I'm sure they'll show up in the xmas sale sooner or later! Thanks for the impressions, helped make it a must watch for.

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

Sivek posted:

Deep Dungeons of Doom is in the first tier of the recent weekly Humble Bundle. I've only played an hour of it and it's definitely plays like a mobile port with the very simple gameplay, but it has the feel of a solid, time-waster game. You mainly only use WASD or the arrow keys: hit left/a to block, right/d to attack, down, a to move onto the next floor, etc. The pixelwork is nice, the music is pretty catchy, and the talking bits are brief enough to be somewhat amusing and not feel like they're getting in the way. Only a buck and its passed the test of "will I play this for more than 10 minutes before uninstalling" so I'd say it's worth it if you want to play a short-burst rhythm game. Don't know if I'll finish it but its compelled me enough to play it some more.

Yah, this game is weird. It's super simple and basic yet...I can't help but come back to it. It's definitely a mobile port...they don't even try to hide it. It's fun enough that it doesn't matter. It's pretty perfect if you're hanging out and watching a movie on the computer, have 5 min before lunch, etc. etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

Brock Samson posted:

Should learn to check whether I own them before I buy cheap games like WWWWWW

F6R96-CIHHW-C6A0R

Thanks for that!

• Locked thread